Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is that SSJ3 Future Trunks? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm surprised they haven't gotten to Broly 1 yet, that movie was boring as sin.

Why did Broly get three movies? Dude is about as interesting as a rake.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kuroyama posted:

At this point, the joke is that TFS haven't yet done Broly.

Oh, I mean on the list. They did the other two Broly movies but haven't done the first one. I'm surprised it's not lower on the list than Cooler 2 and Super Android 13, which seem more watchable and less boring than Broly 1.

Fake edit: Speak of the devil!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SirDrone posted:

Counterpoint: Broly was pretty metal in the first film when he talked, in-fact it's strange how by the time of the 2nd film he can't even speak anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk9xdV4ubgQ

Is that dub-added dialogue? Looks like it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh, I didn't think he was a joke in Resurrection F. There's worse fates than getting worfed by Freeza and he did well for himself until then, going out of his way not to kill anybody, successfully.

Bloodly posted:

Possibly not: judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHN0h9y2Ug

14:02

The thing that is forgotten about the fucker is that he's described by his father as 'a perfect saiyan' in terms of outlook-which means he's an utter bastard, just like Vegeta and Nappa were.

Okay, fair enough. And yeah, I guess Broly is a little more metal than I give him credit for in the first one.

Although now I'm curious. He curbstomps post-time chamber Goku, Trunks and Gohan, who all...sorta held their own against Perfect Cell to varying degrees. So is he stronger than Cell or SSJ2 Gohan? (oh god did I just start powerlevels chat forgive me :barf:)

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 10, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mmkay posted:

Uh, Super Perfect Cell was significantly stronger than that, certainly at the level of SSJ2 Gohan, possibly even stronger. He managed to bring Gohan down with a simple ki blast, which was meant for killing Vegeta who was a total non-threat at this point.

Darko's post touched on this better than I can - Gohan wasn't trying to block the attack, he was trying to jump on Vegeta, so Gohan got hosed up by it. Before that, Gohan seemed pretty confident that he could go evenly with Super Perfect Cell.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mmkay posted:

The anime version really skews the relative power of Cell and Gohan in the latter's favour - after Gohan unleashes his energy, it takes like 5 episodes of him walking forward until Cell is killed, and there's the sideplot of the whole B-crew shooting at Cell's back, until Vegeta decides to turn SSJ and join as well. While in the manga, there's a quick shot of Vegeta shooting a useless ki blast at Cell's face (without turning SSJ), who turns attention, Gohan unleashes the Kamehameha and everything's over.

Don't you mean the former's favor? :confused:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I bet money that Resurrection F is #1 or at least top 3.

Anyway, Lord Slug was hype as gently caress because it had Fake Super Saiyan and that was great. The end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I should watch BoG, huh.

• Locked thread