Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Those specials are really the only time story actually happens. Most of the time it's fights with a little plot sprinkled in.

See also: Dragon Ball Z

Not to imply that Z isn't way better than Multiverse. Just sayin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

tsob posted:

Looks like SSJ3 for a Frost alien. I thought his previous transformation was ugly with all the unnecessary spikes and huge shoulder pads, but this is even worse. It's not official though, so who cares I guess.

Edit: He may still have a third that's lolpowerful but more svelte like Frieza I guess.

Nah, he made a point of powering up before he touched the ring so that Bra couldn't realize the mistake she'd made and punch him before he could finish transforming. He's touching the ring now, so he's probably done.

I would have preferred he go Gold, but he's also GIANT now, which could be interesting on its own.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

Gold isn't "canon" because it was anime only. :rolleyes:

Is that something the Authors said? I assumed they were okay with BoG, Beerus and Whis had a quick cameo recently.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

loving FINALLY GEEZE

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Augus posted:

The Soul Society arc is legitimately awesome and is a good example of battle shounen at its best.
After that everything is bad and Bleach is bad.

He just makes too loving many characters and forgets about some and feels obligated to give others consistent screen time even though they were never that deep and it just makes everything go on and on and on and on and on

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Covok posted:

If the editor just went "okay, you only get to focus on 5 protagonists and 5 villains per arc," Bleach would be a lot, a lot better.

Right? Like, I never really hated anyone in Bleach - aside from Aizen, but I also loved him because he was such an unrepentant, God-moding piece of poo poo -but there were just too loving many of them for anyone, least of all their author, to keep track of or get too attached to. Look how much longer the final battle with Aizen and pals needed to be just because literally every 2nd and half the 3rd string goodies AND baddies needed their moment in the sun. To bring this back to DBZ, we joke about Goku always saving the day, and that gets dull, sure, but at least it keeps things relatively focused and gets us really invested in Goku (or else we stop watching, but eh).

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rhonne posted:

How much of that was the "5 minutes" it took for Namak to explode?

5 minutes. Obviously

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eh. Wasn't TFS' strongest, but it was okay. Wheelo being utterly confused and appalled at what what's-his-face was up to while Wheelo was dead was a good gag. Also enjoyed how Roshi was played and the Saibiomen hitting Yamcha.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 7, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

So THAT's where Gohan's Ultimate powerup went.

Oh my god

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I just like that he got a jacket that actually fits now.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I assume Babadi still showed up on Earth but since he isn't frigging Goku or Vegeta Trunks just bisected him and threw the egg into the sun or something.

Would have had to deal with Dabura first. Strong as Perfect Cell, remember?

...Although, since this is Trunks we're talking about, odds are good he would have trained up a bit and gotten by all right.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

I'm gonna be real uncomfortable if black Goku has a tail...

Oh christ.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

sharktamer posted:

These no fighting episodes are awesome, but I wouldn't really call them slice of life seeing as there's nothing mundane or realistic about any of them.

They're slices of Goku's life.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Law Cheetah posted:

it's releasing 2016, which means they spent/are spending only like a year on development for it. its probably just gonna be xenoverse but polished up a bit

Even aside from what Augus said, "Xenoverse but polished up a bit" could be a really loving awesome game if the polish goes on the right spots.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean Piccolo and Cell and Buu have literally all gone public with their desire to use superpowers to destroy the earth, I'm pretty sure people in DragonBallLand know about super powers by now.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bushmaori posted:

Calling it now: Black Goku was the result of Goku's corpse being dug up and experimented by Gero in the future timeline. After Goku died of heart disease, Gero was all like 'poo poo no revenge I'll do one better and make him into a murder puppet'. Maybe a timelapse thing like Cell, or maybe in this timeline Gero wasn't completed destroyed by the androids, as we never really find out what happened to the 19 and 20 in that timeline (I think).

I like this idea a lot.

Too bad there's no way it happens.

Also, this filler chapter in Multiverse isn't aggressively, Bojack-level bad, but goddamn it's been going for forever and literally nothing has happened.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

As a reminder, this is waiting for everyone when DBM gets back to the main "plot":

I know, it's gonna own so hard. :swoon:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Is that King Cold in Cooler's Super Mode?

