Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bloodly posted:

Isn't that the body of Evil Grey Buu, though?

nah grey bu was almost skeletal i think. also that ED is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

This is the funniest thing about this arc about Goku going around and getting schooled. Goku has more tournament experience than most of these jokers put together bar possibly Krillin, he shouldn't need ring-out tournament advice from Majin loving Buu.

i don't think goku ever won anything but prelims by ring out he always knocked dudes out.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
beerus was destroying planets with inferior food and what he deemed to be rude people.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Yeah but unless Bulma let him drink a ton of people or absorb 17 and 18 he'd be pretty weak and not much help to anyone. Also not as handsome.

the androids were a quick fix crutch, cell is biological and could have empowered himself through training.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Considering what 3 months of light training did for Frieza, one can only imagine what the training regiments Goku and company do would do for a good guy Cell

Also I just realized that all of the villains in DBZ once they get to Namek onward don't train for the most part

well cell and buu use eating people as a replacement for training.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

but even if you took all that away and raised cell into an upstanding citizen (it's not like dbz really cares if you're a monster)... he'd still be stuck at first stage anyway because he couldn't eat 17 and 18, meaning he'd a) be weaker than piccolo and b) not have perfect cell's voice actor. and what's the point of a cell without dameon clarke

we don't know if this is true. cell's transformation, like frieza's could be a function of power levels

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

multijoe posted:

Cell ate the dude and became a bulky, awkward looking puberty monster, then he ate the woman as well and became a statuesque, androgynous superbeing. His visual designs are obviously reflective of which androids he's eaten.

but then he turned into an androgynous superbeing after blowing himself up and getting stronger even though he didn't eat any more ladies.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

he says why he came back as perfect cell. it's because his body remembered being that way, so he just went back to it. base form cell that hadn't ever absorbed the androids wouldn't be able to do that

cell didn't even know he was coming back. he isn't very reliable when it comes to the inner workings of cell. i'm gonna say he could have reached "perfection" though training and the only reason he didn't is cause gero programmed him with a thirst for android.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

Seriously for the love of Christ, imagine how powerful Cell would be if he spent any time at any day at any moment training. Just, once, train. Imagine what bullshit he could pull off

In reverse to my earlier stance i think it would actually crush him, imagine if he trained and became stronger and then he realized that he was not and could not ever become truly perfect.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

Plus he absorbed the power of the spirit bomb.

trunks was being powered by the planet the whole time

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Black August posted:

I feel like Shin flew out into space, got like halfway to the first planet, and then said "Oh who am I loving kidding Earth is the only place with anyone strong left why bother"

meanwhile on new namek like 5 namekians are god level or something but i don't think shin even knows about new namek because he counted namek as one of the destroyed planets when thinking about people to recruit

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Monaghan posted:

There being only 20 planets with life on them makes no goddamn sense considering that Frieza ran a space army with a bunch of different races and sold planets.

That's Toriyama for you I guess.

pretty sure frieza picked his soldiers off of worlds he genocided also i think it was frieza buying planets off of the saiyans after they genocide them how frieza got the spacebucks to do so who knows.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

but who the gently caress is buying all these planets?

fieza is buying the planets

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

multijoe posted:

17: As a park warden and conservationist it saddens me this majestic Minotaurus has been hunted to extinction and is the last of its kind, so if granted the infinite power of the Super Dragon Balls to reshape reality to my desire I would like a boat.

well it's dende's will that the minotaurus dies

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I really don't think there's gonna be any big evil to this arc

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Even worse he tried to give his job to Goku.

he was in a really bad place man like everything he'd done just came back to bite him in the rear end and goku fixed his poo poo (although if piccolo hadn't spit up piccolo goku would have killed god) i can understand why he did it.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

I mean. a god would probably be able to perform tool assisted runs just by themselves.

Have to imagine their reflexes would be frame perfect.

with the level of like kinetic vision and reflexes the DBZ cast has even goten and trunks should be able to have frame perfect reflexes

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Half of Dracula posted:

and yet Gohan couldn't catch a potara earring.

that was actually the will of the universe preventing goku from fusing with his son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

While I doubt Goku is going to go on a god-murder rampage(because that would be what Future Trunks would try to do, not Goku), I'm interested to see if there's any actual payoff to Goku muttering to Hit about showing the gods that they're not just pawns and then throwing the match.

you guys are overthinking it. he's just saying that they can fight in a non tournament context later and they did.

• Locked thread