Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay, hold up, Trunks is just straight up being stronger than SSJ3 Goku, what. I mean, I like that a Saiyan can surpass SSJ3 with masterful use of SSJ2 but, like, that would mean having no issues whatsoever against Dabura and Babidi and being capable of manhandling Buu, why would the Kaioshin die in this scenario? and that's before considering that BoG outright states that Goku is just extra buff for having touched SSG.

Goku asking Beerus to lend a hand also makes a ton of noise to me.

Because the Kaioshin didn't have multiple overpowered people to protect him.

Like Gohan, Goku and Vegeta all were there and all more powerful than Babidi, Dabura and the other scrubs they had. The Kaioshin could have gotten unlucky with only one other person there who was strong enough to fight them and gotten killed. Only reason they didn't stomp was because Vegeta was there going through a midlife crisis, and Gohan was loving around.

*Like welp got hit with Dabura's spit and RIP Kaioshin*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Super is so goddamn good. It's essentially my like my personal favorite part of Z, the timejump period after Cell but before everything got all super serious again with Majin Vegeta., all the time.

They have managed to strike an amazing balance.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I dunno I watched the raw and I'm pretty sure I know exactly what's going on.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Aurora posted:

that episode was amazing although i'm a little sad they had to resort to going back in time again

It happens in like every single DBZ arc.

Start of the arc with the villains Goku and co are cocky maybe after beating up a weaker or villian in a weaker form, they get their poo poo stomped by the new/transformed/real villian and then somehow get away or the villian let's them do so.

Now the Z crew must power up and train until they are ready to fight the villian in its final incarnation.

While this is going on we see the villian doing whatever it is they want to do for their plan traveling to the fight or just chilling and living life waiting for them to return.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Vegeta Final Flash - huge swath of the earth carved out, almost destroyed the planet had it not arced off into space where it was still visible from thousands of miles away.

Trunks Final Flash - 3 inch deep crater a few feet across.

That episode was loving amazing.

To be fair Cell kinda let Vegeta charge that motherfucker to hell and back. Trunks just had to get that motherfucker off.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

That's actually not true?

The only time I can think of any of that happening was Buu and even then there was no retreating except for Gohan and Goku. Everyone else got super dead.

Happened in the Android saga twice They all got wrecked, Goku was almost dead, Vegeta got stomped by 18. They escaped, the Androids went looking for Goku while every one was recouping and training then everyone came back for Cell he got his power up. Beat the poo poo out of everyone then allowed for them to recoup and come back for the Cell games.

Saiyan arc they defeated Radditz then had a grace period to train and the anime show Ed Vegeta coming to earth aand going to planets.

Anytime the main villains are painted as serious threats IE Goku or Vegeta get hurt and the other one doesn't say "Hey you are messing around too much" there's always a time where the good guys lose have to recoup and then train and get stronger

Dexo fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 4, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mogomra posted:

Can we talk about how absurd and hilarious this episode was? I was talking to my brother about it, and he didn't seem to get it.

The best filler episode from any Dragon Ball ever.

It's not filler though?

100% canon baby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

In Japan it was One Piece and then every thing else.

In the West it was Naruto and everything else. I dunno about them in Europe and other Asian countries.

For Dragonball Togashi's stuff was around but it didn't do DB numbers.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 17, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

New Super Manga

http://mangastream.com/r/dragon_ball_super/016/3693/1

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gohan's moment going to be all the sweeter when he gets the poo poo kicked out of him and then Pan blows up and beats the poo poo out of whoever beat him up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I like that Goku did realize that hey, Don't actually invite Gohan to this fighting event or get Gohan involved. He has a family and kid now. And likes just doing his studies. Let him be himself.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

18 loving around with Future Trunks justifies her personality

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rodyle posted:

The Black would teleport behind him and Goku would teleport behind him ad infinitum

God I love Buso Renkin so goddamn much.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Couldn't get rid of the Kill Goku code.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I love how the one series constant is that Half Saiyans are superior to full blooded ones like full stop. they just don't have the same desire to fight as their full blooded parents.

Trunks is on SSB level, without half the training and bullshit that Vegeta and Goku had to do.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kai's are dumb and are always wrong/underestimate mortals this is literally the plot of this arc.

Genki Dama Sword loving owned. Animation and sense of speed and power owned.

Everything owned.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Remember there will be a universal tournament.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Negotiations with Toei were probably a bitch

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Apperantly it's acceptable even now so gently caress it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Future Trunks was cool because he would randomly bust out Gohan or Vegeta's moves and that's cool.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What's Trunks' hand thing before he shoots Frieza called?

Burning Attack IIRC

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

eonwe posted:

the real question is when will they implement the main character in Xenoverse 2, Jorts. He is Trunks' non canonical brother and I'd really like to see him. He saved the timelines and studied under Frieza and Piccolo for his signature moves.

Does he Never Give Up?

His Motto Hustle Loyalty and Respect?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq5qozUYAsE

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gohan is a good dad unlike his own father.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

deadly_pudding posted:

I can't wait for Majin Vegeta to do "Thwartin my plans?" like 2 years from now. That's probably my favorite callback from DBZA.

Goten going SSJ while fighting with Chichi is going to be amaaaaaazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Maybe seeing Future Trunks again makes Bulma and Vegeta wanna have another kid lol

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 1, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

I thought BoG took place 4 years after the Buu saga.

Reconned in super to like months.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also kinda unfair to Blame a VA when like everything you brought up seems to be related to a script or direction.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yeah while I think people overrate the Abridged crew when comparing them to the real cast. DBZ Abridged is still fun and good most of the time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oh hey.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/806574866786877440

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/806577385814552577

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Some of these Kai voice casting details look a bit.. suspicious..

They likely won't but would be pretty awesome if they used the Abridged voices for those.

Or hell maybe they are and want it to be a surprise which is why they didn't put the real names.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

What if this time we don't take the bait and have a uselessly long debate about dub voices vs original voices that goes nowhere?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait are they really doing both at the same time?

Sounds like Super's gonna actually air before Buu Kai.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I would at least watch the universal tournament.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

There are literally no rules in any sports league about anything involving super powers.

I mean the second anyone actually obtains superpowers and dominates the league(anyone who could fly would break 2.5 of the 4 major sports leagues ) rules would be implemented. but poo poo if they never implement rules to stop it it's just a dude who can put a ton of loving spin on the ball to cause a late direction change.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

And then they all die to the Androids since cool Yamcha probably gets Bulma. And thus no Trunks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Gruckles posted:

The androids and Cell aren't really an issue if he has the foresight to take care of Gero at anytime beforehand.

Touche?

Buu then?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

18 in mom tracksuit is :allears:

Edit: Also are they going on some sort of space adventure.. a grand tour if you would?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Dec 14, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Pyroi posted:

It's actually a space vacation gone wrong

Chi-chi, Bulma, and Videl are just relaxing at the Capsule Corp Orbital Vacation Zone, while everyone else got lost and ended up in Universe 3.

Does this planet in Universe 3 have any parks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I vehemently disagree with them on Zamasu.

• Locked thread