Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Bacontotem posted:

Why is this thread's tag not the mr satan tag.

Someone really wanted the Dad tag, for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I liked Resurrection F. It wasn't an amazing film, but it was a good DBZ film. Then again, I saw it in theater and that does effect my experience.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I think Goku doesn't want to be immortal. Like, he always has the option, he was offered godhood many times, and, in the non-canon future, he choses to have one final battle instead of wishing for youth. Goku just wants to be the strongest martial artist and have fun, I don't think he really cares or aspires to be more than that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Waiting for the universe where Goku was never born and humans had to stand up and kick some serious rear end on their own two feet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Baal posted:

Who is champ?

Fat Beerus.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

wouldnt that mean goku wasnt all that important

I mean, it's that or that one universe is hosed and humans have been wiped out. The former is cooler than the latter.

I don't know how to interrupt this.

Covok
May 27, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Actually in that universe Broly would not have been driven mad by Goku and thus would be the Good Hulk, protector of the Galaxy.

I'd strangely wouldn't mind this. Especially so if they go the route like in Supersonic Warriors where Hercule raised an amnesiac Broly to be good.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Cody Banks posted:

Piccolo fused with Dende.

Wow, Piccolo's power level went up by 100! This is a game changer.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Amorphous Blob posted:

100 in what number

Power level units.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Future Gohan is cooler, Gohan is stronger.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

this pleb never played the snes rpg where its the ultimate strategy

I heard of that and it sounds amazing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Why did DBM retell Cooler's Revenge with slight differences? Seems like a pointless diversion.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm glad poor ol' Kibitio Kai has been defused. Next up: Wishing back King Kai.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

Was King Kai still dead in GT?

Did King Kai even appear in GT? Like, I don't think he did.

Covok
May 27, 2013

It's been a long time. If so, then he was definitely still dead.

Covok
May 27, 2013

The Super manga is rushing through things so fast that it gives me whiplash when I stop reading it. Whoever is writting it wants to just be done with the movie stuff as quickly as possible.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Namtab posted:

You should have put pan (gohans daughter) in the poll

This is one of the places where you would never need this clarification.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Resurrection D

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Do we even have a good idea how strong Mr. Buu is? We only saw him get quickly owned by Evil Buu, and we can assume that he's weaker than the original Majin Buu (which had both the good and evil parts). Then again, we can also assume that he's probably at least as strong as an SSJ2, which is way stronger than all other non-saiyan characters.

Otherwise you're probably correct if they were aiming to pick the strongest dudes. If they did choose an actual human, I imagine Tien is probably stronger than Krillin now, since I think he chose to permanently live as a training hermit (whereas Krillin decided to get a job).

According to Toriyama, Krillin is stronger.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Toriyama is great because he don't give a gently caress.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I remember when Master Roshi was the strongest human.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

You've got that in reverse.

Consider the implications of what you just said and feel shameful.

Covok
May 27, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

... the implications are exactly the same either way?

...I am stupid. That is my defense.

Covok
May 27, 2013

dr.acula posted:

what/who the gently caress is Kibito anyway

This is Kibito:

He seemed cool at first...

...and was Supreme Kai's assistant.

He turned out to be pretty lame.

He then accidentally fused with Supreme Kai and became this abomination.

Recently, they used porunga to un-fuse

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm just glad everyone realized it was dumb and gave it a sensible name.

Covok
May 27, 2013

It's kind of obvious. I mean, Vados said it seemed to be devoid of life. Universe 6 is a twin of Universe 7. And there is a popular character in an alternate universe that Toriyama might remember.

Hey, I can dream, right!?

It also creates a resolution since they realize there are some humans so everyone gets what they want.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Beerus is an evil Goku.

Covok
May 27, 2013

zelah posted:

Is it just a translation issue? Latest manga chapter says there's no humanity on Champa's earth, but then he says 5 humans. Or are we to go liberal with that term and call those human looking dudes who were with frieza and maybe saiyans humans too?

Champa is really, really dumb.

Covok
May 27, 2013

To be fair, Goku may be dumb, but he is clever. But, man, he is dumb.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Goku vs Beerus. Vegeta vs Champa. Calling it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

There only have so many senzu beans to go around every harvest season. No sense wasting them in a non-life-or-death situation.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

I've been watching the Buu Saga, and there's this one filler when Bulma/Rushi/Yamcha are chasing some dragon that ate a dragon ball. Yamcha blasts the dragon, making it fall into the ocean, and then refuses to go after it because he is afraid to jump from such a large height.

The dude can fly, wtf.

It's Yamcha.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Being a fan of Yamcha must be painful.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Same as a guy I know, because he loves the Spirit Ball attack and thought his fight against Kami was actually pretty incredible given how he as a normal, no bullshit human, completely threw off God.

Oh and because he's stronger than Cell.

Due to Shonen Power Level Bloat, Yamcha could legitimately defeat 99.999999999999% of the universe in a straight fight with the remaining being the other Z-Fighters and whoever they're fighting this week.

Covok
May 27, 2013

When I was 7, I wrote a fanfiction where Goku was raised by Superman to be the new Superboy then, when he grew up to be a teenager, he teamed up with Batman Beyond to fight off DBZ villains. Like most kids, I just put TV shows in a blender and drank the crap smoothie that followed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Was Raging Blast 2 any good?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Emong posted:

By the time Future Trunks is grown enough to do his time travel thing Beerus would have already visited Earth. He probably just didn't bother because the only living saiyan was a small child.

For that matter, Baidi would have already arrived in Future Trunks time. He probably left because there wasn't enough energy.

Also, Trunks can train too. SSJ3 Trunks anyone?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Actually, this is concurrent with their previous actions. During DB, they were adapting the manga as a movie series and an anime series simotenously. This is why some movies are alt universe story retellings: they were attempting to catch up.

Now, the movies proved DB successful in the modern day. They started three franchises to run concurrently: an anime, a manga, and a movie series.

To be honest, they did the same during DBZ too.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Except the tv series didn't reanimate stuff already seen in the movies and vice versa. Well okay, everything except for cooler :v:.

For original DB, it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Astro Nut posted:

Like, has she just given up on Goten entirely?

I think some of it has to do with the fact Goten looks EXACTLY like his father. Considering the mental space she was in at the time of his birth, she probably felt it was some sign that she should raise him to be like his dad.

• Locked thread