Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Caros posted:

Is this a 'King Kai is dead' joke? Because the voice actor is still alive.

That isn't a joke, I thought he was dead? Maybe someone else thought it was funny or it just stuck in my head like a false rumor that perpetuated for a while, sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Replace Nani with Yamcha or Goku, either or works.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I don't really care about it starting soon because I enjoy this faffing about too much. If anything though, the reveals of what is coming seems to cause you folks some stress, you should relax more and just take it as it comes.

You are literally becoming the people you are complaining about otherwise.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
As someone in IT, I can appreciate a good shortcut.

But I can see why you'd be tired of it, you'd have been better off if you hadn't watched the previews.

The opening is pretty kickass though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I want to see Caulifla replace Goku.

I bet the game is going to be QTE fest of which has not been seen since Dragons Lair.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Doesn't help that they apparently haven't kept up to the latest stuff, Deadpool recently got rid of that randomlol part of his persona after having been holding another villain in his head for years.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

BizarroAzrael posted:

Was that Black Swan or someone else? Or just another, rear end in a top hat version of Wade?
He merged with Madcap after Thor struck them both with lightning so hard that they turned to ash. They eventually separate though. Madcap was represented using white boxes in his inner dialog.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Reinanigans posted:

Wait, so is that a retcon for why he's been a 4th wall breaking, monkeycheese character for 20 years, or does it only account for his personality recently?
Well, he's still crazy, but like, he got even more crazy after Madcap could merged with him. But this video kinda explains it better than I could, as I don't read comics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCMj0wMv2s

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Man, that game looks amazing, but the gameplay looks so remote from anything that interests me.

I'm happy for those it appeals to though, because you are getting some visual treat here. As someone who did computer graphics, I'm floored, even the 3D models of the characters capture that 2D look that is so loving hard to nail down.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
So, anybody familiar with Buddhism?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I really don't want to read episode titles anymore, I'd rather just be surprised, because Toei is actually doing a pretty fantastic job writing these episodes.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Negrostrike posted:

LOL most of DBZ fans are loving misogynists. :shrug:

Same goes for anime fans, video game fanatics etc.

Generally the internet is a really women-hostile space and the struggle to lessen that has actually just gotten harder over time.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Raxivace posted:

When I was a kid I thought Goku and Frieza were just SO FAST that in reality it only was just five minutes, but that it had to be slowed down just for us mere mortals to even comprehend it.

This is what it was supposed to be, but also subtract in anime filler time and cut-aways.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Papa, look look!
Kamehame Ha!
Galick Gun.
Kamehameha!
Gya-Galick Gun!!!

Is all that's said.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

deadly_pudding posted:

???

The game Manatee Cannon just described is not ludicrously more complicated than some existing Rogue-likes.

Sharktamer is an oddball guy who hates the things we find fun. I don't really know what he finds fun, but he clearly hates our idea of it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Getting along is for people who don't harp on about how much they dislike a thing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah sorry season 1 is just Battle of Gods. Either catch subs it wait for it to get to season 3.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
But how are we supposed to feel morally superior otherwise?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

We could talk about that we enjoyed from Super, and the super ominous way it lingered over the greyed out portraits on the Godpad.

Yeah, what the gently caress was up with that? I also thought the characters were going to get erased upon elimination, there's something more going on here.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
A lot of people in this thread don't post otherwise on ADTRW, dbz is kinda the odd sheep appealing to westerners otherwise, operating as a gateway medium

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, we all call Kirito a Mary Sue.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like people overstate how good that abridged series is, because it's kinda informed by knowledge of how bad the source material gets later on.

SAO, as a show starts with a pretty strong first half season, but it made the mistake of going on and then become really bad, but people couldn't stop watching because they are nerds who can't quit when they know something isn't good for them, so they develop some serious resentment instead.

I harbor no love for SAO, but no resentment either. It kickstarted a new generation of MMO animes, most of which have been fantastic (log horizon, overlord and konosuba especially) when all we had before was .hack.

And that was truly terrible.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad you discovered enjoyment in it, it's not that. I just think that not everybody would give it the fair shake you did.

And yes SAO is still pretty popular despite doing some things really poorly, and it honestly isn't the worst out there.

As for theme of being set in an MMO that's just kinda the times man. These coincidences are all over the place, look at the current onslaught of isekai light novels.

A long while ago it was alchemy(buso renkin and full metal alchemist), magical girls, ninjas, death gods... All seemingly written around the same time. You'd think they were drawing lotteries for what kind of stories to write.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

Don't try to make sense of that because come the Jiren fight Goku and Vegeta will have no problem maintaining blue.

They literally said, while sitting on the bench, that they were pacing themselves.

So yes. He won't have a problem maintaining blue.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Goku is going to get knocked out, who wants to bet on what Deus Ex Machina ruling gets him back into the fight?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Super anime is good because it dares to give Goku flaws and development, and even had some really hype moments like when Trunks cuts Zamasu in loving half.

If it ended with that, I think everyone would say it's the best Dragon ball arc since King Piccolo.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Seriously, I don't think manga or anime run much on western audience until recently, and if you somehow missed how big Naruto was, you are really not following trends closely enough to comment on it.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Naruto kinda suffers from the Star wars prequels syndrome where if you didn't watch it as it was going, there's no value going back and watching it now.

Dragon ball wasn't really great either, but it does sort of stand the test of time better.

At least shonen stuff now is pretty fantastic, between My Hero Academia and Dragonball Super.

Does this generation have a third? One Piece is kinda its own thing from last generation.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

I'm watching it now and nah

Not saying it's exactly like that, though I am surprised someone would give it any time of the day now a days, but then again even the prequels had their fans.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

I'm watching it now and enjoying it a lot, and cutting out all the filler episodes. I get that it's popular to poo poo on Naruto but it's pretty good. I'm in Shippuden.

So you finished the good part. I mean I didn't really give up on Naruto anime until the end of the Sand village arc you're at, mostly because fillers really really sucked, but I stuck with the manga for good while longer.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Please ban Dexo.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Dias posted:

I dunno, I'd rather read about Naruto than your lovely white noise posts about posting.

Same buddy.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My favorite part about the back tingles is that it makes sense to how ki is treated in mysticism in real life and it means super saiyan might not actually be unique to saiyans.

Even a human should be able to tap into their back ki.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

TFRazorsaw posted:

Kinda makes you wonder why Future 17 and 18 were so murderous.

So, what happened was that Dr. Gero and Android 19 attacked the South City place, but the Z-warriors in the future timeline were not informed ahead of time about what was going on and either arrived too late or the ones that did make it got Yamcha'd.

At some later point Android 19 was destroyed, and Dr. Gero realized his older schematics were better, so he finished those, scrapping Android 16. After a few test runs, where they successfully killed off Z-warriors, Goku having died from heart disease, they killed Gero and went rampaging because their aggression levels were boosted to basically hate humanity. Hth

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I'm also pretty sure that the comment for Cells spots being hard was made with regards to the manga at the time in the 80's.

We have better tools for drawing spots now.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Zamasu...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That were defined in the 80's by shows like this one.

• Locked thread