Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

But will you get to be an 18-type android, a 16-type Android, or a Cell-type Android?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So who are you guys hoping to hear for the dub version of Super?

Personally I'm hoping they get Jerry Jewell as Zamasu.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The talk of Broly further up reminded me.

Have any of you guys seen how Broly's creator's "review" of Battle of Gods was him talking about how Broly was a better character and totally scarier and stronger than Beerus?

It's hilariously sad.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Raxivace posted:

Eh I think that's a kind of ungenerous way of reading what he said.

From Kanzenshuu:
To me it sounds more like surprise that Toriyama didn't make a traditionally "scary" character in Beerus, as Koyama had tried to do with his the villains in his own movies, and wanting to know what people think as a result. It doesn't quite read like whining to me- he even tells people to go see the movie.

I dunno man. The part about how "Broly is reduced to a pushover" makes it all feel like sour grapes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think it's far easier to say Elder Kai was incompetent and he didn't know potara + mortals had a time limit before now.

Besides, this is more dignified than him separating because of Majin Boo's poo gas.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Raxivace posted:

There are people that hated this arc because they can't make sense of the power levels.

These people are fine with Piccolo being weaker than Nappa going to being as strong as first form Frieza by fusing with Nail, and then being as strong as Imperfect Cell, and thus final form Frieza, after fusing with a dude he left in the dust years ago.

Power levels don't mean poo poo, even when they treated them like a thing.

EDIT - and like, really, if anything the potara retcon makes the elements of the Buu saga work better, because honestly - if the air inside of Buu makes people unfuse, why does he still contain Fat Buu in his body? He should be unfusing HIMSELF. It doesn't make any sense, and it's far more justifiable here by saying Elder Kai is a freaking dumbass... which is itself an established part of his character.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Nov 13, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There's changing the way things work, and there's changing things that make no sense, because again, if Super Buu were full of fusion dispelling farts, he'd cancel out his own freaking existence. Because he's a fusion himself.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Is he not the result of Evil Buu absorbing Fat Buu? Given they discover Fat Buu contained in his body as a separate entity, that's basically a fusion.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Aurora posted:

Buu isn't a fusion unless you consider Cell one too, I guess

I mean, that seems reasonable, given it's perfectly possible to cause him to separate.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Animation isn't very good most of the time and the first two cours were mostly movie retelling, thus the show is objectively bad and change is something that never ever happens. Also hating something is way easier to get views on youtube.

The Universe 6 vs Universe 7 tournament is also pretty good! There's a really, really good Vegeta moment in it and then the hypest moment in DBS until this week's episode.

I honestly like the animated BoG arc now that I've seen it on CR. I mean, BoG is my favorite DBZ movie, but the Super version actually shows Beerus doing his job. I think showing just what being God of Destruction entails instead of just leaving it to increasingly meaningless threats adds more to his character and drives home just how much he operates on a completely different sort of morality.

BoG the film and Ressurection F just kind of play it safe in that regard. Beerus's job is messy, they should show that. And yet, the worst thing the movie allows him to do is tell FRIEZA to blow someone up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also, people keep going on about "how did Trunks master a technique he never used before"... when he didn't use that technique. The energy began to gather without his volition.

All he did was accept it and shape it into a form he'd seen Zamasu and Black use all season.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean seriously, the earth was the one who gave all that energy to him, he didn't even know it was happening until it was right above him

freaking KRILLIN could channel the spirit bomb once someone had done the job of collecting it for him

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

Krillin is a pretty darned talented fighter tho

and at one point Trunks was stronger than his dad.

I think they're both good to handle this.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

StrifeHira posted:

But they're both magically fused together? What makes the technique's magic different?

Is... is poo gas fusion-racist?

"Those Metamorans aren't sending us their best fusions. They're sending us their Chiaomans, and their Janks, not their Vegitos and Gogetas."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Trunks' first fight ends with him cutting a guy in half top to bottom.

His last fight ends with him cutting a guy in half bottom to top.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They used Vegito because two gods with potara were around and Gogeta doesn't exist

I mean Fusion Reborn is an excellent movie but

It's like asking why no one in Super is trying to go Super Saiyan 4

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

The Fusion Dance was used earlier in Super so it hasn't been retconned out.

The Fusion Dance also has a much harder limitation than Potara where using up intense power drops the time limit by a large amount even when it's just Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan Blue would give it .5 seconds of power probably. Even with the new Potara limit that still means it can actually be used by a Super Saiyan Blue instead of instantly falling apart.

If the Fusion Danced people would be whining about why did it last so long and THAT'S a retcon.

not to mention it comes with a risk of messing up and Vegeta has to get a stupid dance right on the first try.

