Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Arbitrary image limits are dumb, since the amount of information contained in a single image can vary wildly.

Here's some stuff I posted in the old thread, now with more images:

Natsunokumo

I had trouble picking a single image because every page of this is beautiful. The character is a assassin/therapist in a virtual reality game. He helps to cure gaming addicts by PKing them until they delete their characters and quit the game. He gets hired to protect a community for abused children undergoing virtual group therapy after one of the members kills their family in real life and draws the attention of every player-killer in the online world. By the author of Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru.

Front Mission - Dog Life & Dog Style

The author set out to make the most brutally horrifying war story about giant robots and did a pretty good job of it. This a series where a glorious death means your family can buy a nice apartment with your death benefits and a happy ending means escaping the warzone and being sold into prostitution. The only character with any kind of plot armor is a creepy, voyeuristic photojournalist who is so nondescript that soldiers, bullets, and shrapnel seem to ignore his very existence. First half is great, but Volumes 5-10 are missing or incomplete.

On a lighter note, there's Freaks' Squeele

Looks like your standard monster school for super-heroes, until a costume contest/publicity stunt gone wrong convinces the world that they're actually a school for super-villains. Great art, clever action scenes, weaponized ginger-bread men, swordsmithing tutorials, and a charming cast of misfits. The scanlator got a cease & desist halfway through the over-the-top dark and mysterious teacher's super-dark and super-mysterious origin story.

Aura From Another Planet is a Korean funnybook about a couple of alien siblings who wind up stranded on earth. It's a stereotypical story about trying to fit in, make friends, and influence people. Minus that part about trying to fit in.

Teppu used to have a thread, but it's fallen into the archives. It's your typical fighting manga about high school girls, but told from the antagonist's perspective. Ishidou Natsuo is a naturally talented fighter who likes to beat people up to alleviate the boredom of being great at everything. She meets an annoyingly cheerful and friendly transfer student who practices MMA and walks away from the encounter with a bloody nose and a new life goal: To beat the poo poo out of that smiling idiot with the Eyebrows. Great art, fun fights, and entertaining characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Sharkopath posted:

玲瓏館健在なりや

Also known as Reiroukan Kenzai Nariya

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Fire Punch is a dumb story about super powered people wandering around a frozen earth getting in fights and slowly going insane. The main character is a guy who is on fire and punches people. The story was kind of dull and grim until this crazy immortal woman showed up and decided to make a movie about his life and adventures.

Destruction Princess: Boy meets girl, girl falls down hole into underground demon dimension, slaughters her way out and returns years later as a demon queen intent on conquering the Earth. This is a heartwarming story of how she reconnects with her loved ones as she plots the subjugation of humanity.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Captain Invictus posted:

It got really really bad in I am a hero, too.

I once saw someone praising I am a Hero for how detailed the art was, then they posted a page that was just a picture of a real place with a photoshop filter over it.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I was a Sword when I Reincarnated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I binged through Gantz in a single weekend and it was one hell of a ride, though I imagine that final arc would have been horrible to read one week at a time.

• Locked thread