Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hercule "Mark" Satan is the best and is currently winning as he should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I used a save editor to eliminate the RNG in Xenoverse and it made the game much better, until I realised that acually, all of the create a goku characters outfits are crap.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You going to share that sandwich, Goku?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Well gently caress Goku then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Darko posted:

Thats literally the best episode.

A decade or so later, all Super has really proven to this point is that Vegeta slice of life is unquestionably the best thing Dragon Ball can do.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope everyone who complained is proud of themselves!!!

I'm pretty into the idea of defusing KibitoKai. I liked Kibito.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

At this rate in Dragon Ball Super, Goku's going to end up beating Beerus straight up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beerus and Goku have the same kind of stand.

That's the point of the dragons.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Momomo posted:

Makes that line about Goku the Destroyer seem more plausible then before.

We saw that shockwave turn a planet to actual dust and he's 50% responsible for that. It if can disintegrate one planet, who's to say he didn't just melt like 50 planets while trying to save Earth?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah but how many of those guys are wearing a sweet KILL YOU! jacket?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

In this new episode of Dragonball Super, Mr. Satan continues to prove why he is the best.

:allears:

Also the animation in this episode is pretty great at times. Feels weird to see.
ED2 is also quite nice.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 4, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pyroi posted:

He's got REALLY good eyes.

He trains them in 150x gravity. Eye ups.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragon Ball Kart on PS4, Wii U and PC when?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jaco in episode 20 is fantastic news.

I wonder if Tights will show up in Super too. She got a "design" for RoF after all. (It's just Bianca from Dragon Quest 5).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just recognised her from knowing they were the same so I'd never seen them side by side but having seen them on the same page, that's surely just redrawn art, right?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragon Team are the best ones but like you say, unreliable.
You can probably just find a quick sub on release day if watching it shortly after release is important to you, but you won't get one with a translation as good as DT's.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Super manga is skipping RoF because the artist did one for it recently, it's monthly and there's no real need for him to rehash it so quickly. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.

Info is in the first article on Kanzenshuu right now.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have no idea what the original track with it in is called but there's a leit motif in the Japanese OST I can never get out of my head but it's on the character select screen of Budokai Tenkaichi 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B7tP1a0NVU
That poo poo is my jam.

I can't really stand Faulconer but I can see why a lot of people are really into it.

The original OST has TOKU SENTAI! TOKU SENTAI! TOKU SENTAI! too so it's the best.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You're probably right. I think I had a dumb moment (again).

Either way, poo poo's good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Silver95280 posted:

Next episode's going to be fun!

Dragon Ball Super Anime of the millennium and the last one too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Next week might finally be the episode to dethrone driving cars as the greatest episode of anime of all time.

I can't wait.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly can't believe that you guys are more interested in those crappy Heroes things than SUPER SATAN.

The poll is current 129 poseurs and me. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if a fusion'd character had children with a fusion'd character if the baby would be a fusion character too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope Super Satan 4 gets Hard Gay styled leather hotpants.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's very much grounded in reality, which is kind of rare for Dragon Ball. It's among the main reasons as to why athletes take steroids, which often improve your recovery times which allows you to train harder and more often*.

If Goku/Vegeta were on the juice, they could stay in there for much longer.

I bet Vegeta would definitely get on the PEDs if they existed in the DBZ-verse.

*This is still greatly generalising and different roids do different things, naturally.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Satan part makes him perfect.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aren't Vegeta and Goku supposed to be dead of old age for like 20 years by that point?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It makes me sad to think that Goku died so young for some reason, even if he went out the way he wanted, fighting to death with his rival for years on end.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Goku already had a heart condition, it's honestly quite sensible.

Vegeta probably could have lived to 100 but he wasn't about to let Kakarott beat him to dying.

Goku probably did end up beating him to death however, knowing Vegeta's luck with that kind of thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm just saying that if you have a virus that almost kills you and leaves you screaming and in agony for days you're probably not going to come out of it without long-term damage.

In a relevant and very recent real world example right now, a British nurse who had Ebola in December '14/Jan '15 who survived and was given the all clear got re-admitted this weekend with symptoms of it again. She'll have had basically any and all experimental treatments available at this time. Even if your body fights off a virus with medicines or without, it's always possible you could suffer from it again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yes. This is outright stated in the movie. Freeza points out that Gohan could beat all of his soldiers, alone, and far faster than they are. The entire point is that they don't want to, they're stalling for Goku, since everyone together are still nowhere near a match for Freeza.

Also that Gohan is purposely not killing any of them which is slowing him down quite a bit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Whis can straight up knock Beerus out with one punch and according to a Kanzenshuu piece quoting Toriyama, if Beerus is a 10 on the strength scale, Goku in BoG was a 7 and Whis is a 15.

e: But yeah, I agree that there's a sort of parental dynamic to Beerus/Whis which makes me think Beerus is actually quite young (for a God of Destruction catman).

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 14, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

"What part of Buu should we give him?"

HIS CROTCH AND HIS LEFT BICEP.

Well, they are his signature parts, we all know that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Am I taking crazy pills?

You're partaking in a power level discussion, so yeah.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

So that more or less locks it as Goku, Vegeta, Beerus, Whis, and ????

Super Cyan Gohan probably.

Naturally, he will be the team member to get stomped to establish the others as a true threat.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is why Dragon Ball Super is the best

http://s1.webmshare.com/V6gmz.webm

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Amount of focus on Mr. Satan is directly proportional to quality of series, so Super is probably the best Dragon Ball has and will ever be.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Todays episode of Super was really good and next weeks is Vegeta slice of life.

Dragon Ball Super :allears:

Thank you Toei and Toriyama for making a Dragon Ball series especially for me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Satan is the strongest Human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Satan God coincidentally looks like Super Saiyan.

I guess it's because ancient Super Saiyans foretold the coming of the legend himself and emulated him.

• Locked thread