Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
The nicest thing I can say about any of these is that some of the cover artists should move onto a much better company. The fact they're all zombie books barely factors into why these books are terrible, they could be about anything and the writing and art on every book would still be terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Oh and despite these all being terrible I'm still pushing them on to unsuspecting customers.

Truly I am a monster.

It's okay Rhyno. Dude's gotta eat. Also, these comics are strangely entertaining so you're not totally being dishonest :v:.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Congrats Double Take, your thread reached page 2 before Valiant's current thread could. I guess it's not poo poo--

Fuego Fish posted:

Five second rule! It's still good!

nevermind.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I'm half-tempted to buy these comics just to say I have them. How much do these abominations cost per issue?

If you really want them here you go, about $18 plus shipping for all 10 issues. Per issue the #1s are $3 physical each so you save $12.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Hey guys remind me, at what point does a publishing company need to actually charge for their products?

Over the next few days, Double Take will have a free #2 for each of their series. If you're just learning about this now, you missed two already but I'm pretty sure the one with the swearing girl isn't one of them. So if anyone is curious to see if any lessons were learned from the #1 issues, now's your chance I guess.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

zoux posted:

So is this like a scam or a tax write off for somebody? Are they maybe using the company to front a money laundering operation?

Everything about Double Take just makes me think either Bill Jemas is a tactical genius who can bullshit so well he can get anyone to invest in his steaming hot turds and yet chooses to waste this talent writing nonsense comics, this is some sort of elaborate money laundering thing, or there is some country out there somewhere that his comics are catering hard to and we're just seeing what kind of comics are in demand in Transnistria or something.

Double Take is so weird and sketchy. It's a company that started as a subsidiary of a fairly large video game company, and none of the comics it makes has anything to do with the games. They in theory are in the universe of a dead film series but they have almost nothing to do with those films anyway. There's a deal to adapt one of these series into a film way too late to cash in on the peak of the zombie boom but also based on a book that nobody is reading and so nobody will be doing the free marketing for this movie. The company is headed by a guy mostly known for his incompetence and general (bad) weirdness, and has not changed. Barnes and Noble has now bought a bunch of issues of books from this company that don't sell well and keeps giving their poo poo out for free.

I don't know who I'd want to interview more out of this if given the chance: Bill Jemas to get confirmation this is a money laundering thing? Take Two Interactive to find out what Jemas has on them? Lionsgate to figure out if Jemas ticked them into thinking they were buying the X-Men instead of Z-Men? Barnes and Noble to ask how long they've been following accelerationism?:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

And they still are. I wonder if they'll break down and make a Jemas-is-Insane bundle for a $1 or something.

Also the #2s are all up on their website for free. I get promoting your stuff so people can try out your new comic book series, but I'm still not clear on how this makes money much less has movie deals and Barnes and Nobles deals.

• Locked thread