Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New Abridged episode was sort of weak. Why the thread change though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I broke completely at the Revenge of the Sith bit and even more at the sound card drivers, and I'm not even halfway there, loving a

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh god I thought it was just the Vegeta one this is great

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wanna know how Chichi spent all their Hercule Funbucks so fast.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Vegeta is the coolest

I put him JUST behind Piccolo personally, but he is very cool.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Making Gohan into a huge loser basically

He always was a huge loser

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What song is that before PC starts doing his thing, it's driving me crazy. I think it's from an RPG?

Also god drat was that worth the FF7 suffering

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You know who's cooler than Gohan?

Everyone.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean I was getting used to Nozawa somehow but King Kai, WOOF

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I am late but will comment on the vampire abridging anyway.

I think the Papal Knights scene went on too long and could have stood to cut maybe a minute off Maxwell's speech and maybe a group of knights (I would cut the SA but that left my Canadian buddy in tears so). That said I think the idea of Maxwell revolting against Francis is hilarious, that scareshot of Ecce Homo was great, and yes I am the one who laughed at the Jewish Knight.

Hellsing is weird for me because I feel like it is always either perfect or terrible and that can switch within the same scene.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Actually thinking about it I wouldn't cut any of them, the buildup with them each chiming in justified all of them.

I would definitely cut the KKK's intro in half though, too long, too on the nose.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh my god that Canadian DBZA

E: it totally is that guy playing the SA Knight btw

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 3, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Cell good episode bad

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I totally forgot the saibioman and the goon squad were even a thing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't say this enough, but I really love abridged Roshi and Turtle.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 8, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

chaaaamp
I'M SO EXCITED

AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rewatched a bunch of Abridged today, sort of curious, what're everyone's favorite abridged fights?

I think mine is 18 vs Vegeta. After that it's probably Goku vs Freeza and the Piccolo vs Imperfect fights.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Takahata is in Xenoverse with his Abridged Nappa voice

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My first experience with DB of any variety was Curse of the Blood Rubies at Blockbuster.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm looking forward to Abridged Bojack because A: we get dumb pirate impressions and B: it's the last of the movies, to my memory, which holds together even remotely, after that it's borderline gibberish like the Broly sequels and Hirudegarn and I want to see what they do with THOSE.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Come to think of it, maybe they'll actually just edit Bio-Broly movie into the Android 18 Show Starring Android 18 (I can dream).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Fusion Reborn?

Completely forgot about it, you've got me there.

I know it's popular in these parts but I barely recall anything about it except what Janemba is, Gogeta, and Pikon showing up.

Man I hope they do Otherworld Tournament. It's filler yeah, but it's the right kind of stupid.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

dogs named Charlie posted:

Uub and probably Bra aren't canon anymore and that actually sucks.

Uub is canon because he's in DBZ.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So
https://one-piece.com/news/detail/20160912_4507

Apparently they're adding CROSS GAME multiplayer to these 3DS DBZ and One Piece games. As in, if you have the DBZ one you can fight someone else with their One Piece game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Apparently, yes.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I tend to let One Piece stack up and read it in chunks these days but iirc they actually did recently establish that there actually totally IS a map to get there. Or rather, 4 things you can use to plot out the location.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh I don't disagree, there's no reason a story needs to be that long.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Every major release delayed out of October is another worrying step towards my buying Xenoverse 2 and making another Saiyan 18.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

It's good to buy Xenoverse 2: Even More Xenos, Rodyle.

I didn't even like X1!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Monaghan posted:

I tried X1 but I just found the combat frustrating and boring.

It feels bad, the grind is nightmarish, and it lacks in characters and features.

I want to be able to be Great Ape or any level of SS, and if I make a Freeza I should be able to go 1, 2, 3, 4, Cooler, or Golden

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just want the Saiyan armor and a scouter. That's it, I don't really need anything else, bar maybe Bardock's bandana. Just let me have it game, instead of making my Fist Lady run around in Kid Chichi's clothes for a precious few extra points of punching.

Also balance be damned, just let me have what moves I want, or AT LEAST just let me buy them or something, don't do this awful grind+trainer nightmare poo poo aaaaaaaah

I bought that game thinking it was just a new Tenkaichi-like and BOY IS THAT NOT THE CASE.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Drowning Rabbit posted:

What major release was pushed back? The only major release in October IS Xenoverse 2. :axe:

both FFXV and Last Guardian were supposed to come out in October and they've been shoved back

now I stand on the edge, infinitely approaching the siren call of Bardock's Bandana

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh right

either way, now nothing stands between me and Loving That Goku

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Red Ribbon Army is great what're you on? Muscle Tower in particular is p. fantastic. Goku fights the Terminator and makes friends with Frankenstein.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My favorite part about Beerus is all of the absurdly self confident characters like Vegeta and Freeza who were reconned into being terrified of him.

Golden Freeza making GBS threads himself mid-fight when he realizes he might have disrupted Catman's tea time was a great part of RoF.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Funi dub is way better than Ocean ever was.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

The Funi dub was just bad impressions of the Ocean dub. Maybe it got better over time, but then I switched to Japanese and never looked back.

the sweet, soothing sound of the same grandma voicing an entire male line

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rutibex posted:

DBZ Abridged is the definitive dub.

Yeaaaaah, kinda.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's a reason why Kaiser has said they might one day just straight up redo season 1 (though it would require project time they don't really have).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

She was fine as kid goku. She should have been dropped the moment Piccolo JR started. I will never understand the insane Japanese casting notion that a person has a character reserved for them forever, much less whatever combination of drugs and alcohol on the casting director's part that also lands her the entire family tree.

e: like okay, MAYBE she can stay on as Kid Gohan and Goten and someone else replaces her as Goku/Teen Gohan but even that's kind of insane

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 18, 2016

• Locked thread