Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah no kidding. I can understand her fanboys being a bit bummed but like, there should be some screaming going on after a play like that. Then again, maybe that's more of an American game thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

z0glin Warchief posted:

Oh apparently this is a thing:

I guess you just say "can't activate abilities" :downs:

Well it lets them activate abilities on lands, which seems important. They could still like, Maze of Ith. I also wonder if that specific omission is there to allow players to pay mana costs triggered by their opponent (Of the "unless your opponent pays X" variety) because that otherwise might deactivate the ability to tap for mana.
:goonsay:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Also, with regards to hype chat, I remembered that Japanese fighting game players in the US frequently wear headphones because they aren't prepared to deal with the screaming

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Countblanc posted:

its more because game audio is an advantage if you can hear it clearly. it isnt like there's a shortage of noise in japanese arcades

It's really only Japanese players that do it regularly though.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I thought her play style was more of a mind game thing. Actual card players can be pretty friendly even at high levels but there are players who definitely try to throw off opponents by playing very flatly without betraying emotion to avoid giving reads or to demoralize their opponents. I figured it was just another symptom of her play-to-win style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Also I'm pretty sure plain color sleeves in good condition are basically required for pro level competitive magic to prevent card marking.

• Locked thread