Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

You want good Chinese comics?

Feng Shen Ji, everything you ever wanted out of epic martial arts shounen. (Except, y'know, from China.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Namtab posted:

im namtab

but how's your gas mileage

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sharkopath posted:

Groundless.

But what are they lying on then

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Relin posted:

It's so much better than what Genshiken turned into

Unfortunately, this isn't difficult.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That's because Crunchyroll licensed it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Captain Invictus posted:

The chapters for yandere kanojo on kissmanga go 1, 1.5, 2 2.5 etc, should I read them like that or are the .5s remakes of the original 4komas?

They are two concurrent but distinct publications which share mutual canon. Read both.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'd say same time is fine.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Cool grandpa is a close second though.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It depends greatly on the temperament of the individual dog and the breed. (This is also true of cats, really.)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sarcophallus posted:

Sahara the Flower Samurai

Second chapter came out today! This is from the first, but it's good, so read it I guess.

I suggest not hotlinking so you don't get a dead image.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It's got some very heavy stuff going on - suicidal ideation, social isolation, depression, the difficulty of trying to make amends - but is really well written.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ is the uplifting and goofy shounen sports manga about ballroom dance that is written by the author of noted psychological comics Molester Man and Onani Master Kurosawa. It's a really fun look at competitive dancesport that I have been enjoying a lot, especially since the translations started up again. The art is great, it's pretty goofy and silly, and yet it does also grasp a lot of mindset of the people involved really well, particularly the main character and his partner, who are each small, timid kids who are learning confidence from ridiculous (yet not unrealistic) ballroom dancing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The best I can say about that comic is that it is only mildly irritating when it's irritating and at one page per update, it is something that passes time.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ytlaya posted:

My feeling is that while it's not quite as good, it's still really great and I highly recommend both. I think it fits a bit of a different niche; Ballroom e Youkoso has better art and the dancing itself is done better, but "Sesuji wo Pin! to" has more endearing characters and tells a more "down to Earth" story where the MC doesn't have some special talent and isn't quite as focused on winning (which isn't to say the protagonist doesn't want to win, but not to the normal shounen extreme).

edit: Also I like the protagonist's partner in "Sesuji wo Pin! to" more than the partner(s) in Ballroom e Youkoso.

Pretty much this - the characters are better in Sesuji but the plot is much less urgent and pressing. The art is cuter and more goofy, but the dance is communicated less well.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

so do they make out after he takes the boat

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

okay but why is that man hugging one of the rhinos from Babar

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I have no idea what it is, but I watched Babar more than I read Cerebus.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yes. I understand it began as a gatcha game, like Puzzle and Dragon or Fire Emblem: Heroes.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Tenchi Muyo?
Nisekoi?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ryuutama got translated, yes. It's very cute.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Re:Monster is the worst isekai

And that's saying something.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hellsau posted:

It cannot possibly be worse than Shield Hero.

It actually is, when i looked into it, the main character raping people into loving and obeying him was a standard part of the formula.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That Works posted:

For more realistic fighting type stuff there's:

Shamo (although it ends up getting bad about halfway through)
Teppu
All-Rounder Meguru

All of those are pretty good with action stuff. You could argue that Holyland belongs on that list but it's not everyone's favorite.

There's also Holyland, if you feel like also reading about depression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

RabidWeasel posted:

Teppu has a virtually all female cast, All Rounder Meguru is maybe 1/4 to 1/3 female. They beat the poo poo out of each other just as well as the dudes :v:

Also out of the dudes, I'm pretty sure Maki can take Meguru.

• Locked thread