Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Piccolo has his Jojo posing down. Step it up Goku. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

i ate a ham sandwich, some olives+feta cheese, and some greek yohgurt. a lunch on a level beyond your pathetic lunches.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Covok posted:

Anyone ever notice the DBZ fandom has a strange love for the movie villians despite them often being flimsy copies of main series villians?

It's not strange. They have cool as gently caress character designs.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

New Leaf posted:

To be fair, though, as much as I love him, what was Krillin ever going to do against Brolly?

Cut him in half with his Distructo Disk.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Broly has the most idiotic reason to hate goku. Even when I was a twelve year old I knew it was stupid that he hated goku because goku cried a bunch when he was a baby.

I thought it was just an aspect of his general insanity, and really just a trigger to break out of that mind control device his father had. He didn't seem to particularly care about Goku after he broke out.

Then the later movie and video games reduced Broly's vocabulary to "KAKAROT" and "AAAAUUUGHHHH", so there goes that. :eng99:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Covok posted:

I am strangely inclined to agree since they must know about it at this point and it would take only one letter to end it.

OR they are afraid one letter wouldn't be enough and aren't willing to go to court over this.

Lot's of Funimation people love DBZA, and while they can't officially endorse it, they can turn a blind eye. Toei either doesn't know or doesn't care as long as they indirectly get sales.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Bruce Falcouner score beats out everything in the original except Unmei no Hi, though I agree that the music placement is bad.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh. Well anyway, Budokai 2's variety of new forms and methods were good. Super Buu could absorb like 8 people, Tien and Yamcha could fuse, as could Goku and Hercule. High five Budokai 2.

Too bad Budokai 2's story mode wasn't that great, and smaller characters could hitbox scam the gently caress out of bigger ones.

Budokai 3 4 lyfe

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

When I was a kid I just came up with more and more nonsensical Super Saiyan forms. I think I got to SSJ 15 before I gave up.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The strongest Super Saiyan transformation is the one that makes you bald.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Caros posted:

This has been bothering me for a while, why does he get shorter? Trunks is noticeably taller when he comes out of the hypersonic lion tamer because of a year worth of ageing, but he shrinks back to (and adopts the old hairstyle of) pre-crying chamber when he shows up in heroes and xenoverse.

Probably just toriyama being himself (Vegeta's height increase and shrinking hair), but I can't be the only person who sees it.

He doesn't wear that coat well.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Somebody edit this to make it look like Vegeta's flipping the bird.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I lost it at the Archer finger gag.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Wasn't the voice of Future Gohan in the trunk's movie a special guest?

They probably couldn't get him back for whatever reason, and just had Masako do a couple lines for Adult Gohan.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

jivjov posted:

Working on this week's Super...and I'm really not liking Chi-chi's gimmick much any more...I could tolerate her screeching about how Gohan needs to be a scholar instead of a fighter back in Z because that was her kid...and I can even deal with her harping on Goku, since, yeah, apparently he's supposed to be the breadwinner for the family...but her showing up and trying to parent Pan for Gohan just makes me not like the character. Its supposed to be all a big joke "ha ha Chi-chi doesn't like people being professional fighters"...but its just not funny.

EDIT: Wow...it gets even worse! Seriously, she's going to more or less kidnap Pan because she doesn't like Gohan's parenting style.

The "joke" behind Chi-Chi is that she's an overly-controlling tiger mom. That's one thing that's been consistent since the beginning of Z.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kaiserneko mentioned doing World's Strongest Abridged, but that was like a year ago so who the gently caress knows now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kild posted:

She just got like a billion dollars and blew it all on baby stuff feeding 3 Saiyans. No wonder they don't got any money.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Its probably mostly lies she tells so Goku can become a productive member of society and live with them instead of loving off to space for training at months at a time and visiting whenever he feels like eating her food.

It's probably this more likely. Chi-Chi doesn't really care about money so much as the image of having a traditional bring-home-the-bacon man as a husband. Similar reasons why she pushed Gohan to be a scholar so much.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

This is all leading to a confrontation with the Greatest of all Gods: Everclear.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

Remember that when you die in DBZ world, your soul is purified so you can be reincarnated. That's what Janemba was created from. All the bad poo poo they washed from the trillions of souls in history. So Vegeta came back "purified" after Buu.