No.

He has gone even further beyond.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Testekill posted:

But barely killed anyone because it was a Sunday

Yeah, the town was only filled with cargo.

Too bad the cargo was people.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I'd love if that were true.

Videl is cool and good. Ranfan is not. Theory discredited. QED

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This DBM spinoff chapter has been pretty bad, but I do like the gag they're ending on. "Hey..Vegeta...we cleared out the entire planet. It's ready for sale!" *Panel shows dessicated and ruined hellscape.* "...What the hell is there left to sell?"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Elfgames posted:

well i mean he could have blown up the planet. he didn't know cell could survive that.

Why would Trunks want to blow up his mommy?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rirse posted:

Didn't GT have some random henchman for scientist who created Baby is said to be stronger then Kid Buu?

Yes. Goku then beats him as a normal super saiyan child.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Covok posted:

I don't get the joke.

Is it that she's off model?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What the gently caress is Pilaf even supposed to be? A human? An alien? A Garlic?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

he's just an ethnic minority you bigot.

Look I'm just saying that blue people with pointy ears seem to have a natural inclination to world domination, that's all

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

When Eternal GOKU was losing to DReager1's Bass due to having the power from an character who was able to behave as if they themselves aren’t apart of said fiction, and could completely bypass and defeat any fictional character. Even an omnipotent or Above omnipotent character, this person would disregard all the powers of the omnipotent since they are just fiction.

However.....

Eternal GOKU looked at all the forms in this DBAF Fanon wiki and fuse with all of it

Now.....Goku use this very powerful form to battle The bass in an epic battle in the real life world

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm sorry, I'm still giggling at "Yamcha is too strong!"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Controversial opinion but Videl was never that cool in the first place. :twisted:

I'm not mad

Just disappointed

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eopia posted:

His bodyguard got dunked on by Dabura who was directly stated to be at Cell's level, and what's the point of a bodyguard that's weaker than you?

To be fair, that was kind of a cheap trick - unless you're talking about something other than the stone spit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh, drat, so he did.

Hah, the gods are punks.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

*Super

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The comments' hateboner for Alternate Bra is pretty funny, but this is a little bit of a disappointing ending unless she does something particularly clever to finish Cold off.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not technically cheating by the established rules of the tournament or Cold's bet. But it's definitely cheating in terms of drama. I can deal with it as long as Bra's finisher is cool, though. Hope she doesn't just go "lol zenkai" and beat Cold up.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Petiso posted:

Wow, I expected harsh comments but some people way surpasses my expectations.

But yeah, I agree it'd be boring if that's how she wins, I hope the writer has something up his sleeve. Counting the one she was munching on the ground, aren't those too many senzu beans to eat so quickly? Yajirobe did that once and it wasn't very pleasant for him...

Nah. Earlier chapters established that Vegito, being a hyper-powered god-fusion with a crazy metabolism, wolfs down senzu beans by the fistful. Bra, being a single person but still born from Vegito, doesn't eat quite so many but still needs more than a normal human/saiyan/person/thing.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is like one rule, and it's don't kill. Everything else is fair game.

Nah, you can totally kill - albeit with the knowledge that the deceased get wished back with the Dragonballs when the organizers get around to it. Remember when Bojack snapped Pan's goddamn neck? And Cold was all set to chop Bra into kibbles.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Momomo posted:

It's going to be really disappointing when they just have Goku do it all himself, isn't it.

We're talking about Dragon Ball, right?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I do wonder what Afterlife Goku is doing in the Trunks timeline now. I mean presumably he's chilling with his dead family on King Kai's planet. Making fun of Gohan for sucking so bad.

Uh, I don't think alternate Goku is in any position to brag.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In DBM news, Bra's finisher is looking cool enough that I'll forgive the mild cheating it took to get there. She might be a bit of a mary sue, but Alternate Bra is still a Lady Who Gets To Do Things in (sort of) Dragon Ball, and that's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah whats with her Janemba-ing all over the place?

I think it's some magic she trick picked up from the Kais or Vegito. Looks like she's leaving a statue behind when she warps around, it gets hit and breaks, and the pieces glomp onto Cold and hold him in place for the final blow.

• Locked thread