Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gohan and Piccolo I'd assume. Maybe throw Gotenks in Piccolo's slot if they remember he exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

5 different Future Trunks.

History of Trunks Kid, Sword, Armor, Xenoverse/Time Patrol, GT. doneskis.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Actually, if the Z fighters were building out a team on power and assuming you can't rely on dance fusions long term, it'd have to be Goku, Vegeta, Gohan after a stern lecture about trying hard, Mr. Buu, and then Pikkon if they could get him or Piccolo/18 right?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

zelah posted:

Is Pikkon "this universe"? I assumed movie stuff was separate universe. He'd replace future trunks on my team.

He was in a couple episodes of Buu, fighting SS2 Goku in the Otherworld Tenkaichi. That may have been anime only, but it's anime canon so he counts I'd say.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tien is not a human, nor is he the strongest human, and Toriyama is pretty good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

His video game character designs are pretty rad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If we're letting Tien be considered human then Super 17 is the strongest human.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

"I know who the strongest human is, its the guy with three eyes and shoulder tumors who probably can't even read" - nobody with good sense

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

zelah posted:

That would make Videl and Gohan...oh no

In modern anime director accent: oh yeah

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Namtab posted:

The Mr Satan meme

Not nearly as powerful as the "Bad Dad Goku" meme

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Goku had to get chumped and it had to be by a weird short alien. It was written in the great tapestry of fate.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Should have used a sword. Should have used a copy of Trunk's/Tapion's sword regenerated from the sword atoms left in Frieza's body.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's pretty ok. The ending is cool with the Special Beam Cannon, Masenko, Kamehameha, Burning Attack, and Gallic Gun being fused into a huge purifying beam.

Plus it came with Raging Blast 2 which was pretty rad.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

smug taco krillin

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

When exactly was this supposed to have occurred, time-wise? I remember Gohan being a teen but not having access to his "Ultimate" form (not that most DBZ things remember that exists to begin with). I remember thinking "gently caress yeah, gonna be cool seeing Brolly surprised at how much stronger Gohan is now" but then he just owned Gohan anyways.

Just after the World Tournament. It aired originally in Japan right before Goku fought Pui Pui.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A guy I know likes Yamcha, mostly because of his longhaired design and the fact that he's a baseball player. He thought that superhuman shonen guys exploiting their skills to make cold hard cash in the battle offseason is a cool idea

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

Due to Shonen Power Level Bloat, Yamcha could legitimately defeat 99.999999999999% of the universe in a straight fight with the remaining being the other Z-Fighters and whoever they're fighting this week.

So what you're saying is the next arc of Dragon Ball Super is going to be Yamcha conquering a star system by main force and installing himself as emperor-slugger of the new Solar Baseball Government? Neat.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Jaco is the by the book cop with the weird glowing eyes. Yamcha is the surfer-voiced cop who would like very much to be bribed. Together, they fight crime.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I wrote a fanfiction where Goten beat everybody.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm very excited for this one, but as Baal said, just about the funniest thing they could do is already done. I am interested to hear if they come up with an explanation for why Trunks (especially their Trunks) is chaperoning a trip to a beauty contest.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Justin_Brett posted:

Are they skipping Broly or is that after 13?

I think it's after Broly only because Gohan has access to SSj1 in it but not Android 13. Unless they just forgot for 13.

E: Broly was released 8 months after Android 13, I think in narrative they are both in the week before cell?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

Was Raging Blast 2 any good?

I really like it. It's a 3D fighter like Budokai Tenkaichi, it has a lot of characters, all that. One thing that's somewhat polarizing is the lack of a traditional story mode. Instead you play through a series of fights as each character roughly following their career in the show, sometimes with modifiers added. For instance, Nail's final boss fight is defeating final form Frieza with 1HP. This is also how you unlock characters and there's some unintuitive stuff, like Videl unlocking Zarbon I think, something like that. But yeah in terms of actual gameplay it's one of my favorites.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Squallege posted:

Awaiting Super Android 13 Super Android 17 fusion in Dragonball Heroes

Ultra Android 221 coming soon to beat up a SSGSS Vegito near you.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

My favorite TFS character is Trunks, or if you prefer to use his full name, Toran Kasu.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is what makes it great, Vegeta getting owned is always great.

Disagree. Vegeta getting his occasional shine spot where he decides to put his family first and be a cool guy is better.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I want Vegeta to get an office job at Capsule Corp. Wear a tie. Misinterprete business terminology. Kick the big Jenkins account out the window because he feels it is a threat to his family.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Baal posted:

My favorite Dragon Ball character is Vegeta

My favorite Dragon Ball character is Vegeta's son from an alternate timeline, Future (or Mirai if you're all traditional) Trunks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

As I respect yours, Baal.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The Hulu version of DBZ also ends after Cell. Maybe the rumors were true and the series really was meant to end before Buu.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I voted for Turles, the best character.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yajirobe, Goku, Gohan, and Goku killed the four arc villains.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yajirobe brutally eats Cell with a variety of munches and bite combos.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Trunks, aw yeah

*progressively angrier as power grows* I never saw anyone like THIS when I was around.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I didn't remember seeing any posts about it, and i just finished the single-player, so I'm going to talk about Extreme Butoden for the 3DS. I know a lot of people love what-if stories in their games, and EB has a few. The biggest one, that forms the core of the game, is that due to a contrivance, every single villain from Tao and General Blue on up through GT and BoG, are all brought to earth simultaneously, and given a post-Buu level power up. It's pretty neat. Gameplay-wise it's a 2D fighter, interestingly everyone plays essentially the same mechanically so you don't have to remember a ton of different combos. The support characters/summons are where the gimmicks come in. By and large I'd recommend it, and there is also a demo on the 3DS eshop.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

was the original writer the stupid Broly fanboy because I don't like that guy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

In Extreme Butoden, Broly is hilariously overpowered, and I used him and Kid Buu to run through the whole adventure mode easily.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

Going to be that guy and remind people that Toriyama firmly feels the Dragonball franchise is the story of Goku and focuses on his exploits. Other people can have moments, but Goku will almost always be the hero. Gohan was a fluke since he was supposed to take the reigns, but Toriyama pulled back on it. The series ends with Goku going to train Uub because that's when Goku stops being a student and starts being a teacher thus is the end of his training and, by extension, character.

Toriyama's a chump, Goku's a chump, I'm a lot better

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Covok posted:

I feel a lot of people on the internet have this opinion about the shows they like.

Trunks and Janemba, as well as me. That's what they need going forward.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You are shown the "Goku and Piccolo are given their driving test" episode. The sword waits above your head for your reaction.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I can't wait for the Dragon Ball Civil War when the correct thinking people annihilate all "fans" who hate Super and DB comic relief.

I stand with Satan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Remember how one of the main villains of this show that's definitely not grimdark at all used the Genocide Blast to annihilate humanity because one of the main heroes told him to go murder some humans to kill time and blow off steam?

• Locked thread