And Vegito beating him up definitely has a point because it justifies the way he's ultimately defeated. By this point we've had an entire episode of Zamasu coming apart at the seams due to Vegito beating him up and his own contradictory existence coming apart. That's what makes Trunks, who isn't on the level of a god, but is still powerful, realistically able to beat him, because the story took the time to plausibly wear him down.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 13, 2016

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

this guy sounds like Droopy the Dog. It makes it more hilarious.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

He wasn't even a main character in the Cell saga, the saga that let him actually contribute.

So no.

Trunks is in the Cell arc what people say Gohan is to Super arc

and Trunks is the reason why ALL OF IT HAPPENS.

But no, let's give Gohan the "w". I love the Cell arc but that always bothered me.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think Eric Vale does a fine job but Kaiser isn't shabby at all.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Watching Kai and

Raditz posted:

I can't believe this child is the first to cause me such damage on the battlefield!

really?

Raditz must you even lie in your own internal monologue?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bloodly posted:

What do you mean? Who hit him worse before then? Are you counting the Beam cannon that was a miss?

Really, I'm just making fun of him.

"Raditz is a coward" honestly feels plausible. He's winning the fight with Goku and Piccolo at first but he never seems "in control" even at first like other villains, whether it's him freaking out about how they can "alter" their power levels or freaking out when Goku chases him with the Kamehameha Wave.

It's not overstated but it's more prevalent than the first times I watched this. Raditz not being a good fighter is more than just him being a precursor to stronger villains, he really is written like a bully who only gets by by being a big fish in a small pond.

I dunno. It makes me appreciate his character more.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Black and Zamasu did mention going on a killing spree where he took out the Supreme Kais and Gods of Destruction of every universe along with multiple planets.

I would assume given it's called "the zero mortals plan" it included Namek, given there are mortals there.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Man.

I've ever really ascribed to the whole "Chichi is a terrible wife and mother" thing because most of the stuff people harp on comes years later

But this thing at the end of the Saiyan saga where she leaps over her dead-for-a-year-husband who may very well be close to death AGAIN to fuss over her son, and then later gets pissy when Yajirobe rightfully points out she hasn't said but four words to him is legitimately

kind of

really awful

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean.

In this case Goku died because he was trying to save their son's life from the brother he'd never heard of, who gave him the ultimatum of wiping out the human race if he wanted his kid back. When they left that day Goku assumed he'd just be having an outing with friends.

This isn't like the gross irresponsibility that comes later. It feels legitimately cruel.

EDIT - and Piccolo was the ONE WHO KIDNAPPED HIM to fight the evil marauding space pirates. Goku had no say in it and Chichi still said "it's [Goku's] fault Gohan got wrapped up in all of this!"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I know it was a joke, but... it's not a particularly well executed one. It comes off as kind of cruel.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

"Capsule Corp's newest product, a death robot based off my best friend's wife and her brother and that green bug guy who Mr. Satan murdered."

That's preposterous and completely baseless in actual characterization

There's no way Krillin is Bulma's best friend

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay but imagine

Beerus and Whis have to figure out how to move a couch

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Man why did Universe 7 get saddled with all the incompetent gods

(Is there a SkoTime for each universe or one who just oversees all of 'em at once?)

because Majin Buu killed/ate all the good ones

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

got to the Frieza saga

it's so weird having this story move so fast. Dodoria is barely around very long at all

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So Arale came back before Lunch and she's not even a Dragon Ball character.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yes, as a guest character

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well then

where's she been in Super

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return, notable for being the introduction of Tarble and his lovely wife.

maybe Launch went with them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Chaiotzu lives with Tienshinhan.

They're very happy.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

In all seriousness

That world was hosed even if they stopped Zamasu without incident.

No Kais in any reality to create new life, and no Gods of Destruction to handle the other end.

It was kind of a mercy killing really.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why does everyone forget Turtle

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

God, even in Kai, Goku vs. Frieza goes on foreverrrrrr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

I kind of want an episode about how Yamcha loves everything about his life and is super happy and doesn't even know everybody thinks he's super lame, because he's rich, the 11th strongest man in the world, and has a crazy ripped body that women fall all over.

Just to be contrary.

Yamcha is a professional baseball player and has been doing so for at least 10 years now, and due to being trained into a literal superhuman, probably won't have to retire for ages.

Yamcha probably has more money than anyone in this cast not named Mr. Satan.

EDIT - wait, nevermind. According to an interview with Toriyama, he and Puar are freelance bodyguards.

That still sounds like something that'd make a lot of money.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 21, 2016

• Locked thread