Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
As opposed to putting the responsibility on, say, Freeza.

Or Fat Buu, who has the mentality and personality of a child if not the age of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Wow they really went all in on the Broly references.

Also they retroactively made the Princess Trunks joke even funnier.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe they did watch Tom and Jerry together and that's why they now hate each others guts.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pyroi posted:

I can't wait for Caulifla to reach Super Saiyan Rose mid-tournament

I hope she gets a completely new transformation and doesn't quite realize that even Vegeta and Goku have no idea what the gently caress.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Pretend I inserted a picture of a cow here.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Shin is the guy who comes into a middle management position after the department has basically been gutted due to competition with outside parties, has a boss who spends all his time barely working, and has a poorly trained staff who never helps him do the job he was barely trained for in the first place.

Cut the guy some slack.

Well as of Super we know he has at least 11 other universes worth of dudes he could go to for advice.

Oh wait he probably wasn't aware of the multiverse until Elder Kai mentioned it during a shogi game or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if it's meaningful the promo shots are using only DBZ-era stuff.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I can see Hit and/or Goku Black making it into the base game due to their high popularity but otherwise, yeah, light on Super-exclusive stuff. (I guess we count Beerus and Shiny Freeza as DBZ era thanks to the movies?)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

At this point

why not

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well the latest episode just made this discussion funnier.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, and people get to call you out on your reaction being very weird and dumb.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

U7 Saiyans in general just seem to be incredibly bad at teaching people things. None of them ever managed to pass down the technique to go SSJ at will and Cabba was all 'just focus your ki in your back my man'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Kaioken's power multiplier is XDramaticallyAppropriate so no he's still way weaker.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Goku trains for a year with King Kai: goes from Weaker-Than-RaditZ tier to Vegeta tier.

Goku trains for like a week in space: goes from Vegeta tier to 'clowning on entire Ginyu force tier'.

Goku gets beat up and healed once: Goes from 'clowning on Ginyu force' tier to 'matching 33% of Final Form Freeza' tier.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hit notes he needed to pay attention to dodge Frost's attacks so he's likely grown stronger since the tournament.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Aw man. That's.... ugh. :smith:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Bring on Xenoverse 3 and the main plot of fixing Bad Timelines in Super instead of Z.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I am interested in the porcine version of Master Roshi.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Vegeta trash talking and acting arrogant turned him into one of the most popular anime characters of all time.

I wonder what's different here.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I mean Vegeta is also gets owned repeatedly in incredibly humiliating ways

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Honestly no. The movie adaptations are some slow paced poo poo.

The SoL episodes remain great though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I believe after episode 28.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

It's seems weird that, for once, they actually made the strong new opponent swole. Typically it's musclebound mooks like Nappa & the real elite fighter is tiny Vegeta.

His powerup transformation will involve him shrinking until he's literally a Gray.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

No flying sounds like it's going to make the blocking of the fight a giant mess.

Of course in reality everyone except the 3-4 people being focused on per episode are going to disappear the instant the camera isn't on them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ArcSys traditionally haven't done alt costumes for the GGXrd series outside of one storyline exception.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

No more milk crate delivery though.

Ever.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Okay, serious question: Why do people like Gohan as a fighter? His entire combat life has been a long, long series of getting rage powerups that fail to actually accomplish jack poo poo, and the one time he actually seems set to do something with that power he fucks it up so badly his dad has to sacrifice his life to bail him out.

Gohan to nerd and family man is honestly way more compelling IMO.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

People who like debating powerlevels have either dropped the show or weep tears of blood as they watch it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

... along with the majority of the cast.

Of a backwater mudball no one in the universe cares about.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

You fool, earth food is the only thing keeping our planet alive.

Exposing Beerus to stadium food would make him hate us forever. One rancid stadium hot dog or stale pretzel and he destroys everything.

Dude thinks cup ramen is a good enough representative for our universe's food in his and Champa's eternal rivlary slapfight.

He'd love the poo poo out of stale popcorn.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Man I don't want Kale to be so emotionally stunted she goes into a roid rage everytime someone Caulifla so much as acts friendly with someone else.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

If you go by the manga (yeah...) Dabura spitting on the Z-sword and then getting it broken killed the Old Kai so Beerus' doing that as a backup plan failed in any case.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The entire moral of DBS, insofar that there is one, and a theme starting as far back as BoG, is that there are some hurdles you simply can't cross and will never surpass, no matter how hard you try.

So where does everyone keep getting the idea that this is somehow going to end with Goku et al magically gaining enough power to beat up a GoD, never mind the Grand Priest or Zenk

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

What if everyone from U7 just flat out loses. Preferably before they're anywhere near the final rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They also lacked 16 as a tempering element, I guess.

• Locked thread