Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I actually did some metrics on this with our last book. We took 11 short stories from our first anthology, each between 4 and 10 pages, and publicly shared them. We then tracked page views across the stories, and we found that almost all comics had 50% dropoff after page 4. Typography matters a lot too - a story with small print and lots of text sees dropoff on page 2. Our most successful story had a 40% completion rate, but most averaged between 25% and 30%.

I'd 3-4 pages is pretty much the largest sample you can expect a casual audience to care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

The Dragon's School is on The Top of The Mountain

Back in May, the woman behind Delicious Dungeon put out another anthology, and as with all her work, it's fantastic.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

For clarification, this was put out in 2011 and is basically her earliest published works. The translation (of the chapters that are out) is what happened in May this year.
Ah, I didn't know that. I stand by my assertion that it is fantastic, and I hope someone translates the rest of it soon!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

The Grand Blue guy really knows how to put together a page.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Like all her comics, it's really, really good.

• Locked thread