Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

it all comes together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

don* gokuu has saved us from the furry menace, thanks gokuu

*that was a typo but i'm keeping it because the image of a saiyan mafia is too funny

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

man i wonder what the super dragon is gonna look like

better not be some GT "shenron but bigger and red" bullshit

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I will accept that

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

we're talking about a series that starts off (from my childhood's perspective) with a man named Cloud, who we find out was originally called Carrot (of the Vegetable people from the planet Vegetable ruled by King Vegetable and his son Prince Vegetable), has his son Rice kidnapped by his brother Radish. Cloud and his archrival Small Flute team up to defeat Radish but Cloud dies and goes to heaven where he trains with a couple cricket men and a monkey to defeat Prince Vegetable and his subordinate Cabbage.

Meanwhile Clouds friends, Old Purple Man and Bloomers Underpants wish him back to life, while his other friends Dim Sum, Chestnut Monk, Fried Rice (who is a different person from Rice who is living with Small Flute) and Dumpling all go off to train with God.

i could go on but you get the point, of course it's dumb but it's also the best

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

maybe i should start watching wrestling

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

jojo crossover, obviously

they've even got a proper wrestling theme and everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3fYtoRNNNQ

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

that's surprisingly on the mark, actually, now I think of it

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rutibex posted:

Why is everyone in the Dragonball universe obsessed with rock/paper/scissors?

because it is a funny contrast to the big flashy fights, about as low-level a contest as you can get

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hit is a loving bro and i hope he becomes the new enemy-turned-ally for Super

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

happy piccolo day everyone

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Carlosologist posted:

I like to think that SSB is what happens when one trains with the God of Destruction, and SSR is what happens when trained by a Kaioshin. since they're different gods and whatnot

Except we already know what happens? Remember Gohan? His ultimate potential/"mystic" form after training with Old Kai?

I mean, new series new rules and all, but there's plenty of indications that at least in Universe 7, Whis et al are flat-out above the kaioshins power-wise.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

We get both. Prime timeline they become Gogeta, then Vegetto shows up from a parallel timeline where they nabbed Zamasu's earrings.

Then they Potara fuse and form Vegogetto. The universe implodes.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Now we just need Trunks, non-chump Gohan and Piccolo to do a team Masenko and I can die happy.

Rutibex posted:

Plus, he knows the multi-form technique :wiggle:

I dunno, multi-form splits your power. What's worse, a man that lasts 4 seconds, or 4 men that last one second?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Augus posted:

how do you pronounce vegetable and Vegeta?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ond5tf6BPKE

:colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Last Celebration posted:

Holy poo poo that ducking owns.

So what android did you post this from?

(In before 16)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Coming from JoJo and Davepro's OP shenanigans, it shocked me to learn that cha la head cha la was used from the beginning of Z all the way through the end of Cell saga. (Partly because I watched the Toonami airing which usually cut the OPs altogether). Is that normal for anime, at least for the era?

Tangentially related, it's gonna be strange when/if DBZA switches to WE GOTTA POWA.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

His name is Furīza-sama you baka gaijin

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

They've also taken to completely redrawing faces in spots (Krillin after Cell no-sells his destructo disc comes to mind), and it definitely is noticeable against the original footage. Then again, so are the redrawn shots in Kai, so...

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I did roll my eyes a bit at "quit trying to TRIGGER my son!" but I may have been reaching.

WENBROLY2!?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Blockhouse posted:

keep in mind kaioshin doesn't instant transmission. his move (kai kai) is better since he doesn't need a ki signature to lock onto.

I forget, does Goku need one every single time, or can he just go places he's been to a bunch and knows the location well? Can't remember if "I know where I'm going but there's no ki!!" was ever a plot point.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rutibex posted:

Why did they change the music in DBZ in the first place? Seems like an unnecessary expense.

IIRC Toei didn't keep high-quality stems for the Japanese BGM, just the final mix with the voices and like super lo-fi separate recordings of the music. So if you wanted to dub it you pretty much had to redo the music if you wanted it higher than early youtube mic-held-up-to-TV-speaker quality.

I've said it before but Faulconer's stuff is fine when it's not being cranked up and smeared across the entire runtime of the episode with zero quiet time or consideration for flow or tension.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

dipwood posted:

I've heard the same "battle" and "tension" themes over and over again.

But enough about Z,

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

sassassin posted:

I miss when DB would teach useful lessons about how to be strong.

F=ma, reduced mass = more acceleration = more punches

physics, bitch

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

SirKibbles posted:

Cell is banned from the next EVO tournament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XJKbvEPuFQ

Mouths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

lezard_valeth posted:

DBS ep. 98: "Last minute switch! The 10th member is Monster Carrot!" (25 June)

Goku is the 1st member though?

• Locked thread