Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm making this face: :goleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It's My Life.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ad Astra.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Is there anything else in the vein of Ad Astra or Historie?

Hitoshi's Heureka is the only other ancient historical comic thats been translated much at all that I know.

Theres an old shoujo one volume work about Hatshepsut that I've never read though.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Oh theres Yas's one volume about Alexander, Alexandros.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

AgentHaiTo posted:

The last page of this chapter was loving badass. Like I swear I heard some heavy metal guitar.

I don't think the takeaway from any part of Groundless should be how badass it is.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Unironically, yes.

rello is a one person machine of a translator.

on the other hand he also doesn't need a team to do cleanup because instead of scans he can just use already clean digital releases since all the stuff he's done so far was published online.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Translations are just the words right? Because that's all I'm talking about. I read HELCK and I don't have a lot of 'Oh this could be worded better' or 'That sounds kinda off' throughout it.

Hes also doing the typesetting and stuff too, placing the script in the right bubbles and erasing japanese text that would overlap it. Some groups have that as a separate person.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Wow drat. Good thing the scans are of a high enough quality that he doesn't have to worry about that at least.

Yeah the difference to teams working from paper books is pretty big

Is what a raw page scan looks like, washed in either grey or yellow and full of small defects in the paper stock and ink printing. The amount of work scanlators go through to get clean looking white pages can be a ton and even goes down to somebody who might need to redraw parts of the lineart for clarity.

Some teams do way too much of the redrawing and post processing to get the page clean and it looks ugly though, i think. Rello doesn't have to worry about any of this.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The best thing i can say is thats its funny as heck and good. The best daily updated 4koma for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nerdz posted:

How does it stack up to ballroom e youkoso? that's the golden standard for ballroom dancing manga.

Which is sad, because anything by BKUB is leagues above it.

bkub is chapter based, not daily

darn noobs

• Locked thread