Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Naruto is interesting in that while DB forgets women are a thing, Naruto actively sets up them doing a thing then goes lol nope at the last minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

the way naruto handles sakura is pretty different from how dbz handles its characters. even chichi is a better, more dignified character than sakura. at least her husband likes her

Hey her husband likes her! He is just insanely abusive.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I like the ninja war but yeah once Madara enters the scene it becomes look how cool and smart Madara is. And they fight and job to him for a long time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Covok posted:

Not to be that guy but it's amazing how much it would have fixed two character arcs if Naruto got with Sakura. No more Sakura marrying the man who cut through her and never sees her and Hinata would not have become a housewife. Also, Sausake ends up alone which is more appropriate and frankly he deserves it.

Hinata would have turned into a house wife anyway because they all do eventually.

Something Naruto and DBZ have in common.

Hell Sakura is a housewife despite being the only person there.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 14, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait how does Hinata have no arc but Sakura does? Hinata was the only girl who not only got an arc, quality aside, and they occasionally let her actually do things.

Which is more than you can say for tenten, Ino, or Sakura.

Edit: though Sakura does get a weird amount of hate which I don't understand.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 14, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What is your definition of an arc.
Because nothing you describe there is an arc

Though those are obviously you viewing those events in an insanely tilted point of view, which is weird but I guess a little more understandable .

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 14, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's real loving lame that like 5 times in the final arc Sakura gets a moment to go "I've grown and now no longer need to just look at their backs" only to end the next chapter or even the same chapter looking at Naruto and Sasuke as they go off to be competent while she does nothing and accomplishes jack.

That happens a lot to Sakura, they tease like she is gonna do a thing then she just doesn't.

It's the weirdest loving thing. Hell I would be fine if she jobbed because at least it's doing something.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sakura issues were pretty consistent outside of like 10 minutes right before the Itachi fight.
or maybe it was right after I dunno that time period felt like filler for all it accomplished. Especially the period after the Itachi fight were Sasuke kind of lost all momentum as he clearly didn't want to go through with making him a full on villain.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Caros posted:

Someone claims that people dislike Caulifla based on gender, and people respond with multiple variations of "No, we dislike her because the way she is gaining power boosts to put her on par with the main cast is lazy and cheapens their accomplishments"

I'm sure you could find actual examples of people being misogynistic as gently caress because, you know, reddit. But I'm not sure what exactly you thought you were proving here.

Fans must loving hate Dragonball if that makes them mad, because the series is built on that.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Just in case you are wondering they don't actually care about that, sorry for the spoilers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Power levels aren't a thing of the 90s. They are a shonen standard the will stay with the genre until death

• Locked thread