Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

am I going to be able to appreciate Wizard's Soul if I know nothing about...well, any card game, but MTG in particular

People who play control decks are dicks. That's all you really need to know. Everything else is either adequately explained or wholly irrelevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I still laugh every time I think of this. Micchan is the best, as is zoglin for bringing her to us.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Otaku love series is very good, but Micchan is too powerful.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She certainly can.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a big fan of whiskey and bourbon and like to drink it straight generally. I tried scotch once (Johnny Walker black label) but wasn't big on it. Might have to give it another shot someday.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blhue posted:

I like ardbeg. a good scotch smells like rocket fuel but tastes like warmth and all that is good in the world.

Likewise for bourbon, but it also tastes like rocket fuel and all that is good in the world. But then I got through the end of grad school on a healthy diet of bottom shelf rotgut.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Red/green with big stompy critters is the only honorable way to play MtG.

Goblins are also acceptable.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope someday to love something as much as Micchan loves beer.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Drinking Girls is still so good. Thank you, z0glin.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Erg posted:

Those two are so cute :3:

They are, but I want to see more of the other couple on their own, because they are at least as cute.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

I'm not so much a fan of this chapter, but here it is. Two "chapters" left in this volume; a short followup to this chapter and another 'extras' chapter with mostly self-contained one/two page gags.

Those boobs.

But seriously, I like Kabakura and Koyanagi more than the main couple.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They are both good. There is no need to rank them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Japanese bar food looks so good. You're doing god's work, z0glin.

I don't really get the last page, though. The dude was the other woman's husband, not Yoshida, right?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am rooting for these cute otakus, and their difficult love.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am glad that you have been reunited with your wife, Dick.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

They should make a drinking girls anime and do a crossover with working and wakako zake.

And Servant x Service.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm drinking right now.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Most of the pages are not loading for me, but I at least get enough of them to know he wants to be a witch and heck, same.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Micchan is stronger than I am. I only made it like 2 days when I tried to cut back on my drinking.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I love these dumb loving dorks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Indeed, why is Koyanagi so god drat cool?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Compendium posted:

Why do people do this in translations in the year 2016

thank you for your hard work zoglin

N ot translating "conbini" was the worst offense.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anime of the year.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Which otaku couple and drinking girl are your favorites?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poor Kabakura can never catch a break.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish I were as diligent and motivated as Sono.

She needs to learn some cooking, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I mean to be fair, rear end in a top hat control decks aren't going to win you many friends in casual play. Tournaments of course are a different matter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Throwing down big stompy creatures is the only true and honorable way to cards game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also there is no shame in goblin decks, provided your primary objective is seeing just how many goblins you can make.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

Huh, who knew 'girls who drink' was a genre.

We should all be glad of it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This is good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

I will marry Michiko

You'll have to fight me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like the Comic Zin mascot-ish image.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think it was mostly that the things the grandparents said in some instances were just weird in a "no one speaking English would ever say anything like that augh" kind of way, as usually I translate by thinking "what would this character be saying here if they were a native english speaker instead."

Anyway this chapter hasn't been QCd very thoroughly, but I need to go run errands so here it is.

Thank you. And Kabakura and Koyanagi are still the best.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

My Brother's Wife is cute, and good.

• Locked thread