Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I can't be the only one who really disliked this episode. Not only do we have the already-too-long Bracken story line coming back after it was supposedly finished, everything in the episode points to Bracken just being part of an EVEN BIGGER CONSPIRACY whose size was already ridiculous in season 5. I'm guessing the chances of spydad being involved eventually are near 100%, too!

Then we have Hayley who is pretty fun when she's all :smug: but turns into a completely different person the second she hears that someone is in danger (as though she's never seen that before in her line of work).

Also Alexis is a detective now because lol I dunno I guess she just kinda felt like it? v:v:v Gotta keep her relevant to the show somehow!

And the cherry on top of the poo poo sundae is even more :qq: oh my god why doesn't my wife trust me :qq: relationship angst bullshit, replete with Beckett pulling the "I can't tell you anything and have to make you hate me because I love you" routine, which I don't think any show has ever done in an interesting way.

I guess I'll at least finish the two-parter, but if things stay this way I don't think this show has much of a future on my DVR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Finally got around to seeing Monday's episode and I think it's clinched my desire to never watch this show again. Let's see, how many ways was this episode terrible...

Everything involving guns in this episode was incredibly stupid. We had trained soldiers who can't hit their target in a narrow hallway, and when they get their targets to drop their weapons, they make stupid-rear end quips instead of loving shooting them. We had not one but two instances (in the same standoff even!) where the heroes had the advantage against the bad guys, but still dropped their guns when the bad guys told them to. And of course what saves the day is, as always, something that Castle originally did just to be cool and never actually intended to use seriously. That's fun when the episode is a fun one. This wasn't that.

Everything involving computers in this episode was also incredibly stupid. We had not one but two instances of stupid zoom-enhance bullshit that the show itself made fun of in the past. We had not one but two instances of "hacking" that the show described as though it were some trivial thing that anyone with a computer can pull off flawlessly. We found out that the government keeps all their secret documents in a database that you can basically just Google search. And this SUPER-ULTRA-MEGA-SECRET MEMO THAT HOLDS THE SECRET is... still sitting in the database, untouched, because a shadowy organization that can impersonate attorneys-general, effortlessly modify government records, and hire hit squads without a trace apparently isn't smart enough to delete a loving pdf.

The conspiracy has gone way beyond sensical proportions considering its members' stunning incompetence. Apparently buying one Senate seat with drug money wasn't enough; now we have, what, someone trying to buy the whole government? And despite the ability to do this without getting caught, we have conspirators who can't delete their SUPER-ULTRA-MEGA-SECRET MEMO, who think it's a great idea to murder people who have publicly declared on television to have evidence of said conspiracy, and who contact each other using their personal, traceable cellphones.

And as before, the cherry on the poo poo sundae is stupid loving relationship drama bullshit. We have Castle insisting he trusts Beckett implicitly, while at the same time acting like Beckett is a teenage daughter who has to tell him everything she does and why. We have Beckett saying that she needs some space, which is fine on its own, but then insisting that she has to investigate this conspiracy alone, because they will kill Castle if he knows about it... after he already knows about it. Oh, and by the way, until this case is solved, their marriage just won't work out and they have to be apart. WHAT!? How on earth does that even begin to make sense, beyond the writers deciding that Castle and Beckett aren't allowed to be happy unless it's the end of a season finale?

This is bullshit and I'm done. My wife says she'll keep watching. Maybe she can tell me if something funny happens.

• Locked thread