Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i have been thinking about some thigns. they are as follows. i haven't watched any of Super yet, because i saw the movies, and while ill probably eventualyl watch it, i just haven't yet. one thing i am disappointed about is that, in dbz, part of the fun as a kid was guessing who would be/was the strongest. like goku was the hero, but until he went ssj he was like definitely not the strongest we know this now (outclassed by vegeta and frieza), however it was cool when he arrived like a hero on namek and we all wondered if he could go toe to toe with freeza, and then he held his own against 4th form for a while and we wondered if maybe he could win with the spirit bomb. like there was a bit of ambiguity and the feeling that our heroes could maybe just do it if they fought hard enough. however now that vegeta and goku are so much stronger than everyone its a little more boring bc kids can't be like "man i think gohan might surpass goku to save the day" or whatever like me and my buds did in the cell saga. imagine how it felt when that happened and then gohan went ssj2... it was wild. but now its like really defined and the gap is so big that theres no chance for the cool other guys (so not like yamcha and tien who loving suck) to even compete. and even the enemies like beerus or gold freeza, you don't have that sort of do or die tension against them bc everyone is pretty aware of where they stand and theyre not struggling in a life or death thing. so while for a movie that is cool and all it is not the same for a series, like i remember on namek or against the androids where as a kid i could believe someone was going to die in the next fight and we needed a hero to save the day. thanks and god bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i like the main series villains probably better. nostalgically i remember being legitimately concerned about recoome and freeza, as both seemed impossible to defeat, to me.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

goku was actually only the strongest character in dbz for one brief period, after he went ssj vs frieza until the first androids showed up. At pretty much every other point someone was stronger except I guess the very short time btwn him coming back to life and buu being woken up

(Raditz, then vegeta, frieza, vegeta/androids, picollo, cell, gohan, buu)

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

man why does trunks have the worst life of all time. androids destroy his timeline, he comes back in time and gets killed by cell, goes back to the future and then some magical evil goku makes things even worse. its really unfair for him

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

u guys know toriyama does not think aobut this poo poo like one bit right

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Goku is not yet more powerful than beerus, they will def have a rematch some time..

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Nah, its clear that no one is scared of Beerus any more, in episode 51 everyone just ignored him and left him in the garden instead of feeding him dinner. Look at the way Vegita treats Beerus, he doesn't cower any more. It's not because they are friends, its because he knows Beerus isn't a threat. If Beerus actually destroyed the Earth Vegita and Goku would push his poo poo in.

The most telling moment is when Beerus sees Goku use the SSJ Blue Kaio-Ken. Whis asked his sarcastically "Oh gee Beerus, that wouldn't be a problem for you would it?". He is clearly making fun of Beerus, because he knows drat well that Goku is now stronger than him. The only reason they keep saying he is "stronger" is a kind of joke respect thing. They won't fight again, that would ruin the joke!

no, they know that beerus and whis are bros w/ the sayains now, and and the red blue ssj is basically just saying maybe it would bea fair fight. beerus wont kill them or blow up earth bc vegeta and goku are his first friends.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i adore the power creep in super and dbz as a whole. i saw someone link the over 9000 video on facebook earlier and it made me realize how ludicrous its gotten. they were like, godly at that point but were basically ants in comparison to say, the ginyu force who were dust next to freeza. from there the androids and the main characters were another tier ahead but were loving lame next to like, 2nd form cell never mind perfect cell. at this points we are talking galactic level threat. however even perfect cell was garbage compared to super boo who threatened literally all of existence, living and dead and mortal and god. from there boo becomes an actual afterthought compared to super sayain god which is almost immediately overshadowed completely by super sayain blue and then immediately a character is introduced which requires a 10x upgrade on ssb and now we're not even talking about living and dead worlds being threatened but multiple universes and the fabric of reality itself. not long after this someone comes around who makes Reality Threatening Warriors look like lames.

they just 100% do not even care about keeping things within bounds or any sort of rules, god ki is so utterly poorly explained so it's basically just "super loving strong" which is actually great because it makes for cool fights.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

It's funny cuz I don't think the actual characters ages really matter. Like gohan is treated as older than future trunks, absolutely, even if he's really like 6 years younger

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Why the heck did they make turles look exactly like goku. It's never explained right

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I wonder if rose is achievable by goku and vegeta? They seem to be playing up blue as like the "real" super sayain tho I know how quickly that can change lol. I love th weirdly religious music that plays when they use God ki

