Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, this explains why he wasn't willing to attack that one awakened hero. His friend probably didn't have a choice and certainly isn't in control of his actions now.

I think he knew that they respawn when killed and will only grow stronger for it.

Is there a Helck thread yet? I guess I can just go look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Sahara the Flower Samurai

Second chapter came out today! This is from the first, but it's good, so read it I guess.

Sarcophallus fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 29, 2016

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Bushmeister posted:

The author of Bio Meat has a very... interesting tendency of drawing villainous NPCs physically ugly, giving them motivations that amount to "evil for evil's sake" and then getting gruesomely killed, while the handsome protagonists escape by the skin of their teeth every time.

This is a concurrent theme in all of his series.

This is a recurring theme in fiction.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Dr. Stone

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Cease to Hope posted:

Dragon Ball Z

Everyone should read the Dragonball manga.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Doc Hawkins posted:

Can now confirm.

The next pages are also fantastic. Kimetsu no Yaiba is presently in my top 3.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

RareAcumen posted:

People were nice enough to go into Re:Monster's crimes. Is Kingdom also bad? I see that one come up kinda often.

Kingdom is Good.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
So long as they keep showing up in Kimetsu no Yaiba I'm going to keep posting these mice.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Mentat Radnor posted:

Have you read Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction? It guess it's pretty real-worldey most of the time, but it's a sci-fi that mostly centers around the lives of a few high school - college age people living in a near future Tokyo with a giant alien spacecraft hanging over the city and occasionally sending down "invaders". There's a smattering of violence and action once you get into it further, the plot builds well, the author (Inio Asano, amazing artist) gets into a lot of cynical political/social commentary, and the characters are really fun. One of my favorite ongoing series, though it might end in some horribly depressing way like the authors' other work.

edit: Seconding Nate's rec below, Yona is a great fantasy series.

I started on it when it came out, but gave up eventually because the plot felt so convoluted that it was just too big of a tangled mess to try to follow. Could be a translation issue, or a brain issue, or a manga issue, I don't know. Otherwise Inio Asano does really good (and depressing) work and the art is always real fun.

Oyasumi Punpun is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

i read the webtoons tower of god, noblesse, god of high school and the gamer. you'll find you might not like them all but god of high school is really god action and tower of god is really good generally

i read these all through the webotons phone app while making GBS threads at work

You should add Magician to this list.

• Locked thread