Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Keyman by Warai Naku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Choujin Gakuen by Yousuke Kokuzawa

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jabberwocky by Masato Hisa

(scans are stalled halfway through though...)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stravaganza ~Isai no Hime~ by Akihito Tomi

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

+ tic Neesan by Cha Kurii

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lol, is that just a straight up american webcomic?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so in practice, 3 is probably the upper limit. which is good to know assuming we want people to actually check things out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

As a largepost maker it's a bummer to hear they're getting/are more likely to be ignored, but I suppose I could stand to find a better page vs context balance.

Shiori Experience - Jimi na Watashi to Hen na Oji-san by Machida Kazuya

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

It's incredibly good, but hard to encapsulate in a few pages I feel. Read 2/3 of it over again this weekend trying to find pages for this thread, Crow's were some of the better candidates.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

three random pages...? i don't understand

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

why even post it here if you're not going to name it and instead just go :wtc::japan:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

NAME REDACTED posted:

... what was this

pretty sure that's TerraFormars

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Ainu Anus Patrol: Real Dogs of Japan

woah, a Golden Kamui/Naruto crossover??

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AFO Guard is another cute serial 4koma

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Somali to Mori no Kamisama

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dabir posted:

Is this by the Bobobo artist?

not according to MangaUpdates. they've just done Nekowappa! and the one Sharky posted, Pochi Kuro

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shimanami Tasogare

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean, women can voluntarily be single and/or childless. i think the industries would be less female friendly just because they're boys clubs rather than not having pretty universal things like free time or m/paternity leave.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ccs posted:

Stuff that's considered universal in most industries is not considered universal in the world of animation/vfx/games.
https://vfxsoldier.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/where-are-the-women-in-vfx/

i mean universal in the sense that the lack of it affects both men and women.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm not criticizing it or anything, but doesn't it feel like there's like...a Dad genre of manga? I feel like I keep seeing many series where it's like "DAD AND HIS CUTE DAUGHTER DO THINGS. MOM IS DEAD/GONE/WHATEVER." What's up with that? Like, the Yotsuba effect.
doesn't feel like it's ever sons either. :( no love for father-son antics I guess.

we've got an entire thread devoted to dad manga
dads with daughters seem cuter to me, maybe that's why they're more common in manga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Handa-kun is Sakamoto but actually good.

and the boys in it are cute

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it really should've ended by now. this dragged out ending has already impacted my enjoyment of the series as a whole.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Zai x10

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sukeban chainsaw is cool, because the art is good and it's trashy like a grindhouse movie. but i won't force anybody to read or like it, so that's cool too

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't think reincarnation as a premise/plot element is usually the bad thing, it's the isekai power fantasy aspect a lot of series integrate with it. see above post where it's just reincarnation without isekai and perfectly fine. same for Shut Hell.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nerdz posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a manga where a boy and a girl like each other but they're too proud to admit and want to be the one confessed to, so they get involved in crazy mind games.

Does it ring a bell to anyone?

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=121872

Viz just announced they're licensing it for Shonen Jump here, volumes will probably follow at some point.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the reason i liked the overlord anime was because the early episodes had a lot of bits where Ains' humanity was in opposition to what his murderous npc children wanted to do, so he had to find ways to hide that or reason out his actions in a way they would accept. unfortunately it was not a family sitcom about trying to keep your demon children in line, so i dropped it 2/3 in.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

Sorry about the delay, but it is Maou Kyoudai. Seven Seas recently licensed it, but that release is still a ways out I think.

lmao, i love how scans coincide with the license announcement

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Hahaha I remember when people kept saying, "No, this one's good you guys! It's not just otaku wish fulfillment!"

Isekai.

the problem isn't wish fulfillment junk, it's that the comic is just one character thinking to themselves as they act out a grindy rpg playthrough.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, and there's the one where the guy becomes a sword, except he also gained the ability to manifest as a person. And the one where the guy became a slime, except he also also gained the ability to manifest as a person. pthtbhbthb

why wouldn't a slime be able to change form tho
i like slimeguy because he wasn't a useless pos in his human life, and spends his monster one being dad to a growing village of monsters/random adventurers

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm late to the recs I guess but Choujin Gakuen is a short and sweet shonen with some good action.

AnonSpore posted:

Sorta tooting my own horn but Shigurui does action really really well if you're okay with the extreme gore and homoeroticism that goes with portraying samurai culture.

The anime of it is really good too, though more for atmosphere than the action.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the idea of a quintessential recommendation just seems annoying to me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

khy posted:

I would have agreed before I had read Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa. Now that I've read that I can recommend it to anyone just because of the reaction faces alone.

between Kurosawa above and now this suggestion of Monster Secret, the thread has gone two for three on reinforcing my belief in my post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Plutonis posted:

They need to edit Helck out of the OP because I found it to be incredibly mediocre after sixty chapters or so. I can't seem to care about it.

exactly this

• Locked thread