Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Distant Sky

A horror Manhwa which is very comparable to Dragon Head. Much more interesting apocalypse scenario, but somewhat less deep and engrossing themes.

It's in a web Manhwa format, so make sure you read it with a viewer that can display all the pages at once vertically (Kissmanga, etc).

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Don't read it on Kissmanga. It has an actual legitimate official English version at webtoons.com so read it there.

What sucks is that a few chapters of Distant Sky actually have music, but this apparently didn't get added to the Webtoons.com version. Which is strange, cause I'm sure Webtoons.com has that capability. They're using it for the Chillers series, which y'all should check out. It's an anthology of horror one-shots by Naver artists. With animations and BGM.

Here's an example from Chapter 6. Gotta scroll a bit down before you can hear the music. The translation includes the Story, Art, and Produced by parts but not the Music by part, and is missing the BGM as well.

Music might not work on Chrome, in which case you should try IE cause Koreans live by that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

I dunno, just good funny stuff like Tomo-chan Wa Onnanoko or Hakoiri Drops. They don't have to be 4komas though, I just ended up finding them more often than not somehow.

Hazuki Kanon wa Amakunai.
Hadi Girl

Hadi Girl might be less your thing but I think you'll really enjoy Hazuki Kanon.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blhue posted:

man we haven't had any new chaters of Hazuki since november.

I die a bit inside every day.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

It's time I contributed something too.

Nomi Joshi

Pretty much anything translated by z0glin here is worth reading, yeah.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

Truthism is dead, it's now officially My Monster Secret, Truthism was just the name people came up to shorten the english version of the japanese title

The first english volume came out recently, if you enjoy the series go grab it, it's like 8 or 9 bucks on amazon

How is it dead when it's a nickname.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Captain Invictus posted:

Why would you still call it truthism when it's got a perfectly fine real name now!

For the same reason I call people by their nicknames when they have perfectly fine real names!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pavlov posted:

Oh good, feel free to call me 'Pavie-chan' then.

I'm going to call you Pavlover.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

you know all those sci fi books, movies and games where humans gently caress with an alien they shouldn't have hosed with, send in the marines and get slaughtered?

here they gently caress with about 20 different kinds of aliens

This was really goo, finished it in one sitting.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I couldn't really get into Helldivers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Anatharon posted:

Sorry about your bad taste.

You aren't the first to tell me this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People who think Earth Defence Force is good should play Earth Defence Force because unlike all the other people in this thread I believe people should be able to enjoy the games they want to!!!!

• Locked thread