Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

With the new rules I'm spared attempting to pick a single page for Ou Dorobou Jing/Jing: King of Bandits. Good.

Wildly imaginative series featuring episodes of a master thief in a strange, fantastical world. I first read it in middle school. Still one of my favorites, and highly underrated. The anime adaptation really didn't manage to capture the whimsy of the manga. It seems the only scans available are actually from the Tokyopop release, so if you can pick that up I'd recommend it. It was hard picking just one sequence.

Nijigahara Holograph

Probably one of my favorite pages from any manga.

Finally. 20th Century Boys. My favorite manga. This is the sequence that hooked me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Jing was really good when I read it. Was the follow up, Twilight Tales any good?

I haven't given it a second shot, but I never really liked it as a kid. The art style lost a lot of the grit that I enjoyed and it got a little cutesy, plus it felt like plot- and setting-wise it lost some of its imagination. That could have just been my perception back then, though.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Davincie posted:

josei horror comedy shorts. think franken fran. lots of gore, lots of nudity

Binged this this morning despite it being nothing like I usually would touch. Bizarre, grotesque, surreal, and utterly fascinating. Thanks.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This was fantastic. Thank you.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

As sad as that is, that ending was absolutely fantastic to me. Something about it has just stuck with me. One hell of a read.

• Locked thread