Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Just in case you didn't know, Toriyama already drew what the theorical fusion between Krillin and Piccolo would look like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Augus posted:

Speaking of which: was him punching Jeice in the face anime filler or was it in the manga too?

It was.

I also don't think that's uncharacteristic of Goku knowing that Monaka is supposed to be stronger than him.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Enourmo posted:

finally they will be able to learn how to fly

just like miles "tails" prower the magical kitsune (a kitsune is a magical fox)

at last dbz will pay tribute to sonic the hedgehog and the super sonic form toriyama ripped off from them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYg2WT1ZqaE

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I want to meet alternate Broly who is a peaceful scientist and researcher helping the underfranchised peoples of the universe gain ki energy, but is still ten feet tall and five feet wide. All hunched over a keyboard and everything

Broly as some sort of Dr.Jekyll totally fits if you think about it.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I gotta say, that Piccolo/Frost fight was really good. Great to see all of Piccolo's techniques on showcase, from the multiform technique to the stretchy arms. Probably Super's best fight sequence so far, imo.

I loved Goku channeling the older fans and getting all nostalgic over the antenna lasers.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Chichi was introduced as the daughter of a cruel ogre that had villages and travellers terrorized, I assume her outfit is supposed to evoke the usual skimpy dressed villainess in fantasy settings and you're expected to find funny how inappropiate it is for a small girl.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The Beverly Hillbillies starring Goku's family.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

He didn't fight Apple specifically but he and Gohan kicked some Frieza's soldiers butts upon reaching Namek. It's still a shame they didn't get to defeat Guldo at least, that Guru powerup only worked to impress Vegeta for like one second.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Kild posted:

He saw footage of Goku fighting Buu and poo poo?

Except for RoF's, any depiction of hell you saw in the anime was filler.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rutibex posted:

No even vaporizing Buu doesn't work. They tried that in the time chamber and the gas just reformed into Buu again.

The only way to defeat Buu is to attack his single weakness: Toriyama. It is only by weakening Toriyama's resolve to write more chapters of DBZ can Buu be truly defeated.

I don't think it's that hard to get, Cell could come back as long as his regenerative organ was still intact, Buu is the same only every particle of his body is like that. During Gotenks' fight they realized the more tired he got, the slower he recovered so an alternative way to defeat him could have been punching him until he can't move (like Kid Buu did with Good Buu) then take all the time you want to prepare and fire a ki blast concentrated enough to not leave a trace of him afterwards like the Spirit Bomb did.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Raxivace posted:

So uh...what's going on here? Would GT have already been in the development stage by time this came out? Was Toriyama trying to plant the seeds for the Shadow Dragon stuff? Clearly this doesn't actually go anywhere in the manga itself, and this idea hasn't come up again in Battle of Gods, Ressurection 'F', or Super to my knowledge.

Thoughts?

This is why the Shadow Dragons is one of the best ideas in GT (with poor execution, as usual), it actually fits in the continuity, it makes the dragon balls central to the plot and it's believable that artifacts that can alter the order of the universe itself could generate such strong adversaries (as opposed to, say, Rilld somehow being stronger than Majin Buu for example).

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

What exactly is so bad about that Multiverse comic?

Nah, don't get mistaken, most people find it enjoyable around here (specials are more divisive).

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

His bodyguards were cool, though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yamcha's scene cracked me up. I liked the original ending but this is also true:

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I thought it was pretty good, but not enough laugh out loud moments. The bit at the end that relied on original artwork looked really weird to me. Not just the fact that it was off-model (I know aping Toriyama's style is really difficult) but it wasn't color corrected/balanced to match the original footage, making it stand out too much.

I wonder why they didn't use actual shots from the show, I don't think it'd had been very difficult, if not the group shot at the end, at least that front shot of Gohan when he talked to Wheelo.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Go! Go! Galo sengen!

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm pretty sure it was stated that Hercule is actually the best martial artist on the planet among those who don't know how to use ki.

Nah, keep in mind the World Tournament is pretty much a festival and not a serious competition to determine Earth's strongest fighter, there are lots of strong people out there.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Actually they put the part where Chichi didn't allow Goten to "train" with Goku and Piccolo as a foreshadow of his descent into evil :ssh:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Aurora posted:

All the Goten jokes would be good if Goten actually existed in Future Trunks land

That's a minor detail now that we have multiverses ON TOP OF alternative timelines.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I vote it's alternate world Goten all grown up and he's got a second earring that he wants to force on to Trunks to make them fuse into Black Gotenks.

