Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
View Results

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

greatn posted:

He's the dead baby. And perfect in every way.

I guess that maes McCain the Organ Mechanic then

gently caress now I really wanna see this spoof.

Though I think Bernie and Hillary should be Max and Furiosa. O'Malley can be Nux :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Huckabee can play the guitar, so he's Doof.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Joementum posted:

former Governor of Arkansas - 5.571%

I didn't think I could hate this fucker more, but that is some shameful rear end plucking technique.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The candidates will be debating in front of a replica of Air Force One.

Thank you America, you truly are the best :911:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rear end cobra posted:

The candidates will be debating in front of a replica of Air Force One.

Thank you America, you truly are the best :911:

iirc they did this in 2012 as well

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

iirc they did this in 2012 as well

Probably stored the thing in Wolf's garage

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

Thump! posted:

I guess that maes McCain the Organ Mechanic then

gently caress now I really wanna see this spoof.

Though I think Bernie and Hillary should be Max and Furiosa. O'Malley can be Nux :v:

Nux too good for O'Malley.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It's part of the Reagan Library's lobby.

Also, there were 4,500 voters in the audience for the last debate. Tonight's audience will only be a few hundred GOP officials and party insiders.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Trump is gonna get lynched.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Joementum posted:

Also, there were 4,500 voters in the audience for the last debate. Tonight's audience will only be a few hundred GOP officials and party insiders.

cant let the unwashed masses in, theyll applaud too loud for trump

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

cant let the unwashed masses in, theyll applaud too loud for trump

exactly. that's actually kind of embarrassingly bush-league.

e: Bush-league

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

Joementum posted:

Many of these officials and party insiders will be sitting stony faced in response to the lunacy on display. La creme de la creme, watching their party's ongoing and systematic descent into madness. (I hope.)

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

"Mommy, PLEASE let me wear my big boy pants for the Loser's Debate!"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What's Rush Limbaugh saying about the debate. Because it matters.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
hmmm I wonder if Trump's statements will be perceived differently without massive applause following most of them.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Here's a fuckin' lol for you: after launching his campaign to Stump the Trump, Jindal will be using the same podium in the kiddie debate that Trump is going to use with the grown-ups.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Have we got some good drinking game rules yet?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Brigadier Sockface posted:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-official-gop-debate-drinking-game-rules-pt-2-20150916?page=2

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Bush with the unintentional(?) zing

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Over/under on "show of hands" questions tonight: 1.5

Now accepting bets.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Predicting they're going to say Trump lost and Carson/Fiorina were the big winners just like Fox did immediately after their debate. Data during the debate will show no interest in Carson or Fiorina, but after enough of the media saying they're the clear winners they'll both see another bump. Similar to the first debate. Exactly the same, in fact.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Baloogan posted:

Trump is gonna get lynched.

I want to see the helfire Trump lays down if they try to say he loses.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atoramos posted:

Predicting they're going to say Trump lost and Carson/Fiorina were the big winners just like Fox did immediately after their debate. Data during the debate will show no interest in Carson or Fiorina, but after enough of the media saying they're the clear winners they'll both see another bump. Similar to the first debate. Exactly the same, in fact.

Trump increased in the polls after the first debate. If everything stays the same and those three get post-debate bumps, the rest of the field will be polling at 0%. My money's on something stupid happening involving Christie, Paul or Huckabee.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Atoramos posted:

i doubt theyll go with carly or carson this time. originally they went with that to try and steal from trump to other "outsider" candidates, but that flopped when instead they only ended up stealing from the establishment candidates. my bet is Jeb is the fox "winner"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i doubt theyll go with carly or carson this time. originally they went with that to try and steal from trump to other "outsider" candidates, but that flopped when instead they only ended up stealing from the establishment candidates. my bet is Jeb is the fox "winner"

He has to put in a respectable performance to do so. If he's a mealymouthed bitch who Trump takes to the schoolyard, I think Fox starts looking back toward Christie and Kasich.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Here are my predictions:

Donald Trump: He'll have boned up on foreign policy enough to sound like he knows what he's talking about while still just shouting; the lack of crowd energy will hurt him, but even if he slips in the polls afterwards, it won't be anything near a death-blow.

Jeb Bush: He'll try to come off as energetic without being too aggressive, and it won't work.

Scott Walker: He has nothing to lose, with his numbers steadily dropping; he's all in this time, with everything he can muster about the evils of teacher unions in Seattle etc. Probably a moderate bump in the polls afterward, but nothing too encouraging for his donors. The audience is well-suited for him.

Ben Carson: His complete ineptitude/inability to perform on the public stage won't go over as well this time; debate is not his strong suit, and he lacks the capacity for bluster or misdirection to get away with it.

Ted Cruz: With Huckabee's and Trump's powers combined, he is the tea party's evangelic hope. But he will, as always, come off as a sniveling worm.

Marco Rubio: Rubio has everything to gain by watching as Bush and Walker sink themselves and he knows it; another solid, if unexciting, evening.

Mike Huckabee: KIM DAVIS CHRISTIANITY OUTLAWED ABORTION MURDERS *polls remain unchanged*

Rand Paul: He has nothing to lose; he's going to be swinging for the fences at anyone and everyone. It won't matter.

John Kasich: He has nothing to gain by saying anything outlandish and will continue to float along in the current, somewhat like Rubio but with less hope for establishment backing later on in the season.

Chris Christie: He also has nothing to lose; he's going to be swinging for the fences at anyone and everyone. It won't matter.

Carly Fiorina: Expect lots of braggadocio about being the only candidate bumped up to this round, bland references to business experience equalling foreign policy experience, and her being flustered by any attacks or criticism from moderators or candidates.

Xenophon has issued a correction as of 21:09 on Sep 16, 2015

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Xenophon posted:

Bush with the unintentional(?) zing

Patton Oswalt?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

I can't believe this is a three-hour shitshow. By hour 3 lets face it it's going to be boring as gently caress

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Are any goons going to the debate tonight?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Brigadier Sockface posted:

1. Start soon
2. Never stop.
3. Hey, lets not make this too complicated now

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Rocks posted:

I can't believe this is a three-hour shitshow. By hour 3 lets face it it's going to be boring as gently caress

From my experience it's typically around an hour and a half that the candidates lose energy and things get super boring. I'm hoping that there is a Trump card against this scenario this time.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

1. Start soon
2. Never stop.
3. Hey, lets not make this too complicated now

The debate is almost three hours. Pace yourselves, people.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Rocks posted:

you're in good company!

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
This circus should have been divided up into 3 rings instead of 2.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

It should be noted that each of the podiums will be roughly two feet apart from each other. Yes, Jeb and Trump will be an arms length away from each other.

Also what's the odds of one candidate slapping another on the back... lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bar Crow posted:

This circus should have been divided up into 3 rings instead of 2.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Trent Lott trying to build up Kasich is hilarious.

• Locked thread