Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wrap me in your powerful arms, goku-senpai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

So I've been watching more of GT and it's really awful with letting no one other than Goku do anything of importance.

So, much like the real show

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fionordequester posted:

Just so you guys know, whenever you talk about "Bruce Faulconer's soundtrack", you really should be calling it "Team Faulconer's soundtrack" instead. Bruce Faulconer himself was a dishonest taskmaster who only composed a small fraction of the actual score, and had three young guys called Mike Smith, Julius Dobos, and Scott Morgan compose most of the score. After that, he just left their names off the credits, claiming that HE was the only one to compose any tracks for the series.

Need citations? Well then, here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_sXOquzxps

The rad citation of a YouTube vid

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Goku never had a rad theme is why

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

At last...the sleeper has awakened....

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Covok posted:

Isn't that a bit groady?

Fusion isn't sexual you sadbrain

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

:allears: Good to see that is where your brain goes to first.

*looks at this post through my scouter* AIDS

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes, cell was holding back against goku. Goku could not have beaten perfect cell

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The point of the fight was so that gohan could see cell's fighting style and get a feel for cell's power. Remember all those conversations where gohan is convinced that goku is holding back because he's comparing gokus power to his own.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The goku part of cell makes him him hold back for a better fight

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

New Leaf posted:

I think my biggest problem with the Cell thing is that he wasn't any more intimidating than Frieza, and Gohan didn't hold back then - plus he'd had a lot more combat experience by the time they got to Cell. It just didn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yes he did, gohan held back except when he was really mad

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What got ss2 going was him being told that it's ok to get mad and stay mad

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kild posted:

He didn't hold back there. He got scared.

He got scared, and therefore held back

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Infections can gently caress you up

Mogomra posted:

IRL, strep throat can seriously gently caress your heart up.
:goonsay:

That's bacterial but yeah.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You should use this tag

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

It's what Blob wanted so take it up with him.

I can't believe you care about the op more than me, namtab

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mogomra posted:

Do you think our grandchildren's children with study the works of Akira Toriyama in a scholarly manner, and ponder the implications of being able to punch mans as hard as Goku?

Hopefully

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's filler

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Although I'm not going to dismiss filler that doesn't contradict the mang as non-canon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kild posted:

Goku regained his body on his own and took out Ginyu. He wasn't really rescued.
Goku says he could have beat Buu but because he wasted time letting Vegeta get his licks in / have a go at it he couldn't anymore and had to rely on the Spirit Bomb.

You're misremembering. What goku said was that he could have beaten fat buu but he wanted the kids to do it instead. Against kid buu he couldn't maintain ss3 so they had to go with the spirit bomb instead

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kild posted:

http://www.mangapanda.com/dragon-ball/511/13

It was Vegeta who said it not Goku. Woops.

e:

Yeah but then goku can't power up because he's not used to the transformation when he's alive.

Vegeta is saying that goku should be capable of beating kid buu at full power which is possible and matches what I said goku said about his fight with fat buu (kid buu beats up fat buu but is weaker than super buu, btw). Goku replies that he wasted too much time when they were vegito

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm remembering anime filler, but

Namtab posted:

I'm not going to dismiss filler that doesn't contradict the mang as non-canon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Hahaha, what? Does he mean this in a hypothetical "if I had more time as SSJ3" or just "if I wanted to"? Because if it's the latter that has to be one of the dumbest things Goku has done and directly resulted in Buu killing almost all his loved ones + the human race in the interim.

He basically felt that people shouldn't be relying on a dead man to save the world, but that the next generation should be trained to do it instead. It basically would have worked if super buu hadn't become a thing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Amorphous Blob posted:

uub has 18 votes thats how bad gt did

You should have put pan (gohans daughter) in the poll

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Everything is dragged out way for too long and the animation is subpar.

And before you say that that was how it was in the DBZ anime too, yes, I know it was. I don't think the DBZ anime is worth watching either.

I don't think your posts are worth reading

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Edit: First ever double post.. that was weird.

Double post?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

hosed up!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Mr Satan meme

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gt is good, hype, epic

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rirse posted:

Is there a reason why Team Four Star keeps wasting their time doing the unfunny Final Fantasy VII Abridged over Dragon Ball Z?

I'm guessing that people find it funny, and that's ok

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Enourmo posted:

That stretches the definition of "fan film" just a bit, having the original actor and all.

read the description it's a "fan fiction"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Comments re: the film

1.) Trunks going super saiyan was hilarious
2.) What was cell's motivation
3.) Tall vegeta with chest hair

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

Cell stops being anything resembling scary when he talks and he sounds like he's been smoking 30 packs and in Japanese when Wakamoto's voice comes out of his mouth. His actions also stop being monstrous when he finds 17 because at that point he's single-minded. Then he gains a sense of humor and sportsmanship and you cannot consider him scary at all anymore.

The Android 19 and 20 stuff would be p dark if Yamcha's severe wasn't fixed by the magical bean and both of them weren't huge dorks. The Trunks past stuff is genuinely tragic and dark tho.

big authentic anime lad

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've decided that that is now what baal stands for, and it was not a comment on your post which I agree with unironically

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

more like bad rear end in a top hat anime loser

Baal posted:

Suck my dick, batman

Hmmmmmmm.......

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Squall posted:

Yeah, but the Earth dragon was remade to give two wishes, not three

This. They had to compromise on the wishes to keep the power to bring everyone back at once. Toriyama would later forget this compromise when the namekian dragon gets to bring everyone back and have three wishes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Momomo posted:

I'm not even sure what gender Puar is, I sure as hell don't remember them fighting.

Male

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Typical goon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Puar

Race
Animal Type Earthling[1] (possibly some type of cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

There are grown rear end people in this thread that are upset about Dragonball Super, who aren't much different than these people.

• Locked thread