Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I vaguely remember someone talking about the Order of the Stick in the Overlord thread - or maybe it was some other Z-list anime, whatever. Anyways, that's a comic that's got an evil lich overlord that's much better done, although the exact circumstance is difference (Order of the Stick's Xykon was a random mage who became powerful just by following his whims and killing things that got in his way, Overlord guy who's name I can't be bothered to remember's background has been discussed).

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Eponymous posted:

Edit: And on the other hand, Re: Monster is so goddamned terrible in every way. Avoid avoid avoid.

Why's that? I assume it has nothing to do with the manga Monster, as an aside? :v:

I've heard of it in passing, but it's kinda hard to keep all these terrible, typically rape filled, light novels straight.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Just to reiterate

Read Teppu

Teppu owns but the writer got sick and had to end it early... :(

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I mean this thread's only 44 pages.

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea, the problem with something liek gantz is taht everyone eventually feels compelled to epxlain all the mysteries, and then it gets bad.

Like, cant we ever just have a wierd setting thats just wierd and we dont need to go into detail about how the Island is actually purgatory when telling stories? 99% of the time explaining your crazy setting ruins the story.

...Did you have a stroke while writing this?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 30, 2017

• Locked thread