Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Well I mean, you can already get the fusion undone, just tell Buu to absorb you and voila.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Ytlaya posted:

Vegeta is literally a better dad than Goku, based on the fact we've seen him take Trunks out to the park at least once, while we have never seen Goku take Gohan to the park. We've also seen him be enraged by Trunks getting seriously injured/hurt, while Goku is just like "oh nooo Gohan" when something bad happens to him. Also, Goku has always weirded me out; he has dead eyes and is always cheerful, like some bizarre kung-fu clown. It worked when he was a child, but it's really off-putting when he's an adult.

That being said, Piccolo is the best dad (and person) in the series. What a stand-up guy. He's the only one that seems to genuinely care about his "son" and is never an rear end in a top hat/tsundere (like Vegeta) to him for no reason.

Goku took Gohan fishing before the Cell Games.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I like the tune that plays during the episode title in Faulconer's score, but in general the original soundtrack is way better. I tried to actually watch an episode with Faulconer's soundtrack and it was painful. Shut the gently caress up, music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1p713CTz0Q

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Freakazoid_ posted:

Last I checked, Faulconer did not plagiarize any of his score :smug:

I guess that's why it sucks.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Did they ever bring the moon back again? Poor moon.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
You'd think Videl would have taught the poor man how to fly.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

RBX posted:

Because it's made in Japan?? America is slow

yeah but it was made like 3 years ago

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also I really like that Super fixed the errors with the Dragon Balls in both BoG and now. It justifies only one wish in the BoG part by having Shenlong run the gently caress away from Beerus, and here he correctly gives three wishes, even stating how the wishes work. And Mai got ice cream, which is always a good wish. And the best ice cream is, logically, the best wish. Good for you, Mai.

Yeah, but the Earth dragon was remade to give two wishes, not three, so the movie was correct in that unless they decided to change it off-screen. Still, good for Mai, I hope that ice cream is satisfying.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Mr Interweb posted:

Well, now that the Beerus fight's over, I'd like to comment on it.

I have to say, I didn't like it very much, no siree. It was arguably the worst fight dealing with a major antagonist in the entire series. The fight just kept dragging on and on and on, with Goku constantly looking like he got defeated, only to return again with some burst of new power.

Now I know what you're thinking. To complain about such a thing in Dragonball is like complaining that it's cold in Antarctica. But there is in fact a difference in how this battle was handled over the way previous major battles were. For example, take the Freezer fight (from the series, not the stupid movie). It's true that that fight (like every fricken fight in DBZ) took 50 -100 episodes to finish, but here's the thing. Over the course of the fight, Goku goes from base form > KaiokenX10 > Kaioken X20 > Spirit Bomb > Super Saiyan. In other words, there was a natural, reasonable progression in strength throughout the battle. We all knew and understood why Goku was getting progressively stronger with each new attack.

Conversely, there's nothing like that at all during the Goku x Beerus fight. The most you could say is that Goku was still learning how to use his god powers, which is fine, EXCEPT that such an excuse works once or twice. But this repeated for at least five different occasions. Each one being just like the last. Beerus overwhelms Goku, provides what appears to be a finishing blow, Goku looks like he's about to die, suddenly remembers he can't let his family and friends down, suddenly gets this upsurge of power, Beerus gets a surprised look on his face, and then all this poo poo repeats four more times. It was just so poorly plotted and directed. Makes me glad it finally finished.

While I agree that they went back to the "Goku is defeated, wait, not yet" powerups vs. Beerus in Super, that Freeza fight is utterly ridiculous. After Goku finally went Super Saiyan (the end of your progression) until the time that Freeza is defeated and Goku goes into full escape mode is an entire 10 episodes. Yes, there are 2 Dragon Ball wishes in there too, but still.

I guess it depends on how you quantify "worst" but even if you think it is the worst, at least it is short, comparatively.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
They are retelling two entire movies. This is Dragon Ball. Did you really think they'd move through them that quickly?

They've done BoG and the start of RoF, plus several episodes that weren't from either of those in the same time as a single DBZ fight. All things considered, they are making pretty decent time.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Less of a false equivalence and more of a "what the gently caress did you actually expect."

Dragon Ball has never moved particularly fast through poo poo, what the gently caress made you expect them to move fast in Super?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Mr. Satan is the only human that was born before the end of Buu that didn't die. Truly a hero.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Kuririn is a pussy rear end piece of poo poo and they should have pwned the frieza soldiers in 2 minutes tops. gently caress off Toei

They certainly could have done that, but then they are left with Freeza and :rip:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Baal posted:

17 also fucks off to become a forest ranger, he is not friends with them

Yeah, but he helps Goku by pointing his gun at a dude. Definitely what an ally would do.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I'd watch the English dub but it literally does not exist so

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Krillin stole that rock from Goku and made him go hungry that night. Karma came to bite him on the rear end for it, but still :mad:

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Augus posted:

What's the deal with an English release for DBKai Buu Saga anyway? I remember them saying that it was gonna get an English release first, but it's now MIA while the Japanese version is done already.

On a released note, did Funimation ever release an "English dub, Japanese music" version of the original DBZ?

I'm definitely not asking these questions for Vegito-related reasons, no sir.

I'm pretty sure any of their recent DVD/Blu-ray releases of DBZ is tri-audio, with Japanese, English w/ dub music, and English w/ Japanese music. Their version of the Dragon Box releases just had Japanese and English w/ Japanese music.

Kai Buu is interesting, because it was originally produced for international release and wasn't going to air in Japan at all. Then it didn't get released in English at all and eventually aired in Japan (with additional cuts to shorten the episode count further). I think one of the reasons Funimation might have held off was for their dumb cropped DBZ Blu-ray releases.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I thought the Arale episode was okay.

That episode loving owned, holy poo poo.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Kild posted:

he still nimbuses to Vegeta though. Although you could say it was energy saving but he also knew it was time crunched so I doubt he wouldn't have flown if it was faster.

Yeah, but he also just traveled back through Snake Way really quickly which has to be tiring.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Go..ku?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Petiso posted:

This episode was surprisingly well animated, the Goku VS Great Saiyaman spar and the old villains were a delight to see. All it was missing was a giant General Blue, since he also kicked Krillin's rear end pretty good. Weird they included Scouter Vegeta, they are obviously illusions but if not for him Goku and Krillin might suspect they're actual dead villains brought back by Baba since they know she can do that and take things more seriously.

Did 18 put on the same clothes after the bath? Yuck.

WHIS GET ME OFF THIS UNIVERSE RIGHT NOW I'M SERIOUS DIMENSIONAL CUB--

I believe she's talking about weakness of spirit more than pure strength, Krillin used to keep up with his training and always showed up to fight even if completely outclassed, recently it seems he got comfortable with this job and family and doesn't even want to have a friendly spar with Goku.

To be fair he had Goku punch him in the face not long ago and look how that ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Lack of Gotenks is the only bad thing in Super.

• Locked thread