Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

Can korean manwha be posted here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Then I will never stop attempting to get people to read this Manwha.

I still don't know why the author would put this much detail and effort into his comic since it's all one gigantic dick joke but it's funny and fun so I don't care. Have a few more images.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Avulsion posted:

I was a Sword when I Reincarnated!

How many chapters have been translated thus far? It's interesting.

khy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 4, 2017

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Onean posted:

Only six as far as I can find. There is a WN/LN the manga is based on, but I haven't checked it out. Apparently it's a lot slower at the start, with the sword's grinding apparently drawn out for a bit.

I enjoy how it tries to make the MC cute and then goes off the rails with some guy's legs getting chopped off and blood spurting out of the stumps like crazy.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Pierson posted:

People keep mentioning Konosuba a lot so somebody should post some images to convince me to read it.

IIRC It's an anime based off of a web novel which was turned into a light novel and never was a manga.

But the best way to describe it is 'Idiot is reincarnated with another idiot into a fantasy world where they join up with other idiots to all sabotage one another with extreme idiocy. Also explosions.'

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Ages ago back in Jr High I used to read a series of novels about a person from our world transported to another, so Isekai stuff has a somewhat nostalgic appeal to me. Reincarnated as a Sword and Knights & Magic are my guilty pleasures. I hadn't heard how bad Re:Monster was but I'm glad this thread is here as I can happily avoid it now.

I prefer the Manga to the LN/WN translations though. Somehow I always get this feeling when reading translated novels that the differences in grammar and sentence structure is leaving out a lot of inflection and detail. Manga still has some issues with that but less so. I don't know if the reason there's huge delays and gaps between chapters in the 'Reincarnated as a Sword' manga are due to long delays between chapters or if there's a lot of chapters and we're just very slowly catching up, but I hope more becomes available soon.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Hungry Marie

Someone please find out what the gently caress they've been dosing Tamura Ryuuhei with

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Meme Emulator posted:

They swapped Ammonia and Sodium Bicarb somehow. The scan I read had them in the right palce

I used to get so confused as to why dog pee was needed for Sodium Bicarbonate, until someone mentioned that swap in the Dr Stone thread. Though I think cat pee contains more ammonia. If only Senkuu had known, he could have harvested the lion bladders.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I could use something interesting to read. Preferrably something with some action, but also avoiding fanservicey stuff. I often prefer more fantastic or sci-fi series to more realistic ones. Any suggestions?

I've caught up recently on the following : Dungeon Meshi, Black Clover, Dr Stone, Hungry Marie, My Hero Academia, OPM, Jitsu Wa, and I keep up with a half dozen korean manhwa. I'm currently reading Teppu but since it doesn't seem super long I anticipate needing more to read soon.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

dogsicle posted:

the idea of a quintessential recommendation just seems annoying to me

I would have agreed before I had read Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa. Now that I've read that I can recommend it to anyone just because of the reaction faces alone.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

HenryEx posted:

DM's writing is superb, but good writing has never meant that anyone could enjoy it. I'd wager some art films would be way more popular if only the writing matters, but many people can't or don't want to look past whatever "artsyness" they employ that makes them not-mainstream.

I enjoy DM but there's this weirdly unsettling feeling I get when I read it. Part of it is I find the fighter guy and the dwarf guy creepy since the two of them seem to be genuinely more interested in 'How does this monster taste?' than literally anything else, including rescuing the girl they returned to the dungeon for.

Hinamatsuri is fun but the MC and title character can be very unlikable (It reminds me of Teppu in that regard, though it doesn't really have any other similarities beyond that). The supporting cast is FANTASTIC though, especially Hitomi Mishima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fellis posted:

How do you feel about psychological thrillers? There's action, but more in the form of people doing crazy things instead of physical action. If you're cool with that, quantum physics, and a murder mystery then you'll love Qualia the Purple

It's only 18 chapters (and finished!) but each chapter is like 30 pages. It's also pretty nuts and quite a ride from the first major twist.

Just finished it. Pretty nuts is a little bit of an understatement, but it was fun. At least it had a nice ending, even if it left a lot of things unanswered.

• Locked thread