Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

i hate when people post cool extended sequences from cool looking comics, ps heres a random single page from some ugly ameritrash,

He's got a point, though. New thread rules are good, but a fair number of the multipage posts have been from people who either really have no idea what constitutes an interesting self-contained sequence, or else they're intentionally disregarding the spirit of the thread and just using it as an excuse to fanboy out and post stuff that they know isn't going to mean anything to people who aren't already reading it.

Much like that accusation against KSBD fans a few posts up. :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

its the same thing with youtube threads dogg, almost nobody reads or watches anything that gets posted

Uhhh, no, that's not true at all.

l33tc4k30fd00m posted:

I've found a lot of really good mangas from lurking these threads just fyi.

:agreed:

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Despite ADTRW's asinine obsession with perfect formatting, I think this comic is quite enjoyable and I thank you for posting it. Someone called it 'Korean Yotsubato' and so far I feel like that's pretty accurate. The amount of white space is as uselessly annoying as ever, but the art is acceptable and the characters are good.

Then again, I'm the kind of person who, despite not liking Comic Sans, can still manage to read it without having a frothing seizure or posting autistic diatribes about it on the internet, so take this recommendation as you will.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
I read the Overlord manga, never made it very far past the assassin arc.

My problem with it was that it tries to do the whole "villain protagonist" thing without any of the features like humor, charisma, or interesting flavors of twistedness necessary to make you want to read about someone being a prick. It leads with him exploring the area and being an rear end in a top hat to people worse than him, which was fun, but that veneer drops off pretty quickly and then it's him just being an rear end in a top hat, period. Overlord fans are quick to say "you don't understand, he's meant to be the bad guy, that's the point". But see, I'll watch stuff like Tanya the Evil- just to pull out a fairly recent example- because it's fun and funny to watch her struggle out of her latest lovely situation, and there's even a hint of character development going on. Overlord leaves all that business by the wayside in favor of this trash dweeb running around inflicting edgy-as-gently caress cruelties with his cheat stats while his histrionic fan club fawns all over him, and I could not give less of a poo poo.

Also it's got the most stilted, awkward excuse for a sense of humor and a cringe-inducing idea of what's cool. I mean what the gently caress kind of name is "Ainz Ooal Gown" anyway, it sounds like someone tried for "vaguely arabian" but ended up at "alinguistic vocalizations of someone with tragic neurological problems" instead

• Locked thread