Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
What is Double Take?
Double Take is a new comic publisher spearheaded by former Marvel President (and controversy magnet) Bill Jemas. The initial launch of ten titles is being released on September 16, 2015. All first issues can be read online for free at the Double Take website. All ten titles take place in one common universe.

I have it on good authority that a goon works in the office too... :ssh:

What's with the panel-by-panel digital presentation?
Double Take's comics are designed for mobile optimization. They incorporate elements of stop-motion animation that give the stories a unique feel. Give it a try on your smart phone or tablet of choice!

What if I don't want a "unique feel?" Gimme my pages!
Double Take is also releasing comics in the traditional way. Print versions can be found in comic shops and retailers throughout the US. Issues can be purchased individually or in Genesis packs that contain all ten first issues of each series.

How come I've never heard of these writers/artists?
Many of Double Take's creators are new to comics. Others have worked for small publishers or independently. Other than Jemas, however, there aren't really any creators who could be considered "big names" (yet!). Let's all wish them long and highly successful careers in the field.

Read the Books Online!

Z-MEN #1

SPRING #1

HOME #1

DEDICATION #1

REMOTE #1

HONOR #1

SOUL #1

RISE #1

MEDIC #1

SLAB #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

:vince:

Rhyno posted:

OP, if you work at Double Take you should start looking for a new job.

:ohdear: Any resume tips?

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Are you any good at blowjobs?

Terrible at both giving and receiving.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Is the Double Take company man still here?

You guys got an excuse for why the newest issues were several months late? You guys blow all the money on hookers and coke?

Thanks for the question, friend!

Unfortunately I don't have a great excuse for you. Our "hookers and coke" budget is very strictly managed so I doubt that it played a role in our recent tardiness.

For everyone else, I encourage you to check out the latest (late) issues. Our second issues were better than our first issues. And our third and fourth issues are better than the first two sets.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

They should be returnable for being this late.

I'm not really the person to ask about that but I can put you in touch with the person who is.

Madkal posted:

Where is my "Swearing girl" spinoff?

Swearing Girl can be found in every issue of Home! Available now!

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Hey Goons.

Issue 5 of Swearing Girl (aka Home) is in stores now! As are the rest of the Double Take titles.

Enjoy!

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

catlord posted:

The first trades are coming out and 'Home' isn't one of them? loving bullshit. I need to get the last three issues, they just snuck up on me.

That article is wrong. Home is coming out as a trade.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
FYI goons, the trade paperback graphic novels are out now.

I know the response to the first issues here was full of, uh, constructive criticism. But for what it's worth the books improved from issue to issue and the graphic novels are full of improvements (especially to the artwork in the early issues of each series).

If nothing else, you can get the entire saga of Swearing Girl for $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Dave Barry books posted:

How does this work in print? Is it just still 6 pages of the same picture with minor changes?

The print version looks more like a regular comic book (non-ALL CAPS lettering aside - though this aspect tends to be a big negative for some). There is some repetition in the animated spots but it's not just a collection of the digital storyboards.

• Locked thread