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

more or less everything about super is confusing when u examine it even a little. god ki is wildly unexplained, the power scale (which has gone ridiculous before) is just insanely thrown out the window, trunks age is utterly baffling. the cool part is tho that u also can enjoy it without caring about that stuff even a little

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i didnt read that manga but it being a set distance for his time machine makes sense actually because even for dbz one of the more baffling things during that whole saga was why trunks didn't just stay and train with the guys for 3 years lol. i guess with the idea that every day he spends in the past is one in the future too it makes sense that he wouldn't want to leave his mother alone for 3 years

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i like the whole kaiosin dies god of destruction dies thing because it makes the buu saga extra retarded that they actually let supreme kai fight majin buu 1v1 at various points instead of going "hey whis uh beerus is gonna die unless you come down here for like, 1 minute, and kill this guy"

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i hope for whatever the final fight is they have that animation they did from the last episode. it was so good

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

there was never any intention of keeping the other good guys relevent and most ppl watching dont even care, like myself

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

the dumbest part of the cell fight was the cell jrs. like say goku and perfect cell were fairly close in strength. well theres no reason cell couldn't just pop out all 7 of them or w/e and then go 8v1. it was bizarre that they were like 75% of his strength or w/e and i disliked that even vegeta trunks and goku could barely keep up w/ 1 of them

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

That is the cutest thing. It takes me back to when I legitimately thought the big bads could win, being a kid owned

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

if ss god goku was a 7, beerus a 10 and whis a 15 on that power scale

where was like ssj vegito, like around a 4? and then u can assume ssb goku and vegeta around like an 8 or 9 now

the scale is so super insane like vegito, strongest character in all of Z, is an ant compared to everyone now

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

f*ck all the non sayains i didn't care about them when i was 7 and i dont now

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i wonder how hit would keep up with the current fight.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

thinking about how strong one is in relation to another is an important part of dbz and now super for me

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Relatedly could Videl beat up Raditz or what

i think raditz would win at this point, but if he stayed constant, it wouldn't be hard for videl to become stronger than he was

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

that episode owned

there was no way that trunks even with the spirit sword was stronger than vegito tho, didn't they explicitly say that vegitos attack hosed up zamasu enough to create the opening for him to lose? like i assume the final kamehameha pretty much broke zamasu outright but after the vegito defusion it was grim bc even really hosed up zamasu was way stronger than them esp with goku and vegeta on deaths door

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Vegeta is def stronger than goku at the moment I reckon

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i have no interest in arale whatsoever

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

to be honest, i dont even really know who she is, like i could identify her and she was in that one episode for like a second, but she wasn't in DBZ, so i have no real idea what arale's story is.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ah i see. when i grew up w/ dbz it was serious and about big battles - thats my favorite part.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

ages are ridiculous in dbz all the time anyway. like trunks in the most recent arc is supposed to be like 34 or some ludicrous poo poo, they just said nah gently caress it hes still like 17 or w/e. they just make this poo poo up nonstop

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

only hit and uh cabbage will be important from U6, the rest of them are pretty pointless.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That depends on your dialect.

Reading this makes me realize I don't even say the second o at all. It's just "brock-lee"

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

any time i watch stuff by team four star its awful

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i think also part of the reason i dont like the stuff is cuz im used to and nostalgic for the incorrect version of goku like basically superman hero of justice one. cuz thats the guy i grew up w/ and i dont have nostalgic memories of like mentally retarded goku or w/e

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

HGH posted:

Giving Freeza energy after everything else he had done.

that was noble

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

vegetas got nothing to worry about, i figure hes stronger than goku atm

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

goku smokes cigarettes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQMY9s22qP4&t=325s

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Which brings me to my next point - why aren't Beerus and Whis training up all of the Z fighters in anticipation of this tournament?

itd be a huge waste of time. the gap between say krillin and goku is so unimagineably vast at this point that spending time on them is pointless. goku in base form is leagues stronger than final form frieza who while krillin is weaker than even first stage frieza

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

krillin and the rest of the humans arent dedicated enough to get close. if they couldnt scrape goku-pre-SS power by this pt they'd never handle god ki. however picollo is fair to catch up

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

is hit supposed to be an alt-namekian

also i kinda hate hits design. its so stiff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

krillin and tien arent top 10

whis
beerus
goku
vegeta
buu
gohan
picollo
goten
trunks

are all characters we have been introduced to that are stronger just off the top of my head

edit
i also forgot supreme kai and kibito, and then we also know of recently deceased characters like frieza, dabura, the uh other majin guys

• Locked thread