Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pureauthor posted:

SSJ3 was totally useless except for stalling for time. Goku won, but it was with Vegeta's idea of using the spirit bomb (and them not wanting to port Gohan over to beat Kid Buu because narrative causality forbade it.)

Goku consistently gets the most screentime and battles, but in terms of straight fights he actually doesn't win that many.

I forget how strong Kid Buu was at the time. Would Gohan have been able to beat him? I want to say yes, since the only two entities we had confirmed stronger than him were Super Buu and Vegito, but gently caress if I'm certain about anything in regards to Gohan's strength anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:smith:

I really enjoyed those first four games, somehow...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am looking forward to The Great Saiyaman playing with The King of All.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
DBZ introduced the super saiyan.
Sonic the Hedgehog ripped it off for super sonic.
Sonic then took it a step further with hyper sonic.
20-something years later Toriyama realizes balance must be restored to the force, and we get red, blue, and now even pink super saiyans.

DB Super is taking us in exciting new directions.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I could beat up vegeto if I just took off this weighted fat.
:goonsay:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yamcha will achieve God Ki, and play all baseball teams single handedly til the end of time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gohan should be the supreme kai and god of destruction but also e should be goku, vegeta, and his good friend soulja boy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I could use more Bulmas in anime. Bulma is cool.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rudoku posted:

Because the Spanish version beats them both.

This is true.

Spanish > English > Japanese

That's not to say the Japanese is bad at all, but the only fun upside for me watching the sub is hearing Luffy as Krillin. Everything else is just meh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dias posted:

The Brazilian dub is pretty legit.

Also, Grandma Goku is very good and if you don't like it you are a blithering imbecile of a caliber usually reserved for AP tank ammunition. Thank you.

bro i will kamehameha you into next week

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ruggington posted:

funimation changed the scene of goku powering up after getting out of the time chamber from gohan being completely unimpressed by goku's power to gohan being unable to imagine how strong his dad has gotten

other than that funimation is perfect and infallible and The Definitive Dragon Ball Experience

except for

I can live with that change though. Adds more to the Gohan thinking Goku was insane when he tossed the baton to him. It's incorrect as far as translations go, but still doable for the plot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Agoat posted:

Yeah that part was super jarring. Clearly that part was an accident, I don't think Goku should be standing tall upon his corpse.

At least Gohan seems to be a good sport about the whole thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll have you know Satan fears gohan and rightfully so

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Frankly, if I'm 18, after the poo poo that went down in the cell game I wouldn't exactly be rushing back to fighting a ton either. The whole android thing got really weird, and when it was all said and done some tiny bald dude gave her a new lease on life. She took it.

18 never appeared to me to really enjoy fighting, it always felt more like "get out of my way, I am trying to enjoy myself here." Hell, the only thing that gets her back into the fighting scene is all of Satan's money.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

no go on Quiznos posted:

The english DB opening is a cover of the japanese one. Just like that cover of DanDan the Funi did for the GT DVDs.

Also DanDan is a really good song. it just has no business being anywhere near dragonball.

Blue velvet was pretty rad, too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SirDrone posted:

Isn't the guy who created Broly a massive crybaby that reacts akin to a DeviantArtist?

He gets real butthurt about what a powerful villain should look like.

Dude loves his muscles.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No beerus, no sale.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Saiyan zenkai stuff seems more severe depending on the type of injury.

Both goku and vegeta's most severe leaps tended to follow getting beaten within an inch of their lives or impaled. Hell, Cell leapfrogged to SS2 through cellular shenanigans.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This episode, despite looking kinda derpy at times, was loving perfect. Bulma is great, stupid Goku is great, and as broken as Zamasu/Goku Black have proven to be it's hard to ignore how much a loving prodigy Trunks has become.

I love this arc, Dragon Ball Super is fantastic.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dan Dan and Blue Velvet are the only things I remember fondly of DBGT, period.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku Black was stupid as all hell, in hindsight.

