Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
everyone here has probably read it but Riki-oh is a manga about a man who punches people so they explode and nazi's and jews or something i forget its been a while since I read it

everyone should read tough that i'm failing to find a good picture of that is like grappler baki but by the artist who did riki-oh and the art is vastly improved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yeah i meant compared to riki-oh but the baki art also improved a lot

edit: i watched some of the planetes anime and can't remember where I got to but it was very different to the manga and everyone should read that

Jose fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 16, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

someone link one of the pages of gash bell with the funny faces since i've no idea where to find them

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

Regarding Korean and Chinese comics/webcomics, I'll permit their inclusion since there's really no other place on the forums to discuss or share them that I'm aware of besides one or two threads in here, but I have to be honest and say with two exceptions I've never seen anyone post anything evenly remotely interesting in either of these two categories. There may be a wealth of good Korean and Chinese comics, but their proponents thus far have not done a great job promoting them in any engaging way.

they're generally a lot more static outside of rare examples so hard to find a good page from or just barely translated so bad to share. i really like tower of god but i'd struggle to find a good page or couple of pages that would be particularly interesting that i can think of

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

clover is a dumb manga about high school kids kicking the poo poo out of each other and i assume the guy who makes it was an assistant on crows or something but i find them entertaining for some reason

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its been years since i read it. has it been finished and is it possible to work out who characters are because i remember thinking too many people looked the same

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

worst is another dumb manga about high school kids kicking the poo poo out of each other

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

national quiz is a great manga everyone should read but i can't find a good panel of it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A Monstrous Crow posted:

Weirdly enough, that's exactly what I came here to post.

National Quiz

thanks and i hope everyone who reads it enjoys it because it owns a lot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you should translate the other 23 chapters for the rest of us imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yuusha ga Shinda is a pretty dumb manga but it makes me laugh now and then

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blhue posted:

No that was just an old adtrw fan-theory so people could read a smutty thing without thinking they were weird

i think that was mostly just dickeye and there is definitely something wrong with his brain

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

everyone should read baki, imo, but watch the anime of the first series since its actually finished

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've started reading dungeon meshi and its good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tough is good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

makoto raiku has a new manga out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

cats are bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kengan Asura/Ashua is a dumb as hell fighting manga told from the perspective of an old salary man and it owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jon joe posted:

Thank you for this, it is absolutely incredible.

its really good and i hope more people read it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the guy who made ichi the killer made another hosed up manga? i for one am shocked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm rereading gash bell and already looking forward to all the stupid faces

Jose fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 29, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it also ramps up each major arc well which a lot of shonen stuff struggles with

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm rereading the breaker and its good if you like bad rear end old men. this is from part 2

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That Works posted:

Breaker New Waves is best read as a proverb on respecting your elders.

a comment on korean society it fumbles completely lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tower of god is good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Origin is boichi as hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

golden kamui is good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

everyone should read lone wolf and cub imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd not recommend trying to read it if you're tripping balls it wasn't very pleasant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Are korean manhwa respected in Japan? Or is it like "ugh, we're not reading this foreigner stuff".

i read the webtoons tower of god, noblesse, god of high school and the gamer. you'll find you might not like them all but god of high school is really god action and tower of god is really good generally

i read these all through the webotons phone app while making GBS threads at work

• Locked thread