Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Magus42 posted:

You make it sound like it's over; it's still going.

Pretty sure it's more of a 'I've read all there is of this but I still want more' type of feeling, like everyone who reads HELCK gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Bro Dad posted:

The Golden Sparrow

Is there anywhere to read this where there isn't an incredibly tacky watermark on every page?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I liked what I saw in the current chapters, but what's this Koe no Katachi manga all about?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Scrree posted:

Houseki no Kuni (Kingdom of Gems) is a pretty cool manga about androgynous immortal gem people living in a distant post-apocalyptic earth.

It got a whole bunch of chapters put out in the last month after a big gap in releases, so that's why I'm posting about it now. Read it if you like action, mystery, exploring the differences in the lifestyles of non-humans, a protagonist who has become essentially a living ship of Theseus over the course of the manga, and a whole roster of interesting side characters.

Her name is also Bort.

This is pretty interesting but unfortunately the translation quality seems to steadily downgrade the further you go, so it might just be best to wait for the official translations to come out.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Yeah, from a quick check of the WN (I haven't read it, just searched for a certain skill Kumo got recently) the manga has taken about a year to cover approximately 65 chapters, 16% out of a current 402 (300 translated) chapters, and without doing anything with the side story chapters.

Last I checked the web novel was fully translated for what's been released so far, with a different group picking up where the original (terrible) translation left off. I'd describe the current translation as decent at best, but it's still a huge improvement.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Namtab posted:

The blastron translation is actually better than turbos

I hadn't heard of that translation before but if it turns the translations Turbo did from a barely readable mess into something actually good I'll have to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Lot of people with bad opinions about Helck on the previous page.

• Locked thread