Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Why isn't his tail gold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Do we have any indication of where Pilaf's resources came from anyway? Before Goku & Co. showed up, he seemed to have a pretty swanky base. Hell, he could have used the flying fortress that he let Piccolo take over to raid small villages and still make out like a king. Why bother with the Dragonballs?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Taxes? He is an emperor after all. This is why he gets poorer and more desperate after Goku smashes up his palace (and kills all of his citizens).

Did he have subjects though? Mai and Shu were hired from a newspaper ad.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely don't remember if modern Piccolo and Bulma ever exchanged more than a few words.

I guess she got him to record the Mafuba which is a good start to a lasting friendship.

They talk quite a bit during the Cell saga. When Trunks and Vegeta are fighting Cell and Tien, Piccolo, and Bulma are at the lookout. Piccolo is relaying information to her about the fight, who is powering up, etc. They're obviously social enough that he shows up at all her parties and hangs out at her house from time to time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Shenlong is really pulling in the overtime hours for Super. How many times have they summoned the poor guy now?

To be fair, he probably went hundreds of years without being disturbed before Bulma built a radar.. It's about drat time he got some work in.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dias posted:

I don't think there was malice, he just does the Whis thing of speaking kinda snobby almost?

I think its more feigned disinterest that snobby. I like to think that Whis genuinely cares about his little Earth-dwelling friends apart from the cuisine.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

^^^ I believe the whole deal is that it brings out any dormant power in you. It made more sense in Dragonball than it did in Z when everyone was going all-out.

Blockhouse posted:

to be fair both yamcha and krillin learn it off screen and tien probably learned it from shen

Krillin actually learned it mid-fight vs Chiaotzu. He does a tiny little puffball one to see if he even can, then pulls out the real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iIy27LUOFk

He does this in the manga too I believe.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 22, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh god, some of those costumes are giving me Power Rangers flashbacks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Goku was pretty worn down at that point. 3 multiplied by "tired as gently caress" ki is probably pretty mediocre.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The same way you can spend hours honing and sharpening a knife blade to razor sharpness, or go out into a shale quarry and find a piece sharp enough to cut your finger off.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got my wife into Kai while she was pregnant, and now that she's had the baby, she wanted to see what was next. We got sick of waiting for Buu-Kai, so we opted for plain old DBZ Buu Saga. Holy loving poo poo. It was So. Goddamn. SLOW. Entire episodes of people punching the pink goo monster, continuing to do nothing over and over and over, failing to see that maybe, just maybe, punching him isn't the path to victory. You really start to see some of the inconsistencies between animation studios when you binge-watch it.

And the post-Buu stuff was excruciating and I'm pretty sure I'd never seen it before. "Goku defeats the planet-destroying pink goo monster, but what will he do about this dinosaur egg?!"

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 5, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Some of these Kai voice casting details look a bit.. suspicious..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

buu saga didn't need a kai tbh

Having watched it in the last month or so, I couldn't disagree more. The fights with the various iterations of Buu are so unnecessarily drawn out. Holy poo poo. So much posturing and fake-outs and other bullshit.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rutibex posted:

But who is hotter, past adult Mai, or future adult Mai?!

Depends, have we ever seen her without the coat on? Or has it fused to her skin at this point?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Are Goku and Gohan both lefties? They stepped up to bat that way.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kinda weird that Piccolo or someone wouldn't have bolted towards that "immense" power level as soon as it appeared, but glad Gohan got a chance to shine again. Looking forward to Krillin And Goku palling around next episode!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Plus she wants to get nasty in the Saiyaman costume. What more could Gohan want?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is all moot because nobody is faster than THE CHAMP - THE ONE AND ONLY MARK HERCULE SATAN!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I want him to rage out with his wife and daughter watching and be determined not to lose regardless of the opponent.

Also, I'd like to see some sort of audience for the non-Earthlings. Even in the last tournament nobody came to cheer on Universe 6. That was kinda sad.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rhonne posted:

How does Cell not turning them into candy make it more evil then when Buu ate people?

Cell stabs you with a giant straw and sucks your innards out as you scream in agony. I'll take candy death over that any day.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

Vegeta's last words, before accidentally detonating himself with enough force to shatter the planet:
"I'M THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR, AND PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS! KAIOKEN TIMES A MILLION"

I'd like to think that he'd just poof into a cloud of ash before he can get the second half of "MILLION" out.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Did they make the rabbit super hero guy look exactly like Beerus on purpose? Why not pick a different color scheme?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

khwarezm posted:

I don't think its a stretch to assume they're basically the same species. Like somehow Beerus and Champa are brothers but ended up as GoDs of separate universes, so they might originally come from the Pride Trooper's one.

Beerus and Champa are cats. The other thing is a rabbit.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

khwarezm posted:

They're aliens, they look like each other and they aren't cats or rabbits.

That's racist.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Calling it now, Universe 6 will win the tournament, and their wish will be to fuse with Universe 7 for the delicious Earth Food. Frost and Frieza will form a new space empire to battle the Saiyans, now commanded by the new Admiral Vegeta. Goku will be there too, probably.. Bulma will have to rebuild Capsule Corp from the ground up. Dende will have to make entirely new Dragonballs, along with a sleek new Lookout. The Saiyan children will suddenly be relevant again, training Pan and Bra and fighting against the dangers of the new fused Earth. And finally, Champa and Beerus will fuse to avoid one of them being destroyed, and will become the mighty Miller High Life, the Champa of Beerus.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Is there a big intersection of Dragon Ball fans and conservatives?

Are you suggesting that conservatives like watching blonde haired, blue eyed ubermensch beating up people who look different than them?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Raxivace posted:

There's Time Patrol Trunks!

Unfortunately he's like the most incompetent Future Trunks variant. Poor guy doesn't even know how to speak properly.

HEY!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rirse posted:

I still like to think the extra Future Trunks that was created when Beerus and Whis stopped Zamasu got sent to Chronos as a favor by them so he the normal Future Trunks and Mai can live their live in peace in that timeline without the other Trunks showing up.

That's kinda what I took from it, too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I kinda want Frieza to violate the rules immediately and get disqualified. Then we never have to bother with him again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Goku is all worried about the universe with super heroes and everyone has forgotten about the ultra powerful assassin who can literally STOP TIME to beat the gently caress out of you. Hit could win this tournament alone.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

All he really has to do is freeze time and start throwing people out of the ring.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

sharktamer posted:

Do any of you want this new fighting game to be mostly "slice of life" stuff? I hope it's all just fetch quests and between every fight you have to farm Goku's field or something else boring like that for some reason.

Unironically!

Stardew Valley except Dragonball.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Spoilers from discussions of currently unaired episodes (wtf?): Why does everyone assume Krillin is about to kill someone accidentally? All I see is that he jumps to 18's rescue, "but then..." Am I missing a source somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The other summaries say he throws a destructo disc and the next episode summary says he's unexpectedly disqualified.

Ahh that's what I missed then, thanks.

• Locked thread