Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
4 Cut Hero is a korean manwha about the hero who defeats the demon king and then becomes a shut in. The defeated King's subordinates seek revenge and hijinks ensue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Sakamoto desu ga?

Bayonetta's son is the most popular boy in High School.

This was an amazing read and each chapter left me wondering if he's an alien or just pure magic.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

Kuutei Dragons

Getting some monster hunter tri flashbacks from this one.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This was interesting but I feel like it needs a follow-up chapter or something.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Good series.

Dungeon Meshi

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

A third chapter of this just dropped and it's kind of incredible how quickly it went into NWS territory, complete with a literal tentacle rape/impregnation monster(its express purpose, even) who killed the women it impregnated for getting cranky, played for laughs, and then moves on to a regular goofy chapter like it's nothing.

first two chapters were decently funny but this one's got some preeeety uncomfortable humor in it.
Oh wow, I completely missed that's what he meant by "blow them away". I don't know how but that's a thing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

Somebody post the vid of the guy getting choked out for the memes

What series is your avatar from?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So to add to the pile of "Cute girls doing _______" I present Quick Start!! A story of a group of girls playing Japanese Tabletop Roleplaying games.
It's basically a 4-koma style advertisement for games made by FarEast Amusement Research (F.E.A.R).

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pavlov posted:

I've always wanted to see someone play some japanese TRPGs. There's supposedly some really weird ones but I could never find any good translations.

That comic looks really boring though.

The comic has it's moments and it's definitely worth a cursory read.
Any JTTRPG's you've been looking for in particular?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Boichi is one of the more polarizing artists I've followed. He's technically amazing with his ability to draw details and humans. He has a good grasp of paneling and composition and can really set a mood. But then he'll utterly fails to draw any female and they wind up looking like aliens.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

stop posting the same manga every page jesus christ

eagle: the making of an asian american president

I remember reading this back in high school. Was pretty good but I never finished it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hellsau posted:

It cannot possibly be worse than Shield Hero.

Re: Monsters is definitely worse. It's a story that has a man basically ascend to the position of "demon Lord" that always appears in these isekai stories by way of DragonQuest. Except the author tries to frame the main character as an admirable and morally righteous character. It's already been mentioned about the rapey nature of the story but allow me to elaborate. The main character is born into the goblin race, said goblins instead of using their own females breed with human women. Not by choice since they are an uncivilized and monstrous race. Main character once he gets old and strong enough mercy kills the battered and broken women (one of whom was his mother) and puts an end to the whole practice. So you would think that this means he'll try and find another way to handle the birth rate since kidnapping is off the menu right?

No. instead the program switches to a combination of abusing P.O.Ws and utilizing an ability he later gains to secrete various substances to create the type of aphrodesiac that only exists in hentai logic. So anyone captured gets doped with the stuff and locked up in such a way that they will eventually succumb to their desires and "consent" to being a pleasure partner for the tribe. This is unironically treated as good and every single victim eventually comes to like their situation no matter how unwilling they were when they got into the cave. Not to mention the original band of women gravitating to him through Stockholm syndrome even before the drugs started flowing.

The problem with Re: Monster is that the main character is the poster child for Gary Stu. Everything goes his way he never gets set back by anything. Injuries work out for him, loss turns into even greater gain. He gets as many powers as problems he will encounter and then some. And the story bends over backwards to have people stoke his ego and sing his praises. And he's always got the next evolution or powerup that "hasn't been seen in a millenia" and is favored by the gods themselves.

Shield Hero is edgy and filled with idiots to make Naofumi look good by comparison; but his story is not on the same tier of bad as Rou's. Re: Monster is on the same level as Maou no Hajimekata and Dungeon Seeker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

dogsicle posted:

the idea of a quintessential recommendation just seems annoying to me

My brain always shuts down when I try and pick a single series to recommend to people. Too many criteria to consider.

• Locked thread