I like to think the Supreme Kai in the opening is a red herring and the earring is a memento of Chichi, representing the last bit of humanity inside him. It'd work for both Goku and Goten.

On the other hand, I don't think Dragon Ball has ever done a twist like that so I don't think that'd happen.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I like that one of the color schemes in the ending is the one the "half-colorized" manga pages actually use:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Then how did Vegita come back in the Buu saga?

He was still dead until they made the mass revival wish, Yemma just kept his body and allowed him to go to Earth, but had he died as a soul, he would have ceased to exist for good.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Didn't Black blow up a bunch of other planets beforehand? Does that square with his stated goals?

While "ningen" literally means "human" and we usually use the term "human" only for earthlings, etimologically it refers to "people" in general, saiyans and namekians count as "ningen" too, for example.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

it's simpler to say he wants to kill anything that isn't a god because mortality is a mistake

I don't know, the way he talked about it doesn't make me think he has anything against plants or animals.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They might well change his name to avoid it entirely, like Dark Goku, just use Black Goku in any cases like that, or something that removes that.

"That dark person" still sounds bad, they'll probably just use his full name every time.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Finally

we get to see Future Trunks' reaction to the GREAT SAIYAMAN

also more baby pan :3:

If he goes back without paying a visit to Krillin's family I'm going to be very pissed.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Elfgames posted:

i mean i guess the android 18 joke might be worth it but

That's the point, yeah.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Covok posted:

Modern dragonball media is so fanficy that it's awesome and amazing and I love it.

Not really, you can pretend DBZ stopped at any time and the rest of it was added to Super years later and it'd still look "fanficy".

Cell saga is probably the most fanfic-like arc if you think about it, Trunks looks like the typical cool self-insert OC, time travel shenanigans, new super saiyan transformations, return of the red ribbon army...

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Squallege posted:

I thought it was kinda lovely that Gohan didn't even ask why Trunks was back

Nah, he was so glad to see him the thought never even crossed his mind, it'd been worse if the first thing he had said were "so what happened now?".

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rutibex posted:

There is clearly some kind of genetic engineering going on in the Dragonball universe. I mean where do you think all of the dog-men and dinosaurs came from?

If Dragon Ball was a modern cartoon there'd be hundreds of "IT'S ACTUALLY A POSTAPOCALYPTIC VERSION OF THE REAL WORLD GUYS :tinfoil:" theories around.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

It's actually a x(Plot Convenience) multiplier.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

wasn't that Yamcha who fought a mummy?

Yes, then lost, figures.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

JohnnyCocksville posted:

Also I've been holding onto this one for a while: Goku uses a "mad dog attack" versus Roshi in the first tournament. This is written as "kaio-ken."

Kyo-ken, actually. Pronounced "kee-oh ken".

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, yellow Kaiohshin (Gawosu?) didn't seem evil to me either.

So was anybody else expecting him to mention King Enma when he said who's the only one who can judge mortals?

18's scene was great :3:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Alternatively, the Kais do indeed have jobs, it's just that our friend the Supreme Kai is utterly terrible at it.

To be fair, he's doing the work of like 5 people since Buu's last rampage.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Wow, I expected harsh comments but some people way surpasses my expectations.

But yeah, I agree it'd be boring if that's how she wins, I hope the writer has something up his sleeve. Counting the one she was munching on the ground, aren't those too many senzu beans to eat so quickly? Yajirobe did that once and it wasn't very pleasant for him...

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New episode is out, at least in spanish.

It's a bit frustrating the characters still don't seem to get how time works and automatically discard Zamasu as a suspect of being Black. I thought Whis'd be better than that.

Love Trunks and Vegeta's interactions, and Trunks tricking him into thinking he's still stuck with bulky SSJ form (Vegeta wasn't present when he showed he could do SSJ2 already?).

Even Whis losing his cool at the idea of a meeting between Goku and Zenos was fun to see too.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 7, 2016

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Oh no, that cliffhanger, what will happen to Goku? :ohdear:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

He doesn't seem that different to me either.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Eopia posted:

I'm bothered by them translating Korin as Karin

It is Karin, though.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

We have already seen Zamasu using that technique on that turtle caveman though.

I thought he might be Zamasu's evil side like what happened with Piccolo and Evil Buu, only taking Goku's shape since he hates him the most but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, maybe he's some sort of magical Frankenstein's monster or something.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Pilaf literally doomed the future

They wouldn't have had time to collect the dragon balls before Piccolo was killed if Pilaf hadn't collected them before anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

pretty sure training with a god doesn't make you a god

you're either born that way or it requires some kind of magical ritual bullshit

Unless you're Vegeta.

• Locked thread