Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

On one hand, hooray for a new DBZ Abridged.

On the other hand, Jesus Christ, that one took four months. Looks like we're back to the old pace.

To be fair, we're approaching the end of the season and till now we've always got a 3-parter finale with each part as lengthy as a regular episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Buu seems to hate his Huge/Southern Kai form, doesn't he? He immediately went to overwrite it by absorbing the Dai Kaiohshin in the past and straight up undid it in the present after Goku's and Vegeta's fantastic voyage, I've always wondered what was the point story-wise of that form existing in the first place.

Black August posted:

Big Baguette attack

The Big Baguette Star enabled me to cheat death! How could this be?!

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I like to think that's how Buu would've looked like if Good Buu had eaten the evil one.

I liked the ED, but by the way it started I expected a modern version of Romantic Ageru yo so I was mildy disappointed.

And speaking of disappointments, I was totally expecting to see this attack but then Goku went and threw the match, jerk.

All in all, it was a good episode, the animation was good, Krillin's fainting a taiyoken ruled, 18 and him are really cute and speaking of which, is this the first time Maron has had actual non-baby lines of dialogue?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Lupus Rufus posted:

What is this from? I thought it was from an ending but it's not in my edition of Dragonball. It's super duper cute tho.

Romantic Ageru Yo had like 4? different versions as the series progressed, but only the first one was used overseas, I believe that shot is from one of those versions, you can find them all on YouTube.

It could also be from the credits of one of the DB movies.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rhonne posted:

What kind of outfit would he give Pan? Piccolo gave Gohan a gi based on him own, and I'm sure Cell inherited he clothes beam from his DNA.

A bug suit, obviously.

Only more evil looking.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I'm catching up and did Whis just perform an impromptu, unrequested magical c-section on Bulma. :psyduck:

I was mildly disappointed because I really wanted to see gags like in Dr. Slump's chapter in which Senbei's son is about to be born but with Vegeta in Senbei's place.

As for today's episode, I wasn't very excited for it because I usually find "let's save an endangered species" episodes boring in any series but I loved the King Kai's planet and Jaco segments.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

RBX posted:

Is it better in the manga?

I liked Col. Silver's filler arc featuring Pilaf's flying fortress, even though it goes against his characterization as a low ranking thug. Muscle Tower's maze floor is an actual obstacle in the anime and gives us more interactions between Goku and Android 8 (the manga just skips it and I don't get why is it there in the first place). Some padded fights like the Pirate Robot's are better in the anime in my opinion.

On the other hand we have bad filler like Hasky's episode, Gen. Blue lusting over a little child and the regular boring padding so in my case it's hard to choose.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

Are we sure they're not just two separate characters? I know the idea that a team might have two different female combatants is completely out there in Dragon Ball but I feel that's the case?

I was gonna ask that too, they don't seem to be the same character, do they?

FemBroly's pics next to Cauliflower might be a red herring or a conjecture from the magazine's staff. Or maybe she has split personality a la Lunch.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

You can also fuse Zamasu with KID Goku for some reason.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'd say Harry Potter would be the most popular western example.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

sassassin posted:

He has even less influence over the show, which works on tighter deadlines and more complex stages of production.

If you like what Super is doing more than the comic book, praise Toei's directors for it, not Toriyama. Both they and Toyotaro get the same story treatments from Toriyama.

I dunno about that, Whis' or Kaiohshin's shoehorned explanations in the manga are pretty much the opposite of Toriyama's style in my opinion.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

Pfft, they aren't lesbians. Lots of people kiss their good friend & roommate on the lips after receiving a thoughtful gift. They're just polite is all it is.

For real though, hasn't anime developed a weird cultural thing like "sure, every girl is a little gay when they're 15, but you grow out of it"? Or am I over-generalizing based on the only shoujo I know of being queer as hell?

I'm not sure about that, but they remind me of the typical girl delinquent gang that pops up in school manga/anime. More often than not, there'll be an underling secretly in love with her gang leader.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Xenoverse content include Trunks' Genkisword:

Also Vegetto's ki saber:

An oozaru outfit:

And this is probably Gamma Burst Flash but gee, Vegeta, don't get THAT excited :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

drat, the first half of that DBZA ep is very well drawn and has some REALLY good animation.

The second half though...

I know, I know, different source episodes and different animation directors, but wow.

I love Cell's proportions in this shot:

• Locked thread