Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Covok posted:

did Yamcha even think
No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You should post with a figure of Goku next to your keyboard.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

So are you guys gonna want the Goku's hair tag or are we still waiting on the dad tag to get approved here.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Earth's mightiest hero lives on in our hearts.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Dr. Piccolo will temporarily be presiding over this thread until the advent of the dad tag.

Carry on.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The dad tag has been deployed.

Enjoy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's what Blob wanted so take it up with him.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

As Amorphous Blob is now banned, I will be instituting the Hercule tag in commemoration of Earth's mightiest warrior.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You mean episode 60 I am pretty sure since the last released episode is 50.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

$10,000, there were two of them, and it was an understood part of the deal that they wouldn't survive past a single page.
I dunno which is more insane, that he proposed this or that someone accepted.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's Homestuck, the answer is obvious.
It's Homestuck, yeah, but it's also $10,000 for the equivalent of a few seconds of screentime.

I've heard of people having more money than sense but this feels like raising (or rather lowering) the bar even among that exclusive, elite group of wealthy idiots.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've probably missed the bus on this discussion, but individual frames are a poor standard for measuring quality since a lot of framework is deliberately "Bad" or "Weird" because they're going for a particular effect like a character snapping dramatically from one position into another one, or moving very quickly. What matters is how it looks in motion.

I haven't seen Dragon Ball Super, and I'm aware that most Japanese animation doesn't quite run into this problem since there's a stronger reliance (in general) on talking stills and limited animation due to budgeting, it's just something that always irks me a bit when someone posts a "Wacky" frame and asks what the animators were thinking. If you didn't notice a problem while it was in motion, then there wasn't a problem.

By contrast, of course, if you did notice it then yes, there may be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, like I said, I don't imagine it's super relevant in this particular case, but I'll often see people screencapping wonky frames that are wonky on purpose as part of a larger sequence going "Ha ha what do these guys do all day."

Just an old irritation resurfacing. My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, it was just tangentially related. Carry on.

• Locked thread