Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Jeb Bush
Scott Walker
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Mike Huckabee
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
View Results

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

100% chance of Huckabee making a complete rear end of himself when they ask him about his retarded Dred Scott poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
This debate is gonna be three hours long? Jesus, hospitals better be ready for all the alcohol poisoning they're going to see tonight

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

100% chance of Huckabee making a complete rear end of himself when they ask him about his retarded Dred Scott poo poo

Or Syria

I just read on CNN, tonight's prime time debate is 3 hours. The last one was 2.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/gop-debate-2016-ben-carson-carly-fiorina-213672

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Are we doing the chat room again? Maybe add that to the OP, it's always a blast.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

BeefThief posted:

Are we doing the chat room again? Maybe add that to the OP, it's always a blast.

I'm stuck in meetings during the debate so I'd love to follow an IRC chat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
my predictions.

Trump will be loud and attack carson, fiona, and bush hard.
huckleberry and cruz will jerk off about gays and abortion and how we need to burn the muslim filth.
Then the band will start to play rains of castamere and trump's hitman will kill all the candidates while trump laughs and masturbates. cruz will be in on it and run off stage just as the band starts playing.

Edit:

honest predictions are trump will come out on top and there will probably be shifts in the lowere tier ranks. I think jindal and graham and christie are done.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 22:32 on Sep 16, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
What's everyone drinking tonight

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm hoping some desperate candidate goes nuclear tonight. Huckabee? Christie? Paul?

God willing Cruz kamikazes into Carson.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

got half a bottle of 43...three threads on auto refresh and cnn ready :f5: :munch:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I also would like to go to an irc room

I hear they do a lot of rp in those

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm hoping some desperate candidate goes nuclear tonight. Huckabee? Christie? Paul?

i think cruz is hoping to hang onto the trump coat-tails for a vp bid. Huckbee could go nuclear over all the religious bullshit he spews. The GOP views carson as a safer bet then the huck for several reasons. 1 he is black. 2. brain surgeion, and 3. he has the same insane beliefs as huckabee but he knows how to keep them quiet.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Looks like it's goin down in irc.synirc.net #poligoon...if you don't have a client use mibbit: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/

You'll probably have to click on Server and enter the server address, then channel #poligoon

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

My money is on Christie and Paul going insane right around the 1-hour mark and Huckabee finally joining them about 30 minutes later. It'll be a slow burn but a big boom.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Direct link. Also in the OP of both threads: https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Senf posted:

My money is on Christie and Paul going insane right around the 1-hour mark and Huckabee finally joining them about 30 minutes later. It'll be a slow burn but a big boom.

My actual bet is Fiorina.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Coors Light and plenty of it

you people with liquor are playing with forces beyond your ken

Senf posted:

If Huckabee gets onto the refugee crisis I'm going to have to shut it down for the night.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Senf posted:

I want to see Christie charge Paul from across the stage and start assaulting him.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

My actual bet is Fiorina.

Totally. But really though, who are we trying to fool? Everyone but maybe Cruz, Carson, and Rubio is likely to explode at some point. It's the Power of the Polls, man.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im hemorrhaging blood in anticipation

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i cant stop bleeding oh god why is there so much

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Darth123123 posted:

What's Rush Limbaugh saying about the debate. Because it matters.

Rush said today:

- knives will be out and targeted at Trump.
- This will be the last chance for many on stage to get attention. Most will try to do it by going after Trump. Others by being on Trump's side.
- Most will be in the "ATTACK TRUMP" camp.
- Fiorina has been given the task to assassinate Trump.
- They have something on Trump they haven't dropped yet - something big.
- The moderators will also target Trump.
- Thinks Trump should go after Carson. Carson can take it.
- Hates that the media is trying to protect Carson, thinks it's insulting. Carson is a big boy.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

liter can of Asahi

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Montasque posted:

Rush said today:

- knives will be out and targeted at Trump.
- This will be the last chance for many on stage to get attention. Most will try to do it by going after Trump. Others by being on Trump's side.
- Most will be in the "ATTACK TRUMP" camp.
- Fiorina has been given the task to assassinate Trump.
- The moderators will also target Trump.
- Thinks Trump should go after Carson. Carson can take it.
- Hates that the media is trying to protect Carson, thinks it's insulting. Carson is a big boy.

I love the idea that someone has something on Trump no one knows yet. He's been in the public eye for years, even the stuff from his ex-wives was published 25 years ago now.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Montasque posted:

Rush said today:

Trump has been untouchable by traditional standards thus far. He's gone after ARE TROOPS, an attractive Fox News anchor, and basically everybody else than looks at him funny.

It would have to be something as ridiculous as "We found a video of Trump jerking off onto your grandmother on live TV while eating a baby on 9/11"

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Riosan posted:

Trump has been untouchable by traditional standards thus far. He's gone after ARE TROOPS, an attractive Fox News anchor, and basically everybody else than looks at him funny.

It would have to be something as ridiculous as "We found a video of Trump jerking off onto your grandmother on live TV while eating a baby on 9/11"

"well, Jeb, I know I jerked off on that woman's grandmother on 9/11, but I've evolved since then"

polls go up by 35 points

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Here. We. Go.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
What's the over/under on someone bringing up the "Muslim terrorist school student who brought a bomb to school and how ARE POLICE SAVED THE DAY"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What's the over/under on someone bringing up the "Muslim terrorist school student who brought a bomb to school and how ARE POLICE SAVED THE DAY"

Unlikely since it's a foreign policy debate, but some stupid motherfucker will find a way to shoehorn it in. This entire evening is going to be an exercise in "look how goddamn stupid I am, just loving look at it"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
George Pataki: When I think of Ronald Reagen I literally cum in my pants.

Edit: oh it was playing the losers debate, ignore me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

George Pataki's platform: Reagan's dreamy smile

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

ah vegetarians

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm already two jumbo margaritas in, thank god for happy hour

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Lindsay Graham is an Emo-Warmonger.

EDIT: Oops wrong thread

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Graham's platform: WATCH ME START A WAR

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

mdemone posted:

Unlikely since it's a foreign policy debate, but some stupid motherfucker will find a way to shoehorn it in. This entire evening is going to be an exercise in "look how goddamn stupid I am, just loving look at it"
I admit, I'm genuinely curious if the differences between Iraqi/Syrian/Turkish Kurds will come up at all, or if generic "arm the Kurds" is all that will be said.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I'm already two jumbo margaritas in, thank god for happy hour

gently caress i wish i was drunk watching this!!!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Just put a new keg of Alaskan Amber in the kegerator :cheers:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I CALLED IT

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I've got two bottles of rum, a bottle. Vodka, and half a bottle of whisky. Gonna be a looooooong night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mdemone posted:

Coors Light and plenty of it

you people with liquor are playing with forces beyond your ken

You're right, more gin martinis for three hours of debate is probably a bad idea. Good thing I've got a bottle of Priorat sitting around.

• Locked thread