Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bardock was also mr.satans dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hercule half god, half meme

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

As Amorphous Blob is now banned, I will be instituting the Hercule tag in commemoration of Earth's mightiest warrior.

this is not what the doctor ordered

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SirDrone posted:

GT really likes putting Pan in weird creepy situations, I think the director was into some questionable poo poo. :v:

unforunately good shonen was not among them

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

now that i think about it the ending to rof is even more bullshit than previously though. frieza loving earned that win its hosed up and anti-ethical to the shonen spirit of effort and victory

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Frieza didn't earn it because he didn't actually put in the effort to master his transformation.

Dragon Ball has pretty consistently been critical of the idea that transformations alone are enough to guarantee victory.

he earned it because he killed his opponent

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Squallege posted:

Koala guy and crew have a machine that will regenerate a dozen pieces of Freeza into one complete with armor and underpants. Who says they can't make a laser that'll actually hurt somebody as tough as Goku? It's magic space technology who cares?

Why do they need frieza then?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

That's not really how it works, though like I said. If he's just sitting there, he's not boosting his stats because that's what Goku does. He would have put 100 points into "defense" if he saw Freeza doing something, but if ChiChi clocked him over the head from behind, he'd get knocked out.

why didnt anyone kill frieza or cell then

checkmate

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Why didn't someone just shoot frieza in his sleep

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

WHY DIDNT GULDO CARRY A GUN

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

which doesn't make any sense since the same should hold true for vegeta

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is plan to destroy the saiyans the worst thing or the best thing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

zelah posted:

Rewatching DBZ:RF: how come chunks of Final Form Freiza heal into first form huh?

where does his clothing come from?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ruggington posted:

Time travel is outlawed, Jaco would never partake

why would jaco not be around in trunks timeline

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

toei's kind of dumb aren't they?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but battle of gods did so well because it was actually part of the story. We're basically got no progression in RoF and won't get any in this one either because of super so what's the point?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kild posted:

Only reason Buu Kai exists is because of Western audiences.

except it airred in japan and still hasn't come to america

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i dont think we need another cowboy bebop movie

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

There literally has never been a good fan film and there never will be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ojd5cNDekc

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I can't wait for the Dragon Ball Civil War when the correct thinking people annihilate all "fans" who hate Super and DB comic relief.

I stand with Satan.

i too can't wait for the aids population to reach 100%.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Elfgames posted:

What's weird is i'm upset about berrus being more meniceing and sadistic than he was in the movie.

it's almost as if toei doesn't actually understand dragon ball

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Isn't that supposed to be Mr. Popo's job?

*insert four seperate tfs references here*

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

The end of the Beerus fight wasn't about Goku discovering a new power as much as him completely learning how to manage god power. The Beerus fight was more like training for Goku than a major antagonist fight, since the whole fight, Beerus was attempting to push Goku to become a worthy adversary for him. Him threatening the planet was just him trying to force Goku to be better and make him actually fight. The show extended that by 30 minutes, but it's still there. That's a huge difference from Piccolo/Vegeta/Freeza/etc. where they were fighting for more than entertainment.

the movie did it better

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this actually sounds good. I can't wait to see how toei fucks it up.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Darko posted:

I just want a random unexplained Freeza styled training where they somehow convince Buu to train and he is as strong as everyone else.

buu probably could get pretty ripped if he worked out. He's got wide shoulders like a quarterback.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Haha, Rock the Dragon comes in when Goku goes Super Saiyan at the end of the Beerus fight. This is a work of art

it should have been the actual faulconer theme for that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

I'm excited for the moment Buu turns into Super Buu as like a form and this becomes the way he's able to keep up now.

buu's new transformation will just involve him muscling up and becoming a lumberjack instead of a fat guy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

piccolos a space dark elf

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Okay I actually went and started getting caught up on dragon ball super after giving up and jesus this is awful.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

For all of Z's sins atleast the animators knew what a loving kamehameha looked like, and they probably wouldn't have made almost destroying the universe look so limpdicked.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ruggington posted:

at least that's historically accurate for the anime

like every 18 months or so i'll go and watch goku vs majin vegeta.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a 90 minute movie would be like 6 episodes. So yes that's a reasonable expectation.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

20 episodes means that you'd have eight episodes free for whatever non movie bullshit you want.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If you're actually okay with the status quo you have stockholm syndrome or something worse.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I have not said anything remotely positive about super since july.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Squall posted:

They've done BoG and the start of RoF, plus several episodes that weren't from either of those in the same time as a single DBZ fight. All things considered, they are making pretty decent time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

And they did BoG by stripping it of all the good moments and replacing it with god-knows what.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Considering it's a monthly manga that's damning with faint praise.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Super is fine unless you're some kind of weirdo who can only watch a storyline once ever and must only ever consume 100% new media or you die.

it's a problem when the conveyance of said storyline is poo poo, yes. Nobody ever complained about the fist of the north star movie just being a retelling.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

aers posted:

He's the story writer for Super. Individual episodes are written by other people but he's doing the story outline or whatever.

It's obviously very vague since the fight's don't match up with his style at all(or standard of quality).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the culminator posted:

What is it with the movies and dead goku showing up at the end to help out?

there's no proof goku was actually there.

• Locked thread