Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this seems cute, just popped up on kissmanga.

Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

You've flipped the manga title with the url address and now the link doesn't work.
yeah, fixed it. thanks.

Davincie posted:

leave it to the experts
Davincie, expert at terrible bad habits!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Truthism is dead, it's now officially My Monster Secret, Truthism was just the name people came up to shorten the english version of the japanese title

The first english volume came out recently, if you enjoy the series go grab it, it's like 8 or 9 bucks on amazon

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

How is it dead when it's a nickname.

Why would you still call it truthism when it's got a perfectly fine real name now!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You should really, really try again. The initial chapters are not indicative of what it ended up being, every chapter now is fantastic, somehow managing to keep being great despite using some similar gags repeatedly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Make an account and bookmark things instead of tab hoarding!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh poo poo, Bkub has a non-touhou manga! Squirrel Nuts

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 22, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well that's cool/a shame, then!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anatharon posted:

Off to a great start.
It was ok but I didn't like how it turned into dbz

Bugless is freiza

The alien is cell

Gai is Goku

The girl is Gohan

Everyone else is krillin

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If his name isn't literally just Gunhead they have hosed up

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sharkopath posted:

It's not

You don't call somebody with paraplegia no legs, thats rude.
Bullshit, the three legged hamster I rescued off the side of the road was named tripod and any other name was incorrect :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shishunki Bitter Change

This is an interesting one. It's a shojo drama/romcom...5koma(?), but it starts off with an elementary school boy falling out of a tree and hitting heads with an elementary school girl, swapping bodies. They agree to meet up the following day to figure out how to fix it, and do so. Except...they can't fix it. And time goes on. And then they move on to middle school. And then to high school, and they may never switch back. It's an interesting take on the gender-bender type of series, and has zero fanservice.

My one complaint is the translator is creepy and adds gross little fake translations at the end of some the chapters, but that's not reflective of the series itself, at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The author who also does The Magician's Bride(mahou tsukai no yome) is making a more typical romance series as well, about a high schooler who gets together with a college graduate and they agree to marry once he's out of high school. It's super sweet so long as you're not offended by those sorts of romances. I like all the characters in it, even if some may not be good people themselves, and it's just really cute most of the time.

quote:

Kanako is a young woman who is running an old book store. One day, a customer comes in who shares her taste in books. He's a teenager named Akio, and he and Kanako quickly find that their taste in books is only the first of many ways that they fit together well. Kanako immediately realizes she wants to be with him, and soon blurts out awkward things, like proposals of marriage and cohabitation. Despite their different ages and their awkwardness, it seems like their relationship has the potential to grow into something beautiful.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This series showed up on Kissmanga's recent updates a bit ago, Spotted Flower

A tale of a hardcore otaku and his pregnant wife.

The wife, she just wants to get some, but the husband, he's a weenie.

Series is NWS, but it's adorable and funny most of the time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
As soon as there's a good one, make a thread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a great series but was recommended last page

edit: by me, even.

Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicles is pretty rad, and Kishiro still has those bonkers cyborg/cyberpunk designs and nuts story.
I really like the design of this dude, he rides around on a wheel made of the whip-weapon he attacks with.
Artwork and style is still fantastic, too.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 30, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jyoshikausei popped up on KM's recent updates and seems like a cute little comedy series about a carefree goofball of a girl, just read the first chapter and it was charming and funny.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She is the Rokurokubi

A funny, adorable romcom about a girl with an extendable neck, and other yokai-people.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Spirit circle is a 100% pro read

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Do not misquote me, you libelous slanderer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ancient magus bride is phenomenal and translated by our very own AnonSpore

Hatsukoi zombie immediately made me think of ME ME ME with the objectification angle and also a bit of TWGOK

