Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every single one of these are poo poo. I can't even process the plots anymore, the books are just so terribly drawn and lettered that I can't understand half of what is going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
OP, if you work at Double Take you should start looking for a new job.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh and despite these all being terrible I'm still pushing them on to unsuspecting customers.

Truly I am a monster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Price Check posted:

:ohdear: Any resume tips?

Are you any good at blowjobs?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Price Check posted:

Terrible at both giving and receiving.

Sorry son, you've got no future in this business.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

While I guess you can applaud Doubletake for blatantly copying the Walking Dead, Crossed and pretty much every other zombie genre comic of the last 10 years.

A little bit of a fix for ya there buddy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So I read up on the kickstarter (yes, this was kickstarted) and apparently these are all supposed to take place during the original Night of the Living Dead. :psyduck:

I also read that but it sounds like they couldn't make that work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chaos Hippy posted:

I swear I haven't seen you post in at least a year, and this is what brings you out of hiding? I guess trainwrecks bring the world together.

He posts in the AR thread all the time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So it's pretty clear that they pulled a Cowboys vs Aliens with this as no Z-Men graphic novels exist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Here's an ad I just saw

Hahahahaha, love it.

Watching the sales fall on this company has been pretty hilarious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

What do the print versions look like, just page after page of nine panel layouts?

Essentially.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We've officially stopped ordering them as not a single one of the second issues has sold.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Can you send me a copy of the gently caress girl comic?

Yeah, which one is that again?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I don't know :(

Well there's no way I'm reading all of them to find out!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Heh, if you guys want to cover shipping I will promo out some DT books.

HOLY poo poo.

DOUBLE TAKE.

D T

DARK TZITZIMINE

It all makes sense now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Thanks, but I don't want free copies of the gently caress Girl comics.

OH YES YOU DO.

I'm putting a bounty out for Zoux's address right now and I'm gonna ship him all the gently caress Girl comics I can get my hands on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I haven't forgotten about gently caress GIRL comics, just been super busy. Will get on shipping them soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is the Double Take company man still here?

You guys got an excuse for why the newest issues were several months late? You guys blow all the money on hookers and coke?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Price Check posted:

Thanks for the question, friend!

Unfortunately I don't have a great excuse for you. Our "hookers and coke" budget is very strictly managed so I doubt that it played a role in our recent tardiness.

For everyone else, I encourage you to check out the latest (late) issues. Our second issues were better than our first issues. And our third and fourth issues are better than the first two sets.

They should be returnable for being this late.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They sent out sampler reprints of a few books, the first three issues for $3, in bundles of five.

And they were free.

This has to be a stock scam.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zachack posted:

Is Swearing Girl's swearing ever explained? I read the first issue and it's just ridiculous.

When you use a sweatshop to create your comics nothing make sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhyno posted:

OP, if you work at Double Take you should start looking for a new job.

Not even three months later. Everything this company released was garbage and there was clearly some manner of financial scam going on here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The real question is 'when can I get these sad issues for free or cheap before they vanish forever?'

I kid...they'll probably make it into cheap bins but I don't think anybody bought these at all.

They've been dumping their poo poo on shops for free, it won't be too hard to track down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I forget, did I mention all the free product these idiots kept shipping to shops? Ten free graphic novels under the agreement that we would destroy the single comics they collected (lol) and just a week ago a box of DOUBLE TAKE branded bags.

Too bad the bags were barely any bigger than a comic book and the hand holds were useless once you put any product in the bag.

Is it any wonder this company folded?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, they sent a bundle of ten trades (1 of each!) to any shop that carried their product with a letter saying pretty please throw away any remaining single comics and here's some trades in return.

I'm sure they'll attempt to send out invoices for them but most shops wisely just threw the books in the trash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

scuba school sucks posted:

Ah, the old "Cowboys and Dinosaurs" gambit.

Wasn't it Cowboys and Aliens?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chaos Hippy posted:

I'm pretty sure it was Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.

Nah. C&D spun out of Xenozoic Tales. Unrelated to Cowboys and Aliens.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those things were worthless but when the movie dropped we were selling them on Amazon for $35 a pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Wait, you were being serious?

Yup. The makers of that film sold the idea to the studio based on a mocked up cover and that was it. One of their claims was it sold X-thousand copies and then they had to prove it to get studio money so much like our friends here at Double Take they printed and shipped a fuckload of copies to every store via Diamond. And they were poo poo so most places threw them away. I squirreled them away to use as future freebies on FCBD but then the movie hit and the first prints that were considered garbage exploded in price. We made over $500 off that free garbage in under a week.

• Locked thread