Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Doner kabob is the most correct and good food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

z0glin Warchief posted:

I actually just found out someone else is doing Otaku, so I though I would let them take over...but their translation is just riddled with errors, so I guess I'll keep doing it! Here's a short bonus chapter of it!

I'll probably put it up on batoto or something soon.

For Drinking Girls I only have one chapter left in volume one (which is all I have), but I'll try to get my hands on two or three more chapters after that since it looks like volume 2 won't be here for awhile.

Yeah, whoever is translating it for Batoto right now sucks, do not give up on Otaku.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Everything Burrito posted:

:agreed:
I really love that one and I'm glad you're sticking with it rather than the other person.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

As a note, re: Macross Frontier, you are incorrect about Ranka and Sheryl. Sheryl is ultimately the love interest, rather than Ranka, though this is made more explicit in the movies than the show. Ranka's just the cute, bubbly and childish one. Sheryl is more adult and aware of her own sex appeal.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Agreed.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

How much patience do you have for incomprehensible technobabble?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

chumbler posted:

N ot translating "conbini" was the worst offense.

Better or worse than translating it as 'convenient store'?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That said, Roman's past includes goddamn Exodia from Yugioh.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Man, I would kill to win that way. I love deck stealing, been trying for it since Theros.

Incidentally, for those that don't follow Magic, go look up art from the next set to be released, Kaladesh. It is loving beautiful.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I forget if current mtg terminology is activate or use, but I think it is activate.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

During your turn, spells your opponents control cannot be cast and activated abilities your opponents control cannot be activated.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They work really hard to clean this stuff up, at least. But...yeah, there's an entire division dedicated to rules text management and figuring out how the rules work in edge cases.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That one is actually fairly simple, but wouldn't be worded that way any more.

These days it'd be:

Sliver creatures you control gain hexproof.

Hexproof, of course, is 'cannot be targeted by spells or abilities your opponents control.' It's the modern take on an older ability, Shroud, which was 'cannot be targeted by spells or abilities' and stopped even your own stuff from working on the thing that had Shroud. They changed it to Hexproof because Shroud confused people and they acted like it was Hexproof anyway.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, they've changed it so global creature-type buffs are now exclusively only on those you control. This includes Slivers. Slivers haven't been published in a few years, but they're still crazy in combination because that's the Sliver gimmick. However, there are ways to deal with it. General board wipe is my suggestion.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, hexproof, shroud and that sliver all only stop targeted abilities, which are any abilities that specific target <X> - creature, permanent, whatever. That's why untargeted board wipe or untargeted global debuffs are great.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

That's correct, you can take tests to get varying levels of Judge rank, and higher rank requires greater mastery of the rules, knowledge of how to spot cheating, and so on - as well as some enforcement of the social rules of MtG, these days. Judges are supposed to intervene in events of cheating and abusive language, too. Judges are there to handle all rules disputes and enforce tournament social rules, etc. Lower levels are volunteers, the top ranks are Wizards of the Coast employees.

Typically, your average game will not need a judge's call, but even expert players can be unsure in some rules interactions, and of course at high-level tournaments, players will be aggressively trying to interpret the rules in their own favor and push it as hard as they can, because money is on the line.

E: Slivers own, yeah. I love the stuff Magic gets people to play. The current set looks like it's going to be full of doing goofy shenanigans off of enters-the-battlefield triggers and using the new resource they introduced for the set, Energy. Also, it is pretty as gently caress.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Permission, maybe, but burn control can be really fun. I mean, your opponent at least gets to play their creatures for a short while. And deck theft control is loving awful, generally speaking. But hilarious when it works.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I love the current set's art more than any other MTG set we've had, ever, and I love a lot of them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kaladesh is basically artifact/inventor India and the art for it is all amazingly beautiful and often really intricately detailed.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

What's that you say?

Thopters?

Let me tell you about thopters.

Have we got thopters?

Thopters like you've never dreamed.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Huh, who knew 'girls who drink' was a genre.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The quality of Japanese whiskey is literally down to a single man who fell in love with Scotland and decided to try to make Scottish whiskey in Japan after going to Scotland, getting married and training under Scottish brewers.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I have been periodically looking into the bizarre and horrible terrarium that is the Batoto comments for zoglin's series...es? Otaku comments right now are arguing the temporal definition of slut and who should be called a slut.

And have been for over a month.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I do, but it's fascinating sometimes! Like a petri dish full of rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Two of the images are out of order - I want to say page 7 and 8 but I might be off by 1.

• Locked thread