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Which is why I said it gives me a ME ME ME vibe, because the main girl is skeeved out at the mc's imagined version of her, and how many of the love zombie versions of most girls in the series have way more pronounced figures than their counterparts in reality. I think it's got more of a message than just "hey lookit dem titties", but we'll have to see where it goes from here. A bunch of new chapters have come out recently, so apparently there's a fair amount of untranslated chapters left.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Same, so we're both gonna be mad

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheFallenEvincar posted:

so I take it Ancient Magus Bride is worth looking past the whole creepy slave bride of a goat being...aspect...?
not trying to judge, just asking
Elias is more complicated a character than that, and that aspect of the story takes a backseat until you eventually understand why he did it in the first place. he is not human, but wants to be more human, and does things he thinks people do to try and understand how emotions and people work.

Essentially, BEEP BOOP WHAT. IS. LOVE.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tamen de Gushi is one of the few good manwha and also keeps its panels neat and orderly. It's mostly a yuri series about two girls, one who loves the other, and the other who's not too sure, and their various hijinks(sometimes it focuses on other characters too).

the chapter the below two images are from, it's great

I've been to places like that. It's generally a really bad idea to try and win that wager, whatever you might win as a prize, you'll be paying through intestinal agony later

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Depends on the place you go to, while it wasn't ramen, I took a hot wings challenge and

Hoo boy

Hoo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Let's Lagoon, a supernatural series about a time-traveling tropical island. But that's not really important, shenanigans are.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm a few chapters in, it's good but not the greatest

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Love Buzz (only two chapters out from the existing completed 3 volumes but it shows promise)

quote:

Pro wrestler Fuji Kaoru disappeared one day during a match. Now five years later she shows up again at her old gym unnanounced, with her five-year-old daughter in tow. But not everyone is ready to welcome her back with open arms, especially her former best friend Yuri, whose anger and hurt at Kaoru's betrayal are far deeper than Kaoru ever imagined.

The Hero is Dead!
Idiot loser villager sets a spike pit trap to kill a demon attacking his village, accidentally kills the Legendary Hero with it instead. As punishment, he has to become the Hero himself. Every single person in this series is an idiot, ESPECIALLY the MC, and except the main girl(and sometimes even then).

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 18, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe that still exists.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh poo poo I had skipped over that one, I didn't know it was by the hitoribocchi author, picking it up now!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Chikyuu no houkago is surprisingly good, wasn't expecting much when I first found it, figuring it'd just be another slice-of-life series(albeit postapocalyptic). It is that, but the shenanigans and tomfoolery and occasional romance are split up by flashbacks and scenes of nightmarish body horror. The gist of it is that all but a handful of humans have been erased from existence by "Phantoms", blob-like creatures that appear out of nowhere and, well, and they do this to people:

linked for graphic body horror
http://i.imgur.com/utf1a2z.png

The art is good too, and the series is completed at 7 volumes, just a matter of the remainder being scanlated.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Tamen de gushi is super good, yes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yandere kanojo

A very promising first page, hope this is good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The chapters for yandere kanojo on kissmanga go 1, 1.5, 2 2.5 etc, should I read them like that or are the .5s remakes of the original 4komas?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ok, but at t he same time, or do the .5's on a separate readthrough?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RubberLuffy posted:

Yandere Kanojo does a really good job of growing its characters beyond the initial hook of "yankee girl" and "boring glasses dude" and has some good dramatic moments as a result.
like not even 5 chapters in and the characters have shown actual growth already, complete with some stuff that some non-4koma series take a hundred chapters to do. Pretty impressed!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Cats are monsters, this is known

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Futaba Anzu posted:

a dog will eat the corpse of its owner after three or so days because it stops seeing it as their owner
Not to get too into detail here, but this is more accurate to people than you might think, as well. Though without the cannibalism thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Koisuru Yankee Girl

it starts out with a very harsh-looking yankee girl confessing to the boy she likes, and, mistakenly thinking he's being bullied, the boy says yes. It's super cute. Not a lot of chapters out right now, though they've been putting new ones out fairly regularly.

• Locked thread