Where was this stated? Also Janemba is non-canon.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

That means Vegeta gets like 5-10 years tops before he gets relegated to the C-list and some other former villian takes his place.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I can see why people think DBZ is darker than it really is. For a lot of kids it was the most violent thing they had seen on tv and that was awesome, and continued to watch it because of that. So when people see Super being goofy it clashes with the rose-tinted image they had in their minds.

Also, anime fans have terrible taste.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Do we know anything about Beerus's ringer? I hope it's Super Janemba.

Watch it be Arale.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I dunno which is more insane, that he proposed this or that someone accepted.

It's Homestuck, the answer is obvious.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Saiyans were unique because they were the only race in the galaxy that were naturally super strong. Everybody else at or above your average Saiyan was either a freak of nature or a literal god. And they were rapidly getting stronger, to the point where Super Saiyans popping up all over the place was probably inevitable.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's like being mad they introduced a new super Saiyan.

If the Android saga originally aired now people in this thread would 100% be doing this.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

sharktamer posted:

How could Mr Satan call Gohan skinny when he's ripped to poo poo? I guess he means relative to dragonball since everyone is I suppose.

He's still lean but lost his gains. Truly a tragedy but it could be worse.

Just wait, in 10 years we'll get Beergut Gohan.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Baal posted:

They do one movie a year and we'll probably be near the end of the Cell Saga by the time the next movie rolls around.

They did both History of Trunks and Android 13 this year. They just do movies roughly around the time they can be inserted into canon.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

reignofevil posted:

I have recently started to want to see a world where Vegeta becomes stronger than Goku and so he re-dedicates his life to being smarter than Gohan.

"I'm going to DEFEAT YOU!... Kakarot's.... Son."

Now I'm imagining Vegeta studying furiously for a GED, then studying even more furiously in college to beat Gohan at getting a doctorate.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Darko posted:

Movie characters are more stupidly powerful than show characters (shooting kamehamehas that are like hundreds of times faster than light and go through and punch through the sun in a few seconds, fighting in IT, [b[]villains simply ignoring full power kamehamehas to the face[/b]), so it's kind of pointless to gauge movie characters to points in the show.

That was the coolest scene in Cooler 1 and you know it. :colbert:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

Personally, I don't see why metal Cooler is so poo poo upon. The animation is bad but kids rarely notice that stuff, and the Vegeta/Goku metal Cooler fight has some of the best fight choreography in the entire series.

I didn't like Return of Cooler because it never had a metal version of Cooler's rad final form.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I hope that robot is actually Robo, just for the implication that Chrono Trigger is officially in the same multi-verse as Dragonball.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Champa's Universe is the Video Game Universe and just pulled out some Xenoverse CaCs, Robo, and a weird Chinese knock-off Winnie the Pooh.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

bobjr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKTjh_ykQY

I must admit I never saw this coming.

Porunga ripped them off by giving them an econobox sedan. What a dick.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think that's possible. You need two people with similar enough power levels to fuse.

Then again, you also need two people with similar heights and that sure as hell didn't stop Goku and Vegeta.

That's normal fusion. Potara fusion doesn't give a poo poo.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Onmi posted:

To be quite honest I've been fine with FF7 and the Season Finale was really good for that in my books.

Yeah, FF7 Abridged is actually quite good after the first couple episodes. Kind of like DBZA was.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Raxivace posted:

The truth is that Kakarot hates his family and stays away from them for years at a time when a good excuse pops up.

Obviously Kakarot is an evil man secretly plotting the destruction of Earth. Anyone else notice that lately he's been hanging out with Vegeta, the Prince of All Saiyans, who has been historically known to try and destroy our pure and blue world the Earth? What could these filthy monkeys be planning...

Freeza soldier spotted.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

WickedHate posted:

The fusion would just have Radditz's hair.

Better, he would have Nappa's moustache and a giant skullet for the peak Creepy Uncle vibe.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Gildiss posted:

But Japan will sink into the ocean if any character related to Goku doesn't have her voice.

Does it mean the end of Dragonball when she dies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Kaiser's answered this question multiple times at cons, they're open to doing the Buu saga but they aren't committing to anything because who knows what they're lives will be like 3+ years down the line.

tsob posted:

I wasn't even aware they make money from it. I would of thought they wouldn't be able to given the fact they're using someone else's product and all. Ad-revenue or something I assume?

Patreon, and TFS is in a legal gray area where they exist because they bring in tons of revenue so Funimation and Toei turn a blind eye to them.

• Locked thread