Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patware
Jan 3, 2005

In regards to Manaka playing a sorcery on her opponent's turn, that was probably possible because she'd played it face down earlier, which one assumes leaves the card somehow vulnerable (have we seen any instances of cards targetting face down cards?). Instants, of course, wouldn't have to be prepared like that.

I wish there was some more explanation for the face down stuff, it's the biggest change from M:tG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Patware posted:

In regards to Manaka playing a sorcery on her opponent's turn, that was probably possible because she'd played it face down earlier, which one assumes leaves the card somehow vulnerable (have we seen any instances of cards targetting face down cards?). Instants, of course, wouldn't have to be prepared like that.

I wish there was some more explanation for the face down stuff, it's the biggest change from M:tG.

It's like Yu-Gi-Oh. Y'all thinking about this too much.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i hope in the wizard's soul story the girl just never loses another card game and becomse the #1 card gamer in the whole world and her boyfriend gets even more insecure and then someone who appreciates the card gamer girl becomes her boyfriend and that person who appreciates the card gamer girl and becomes her boyfriend is me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*bursts into 3 pages of magic he gathering strategy discussion* NEERRRRRRDDDDSSSS!!!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm glad Ouji is nice.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Gyra_Solune posted:

you're going to love the next opponent in wizard's soul then

i fear for the flood of cat puns to come

Uhhhh...didn't she beat her off camera on the last page?

Patware posted:

I can dig a MTG/YGO mix, but the author needs to scale back the power level of some of those cards. An instant speed Insurrection that lets you swing on their turn? Doesn't matter how expensive a card that is, that's broke as gently caress. I don't care how "bad" control is in their fake meta.

Edit: That being said, those "pro" players are obviously the Insector Haga and Dino Ryuzaki of this manga because they're named adversaries that do stupid things like play into Treason and Wrath effects.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 21, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

AlternateNu posted:

I can dig a MTG/YGO mix, but the author needs to scale back the power level of some of those cards. An instant speed Insurrection that lets you swing on their turn? Doesn't matter how expensive a card that is, that's broke as gently caress. I don't care how "bad" control is in their fake meta.

Edit: That being said, those "pro" players are obviously the Insector Haga and Dino Ryuzaki of this manga because they're named adversaries that do stupid things like play into Treason and Wrath effects.

THat was a two (or three?) card combo though.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's like Yu-Gi-Oh. Y'all thinking about this too much.

incorrect, this game seems to be 1000% less for babby

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

AlternateNu posted:

oh

huh

she certainly did

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Paying what is (probably) 3UUBBR, sacrifice 4 lands, with two cards and you must play one of those cards as some sort of spell-morph so that you can activate it at instant speed on your opponent's turn seems sufficiently janky that I'd be okay about someone pulling that off.

The idea that someone could cast Upheaval at instant speed would be utterly terrifying though.

Edit: Without telegraphing it with like Vedalken Orrery or something, anyway.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Really the thing bothering me is that Manaka is living the dream where a Transformative sideboard isn't a terrible gimmick.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

In Training posted:

*bursts into 3 pages of magic he gathering strategy discussion* NEERRRRRRDDDDSSSS!!!!!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

OneDeadman posted:

Really the thing bothering me is that Manaka is living the dream where a Transformative sideboard isn't a terrible gimmick.
So you haven't been around for the last year or three where Twin decks tend to sideboard from a combo deck to a control shell?

Transformative sideboards tend to be common for a certain definition of what "transformative" means, especially when doing a minor step like going from permission to a different type of control. Not sure what she's pulling to go to a mill deck though.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Twiddy posted:

So you haven't been around for the last year or three where Twin decks tend to sideboard from a combo deck to a control shell?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Cant wait for the next drinking girls chapter so this thread can talk about something cool like getting sloshed alone in your apartment again. :cheerdoge:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Cant wait for the next drinking girls chapter so this thread can talk about something cool like getting sloshed alone in your apartment again. :cheerdoge:

i dont drink in my apartment because im a klutz and might spill my drinks on my magic cards

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
moe.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Pretend I posted a bunch downsy looking clanned characters here.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

In anticipation, I'm getting sloshed with friends in my apartment this Saturday, and I bought Macallan Gold for the occasion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Drinking with other people??

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

In Training posted:

Drinking with other people??

I drink when I'm with other people, I drink when I'm alone!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

you're outta control man

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i dont drink in my apartment because im a klutz and might spill my drinks on my magic cards

The cards have their own shelf, storage container, and room. No drinks may enter there.

Especially when the cube comes out.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

http://imgur.com/a/Q7fCs

i was super lazy this chapter but y'all'll live

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Yes! Yes! Yes!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gym chapter in Drinking Girls :love:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i love these girls

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Q7fCs

i was super lazy this chapter but y'all'll live

The pictures of Japanese gyms at the end do not appear to be under-equipped.

Also, how expensive are we talking, here? Because UK gyms are about £50 a month, usually with a £40 set-up charge.

e; vv that's fair, it just looks like so many cardio machines I'm assuming there's weights somewhere off-screen.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 29, 2015

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Also, how expensive are we talking, here? Because UK gyms are about £50 a month, usually with a £40 set-up charge.

Those are just cardio machines. If the gyms don't have anything else they are under-equipped.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i think japanese gyms are just places for housewives to go and pretend to work out for 30 minutes

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I didn't see any free weights so yeah terrible

Its ok though micchan even if you get fat ill still drink with you

Thanks for the comics zoglin!!!

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Note that all of the machines are treadmills/bikes/etc. There is a severe lack of heavy things to pick up :(

The gyms in my area are a little more than 10,000 yen a month for a basic membership (which is upwards of 2x what I would expect to pay back in the US) with something like 15,000 as a sign up fee (though they run pretty frequent campaigns that waive some of that).

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think japanese gyms are just places for housewives to go and pretend to work out for 30 minutes

Also old people.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

Note that all of the machines are treadmills/bikes/etc. There is a severe lack of heavy things to pick up :(

The gyms in my area are a little more than 10,000 yen a month for a basic membership (which is upwards of 2x what I would expect to pay back in the US) with something like 15,000 as a sign up fee (though they run pretty frequent campaigns that waive some of that).

Youch. :(

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

z0glin Warchief posted:

Also old people.

Join a dojo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

z0glin Warchief posted:

Also old people.

[me pretending I know how much a gym membership costs while slurping down a 72oz cup of Dr. Pepper and double fisting Big Macs] Holy poo poo :stare:

• Locked thread