Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

my og ipad mini 1 is still very needs suiting for streaming videos, but its very slow for pretty much everything else

thing is, there isn't really anything else i use my iPad for.
everytime i look at the app store its filled to the brim with note taking and task reminder apps, so i end up just going back into netflix.app

it would be p nice to have a retinal display and touch id, but what good is that for streaming dvd quality garbage over the internet?

someone help me get my finger on the pulse of today's hottest iPad apps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i also have an original ipad mini but i mostly have a hard time wanting to go from black to space gray

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

who gives a heck, op. if you need convincing then dont buy the new one.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

fart simpson posted:

who gives a heck, op. if you need convincing then dont buy the new one.

i feel like i'm missing something in this new app revolution
i want to do more with my iPad, but i just do the same old thing watching video

i just deleted a bunch of apps off my iPhone after realized i only use like 5 apps in total.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

who gives a poo poo its only like 1400 bucks thats a day or two of work

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i just deleted a bunch of apps off my iPhone after realized i only use like 5 apps in total.

same

my home screen isnt even full

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
op go read books

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
original ipad mini still running great here too

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
get an ipad pro and draaaaaaw like a pro

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

get an ipad pro and draaaaaaw like a pro

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you're on the fence you don't really want one, keep your oldpad until it dies

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

qirex posted:

keep your oldpad until it dies
bury me with my aluminum apple blocks

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my macbook air is super old so I'm considering getting an ipad pro just to try it out [and sell it for $100 less than I paid if I hate it]

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

qirex posted:

my macbook air is super old so I'm considering getting an ipad pro just to try it out [and sell it for $100 less than I paid if I hate it]

get a macbook gold edition

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

power botton posted:

get a macbook gold edition

naw screen is too small/low res

pram
Jun 10, 2001
buy a maccebooke pro

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
requisition on at work because what if i need to help somebody with one i'd better be familiar with it and then use it like twice and put it in a drawer with your other tablets you don't use

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I have a the new ipad and it's pretty good. i think the new one is lighter though and that would be cool

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
your ipad has 256mb of ram for fucks sake

p sure that trying to load all the trackers on the verge will crash safari

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
also the new ones are half the weight and one third the thickness so its comfortable af

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

the new ipad has 1 gigabyte of ram, it suits my needs

wish the speakers were better though

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

the og ipad mini isn't even a retina screen though, that poo poo sucks.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

actually,

the newest ipad is about the same weight at the original ipad

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

i didn't follow the thread but the new ipad seems kinda dumb and having a $99 stylus is haraam

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

poty posted:

your ipad has 256mb of ram for fucks sake

p sure that trying to load all the trackers on the verge will crash safari

ya, loading up safari and then trying to type something into the search bar is majorly laggy

whenever I think about using Safari on the 'Pad, I have to stop myself and fetch the Macbook.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
no don't

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

flip a coin. if u dont like the result of the coin flip, then u know

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731436&perpage=40&pagenumber=48#post450260934

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
op you pussy buy teh new ipad

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

pram posted:

buy a maccebooke pro

srsly, quit being a poor

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i feel like i'm missing something in this new app revolution
i want to do more with my iPad, but i just do the same old thing watching video

you arent missing anything. most people spend the vast majority of their time in only a couple apps. apps suck

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

fart simpson posted:

you arent missing anything. most people spend the vast majority of their time in only a couple apps. apps suck

the only thing worse than apps is seeing businesses on every corner selling people lessons to learn to write apps

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i like apps. all kinds of 'em. jalapeno poppers. quesadillas. coconut shrimp. loaded southwestern eggrolls

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
since you're apparently a moron, buying a new ipad would fit u perfectly

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

pram posted:

i like apps. all kinds of 'em. jalapeno poppers. quesadillas. coconut shrimp. loaded southwestern eggrolls

suddenly i have a craving for one of the cream cheese + jalapeno deep fried spring rolls at the weird restaurant that was just off campus in college

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ludwig van Halen posted:

my og ipad mini 1 is still very needs suiting for streaming videos, but its very slow for pretty much everything else

thing is, there isn't really anything else i use my iPad for.
everytime i look at the app store its filled to the brim with note taking and task reminder apps, so i end up just going back into netflix.app

it would be p nice to have a retinal display and touch id, but what good is that for streaming dvd quality garbage over the internet?

someone help me get my finger on the pulse of today's hottest iPad apps

tablets have only ever been for browsing the web (very slowly if on ios) while watching tv. if u are watching tv on the tablet then u are eliminating most of the usefulness of the tablet. why would you not just watch tv on the tv?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
ipads are great

if you're a loving childe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

tablets have only ever been for browsing the web (very slowly if on ios) while watching tv. if u are watching tv on the tablet then u are eliminating most of the usefulness of the tablet. why would you not just watch tv on the tv?

agreed but would like to add Reading the Newspaper While Watching TV which is my primary use altho sometimes i play a bust-a-move clone after i finish the paper if still watching TV (baseball use case)

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Robot Pride posted:

ipads are great

if you're a loving childe

sweet time for me to get an iPad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

url
Apr 23, 2007