Despite fighting with Trunks infinity times, it takes Vegeta stomping your rear end inside out to realize saiyans feed off anger????:cmon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Raise your hands and help him with his spirit bomb, or Santa ain't coming you little poo poo.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Comparing power levels is a relic of the past. We live in a new age, both of anime and zwee fighting, and I think it only right we leave such relics behind. Keep the past behind you, keep moving forward towards the better tomorrow. Down with power levels, my friends, and up with good fights.

Be the change you want to see in the shonen fighting community.:911:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mai's love is powerful

She's currently competing with Videl for most normal SO in the franchise. This despite her weird rear end revival of sorts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
who gives a poo poo, my time patroller beat beerus's rear end

That's all that matters.:colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
At the end of the day, sour grapes or no, that dude can eat it because Broly sucked.

In a world of angry muscle mans, what if there was THE ANGRIEST MUSCLE MAN?????? One movie was enough, three was just grating.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Actually, Broly rules

:wth::wth::wth:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa:

MY BONES CAN'T CONTAIN SEVEN MORE DAYS OF HYPE

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle next episode. I might explode.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked hating the Saiyan race. Like, it's horrific what happened to them but at the same time they were a planet of loving super angry violent people that were totally down and eager to be the space mafia. It made Goku a complete aberration, and I really dug that. Of course, if that were true it would make Vegeta even more impressive since he's managed to achieve something similar to Goku without the brain breaking head wound as a child.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fair point. I guess if you consider how rarely people change in their given lifetimes, Vegeta getting like 4 chances to make things right just makes him look like a moron.

Good. Vegeta sucksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

So delightfully stupid. :thumbsup:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On the one hand, that is really dumb.

On the other hand, there are an infinite amount more people than I losing their poo poo over this, so I'm gonna say I'm okay with it. Reactions like I'm seeing on /a/ are usually worth it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Having the seen the full episode, I really liked it despite the already mentioned issues here and there.

I just really like that it's bookended in pretty much the best way. The final blow is delivered by Trunks, armed with a sword that is infused with BOTH the energy of ningens, and whatever energy was left on the planet by that point. I kinda wish they had pointed out the earth's energy as much as the people's. In any case, Zamasu was undone by everything he loved and everything he hated, all in one attack.

Guys, Zamasu was really, really, really fun as a villain. It's like if Zarbon was the big bad of the Frieza saga, plays it mostly straight but there's that extra flair with him that makes him over the top. Just great, A+.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I didn't see him around in Trunks timeline, so what do you think?:smug:

Trunks is not dead, therefore he wins by default is what I'm trying to say.:effort:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All paths to power go through Bulma. Never cross the forever young lady Briefs, lest you live on in the world as Yamcha.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TFRazorsaw posted:

I mean seriously, the earth was the one who gave all that energy to him, he didn't even know it was happening until it was right above him

freaking KRILLIN could channel the spirit bomb once someone had done the job of collecting it for him

Krillin is a pretty darned talented fighter tho

Sometimes I like to imagine Piccolo and Krillin, sittin around thinkin up new techniques.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah I bet they talk about that poo poo all the time while they're raking Goku's yard.

...:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mabels big day posted:

Incredible episode. Spirit Bomb Sword Trunks was the best thing I've seen in Dragon Ball in a long time. Also, gently caress you people who call it "genkai-dama" or whatever, or call the Evil Containment Wave the "mafuba".

I don't care about the Potara earring retcon because I never watched the Buu saga until a couple of years ago so I don't have the original rules ingrained in my mind as a child so its no big deal they changed it. All the minor nitpicks about this episode really don't matter because the episode nailed every beat that it needed to and that's way more important.

You will suffer a genki dama by my hand for your insolence.

Also :agreed: on the voice work. Can't stress enough how much I liked Zamasu throughout the entire arc. Such a corrupt, evil turbo dork.:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll play zamasu, and ill insist on saying ningen.

• Locked thread