Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
You are awesome both at translating and picking manga, thanks for doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh yay, Wizard's Soul! I'm excited you picked it up but don't get burnt out or anything :ohdear:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyra_Solune posted:

am I going to be able to appreciate Wizard's Soul if I know nothing about...well, any card game, but MTG in particular

Shouldn't be a problem. I don't know anything about card games and it's easy enough to follow because it doesn't spend a lot of time on the details of game mechanics or expect the reader to know how things work. I was concerned about that going into it myself and got hooked after a couple chapters but I will admit that I skimmed a little in some of the early card game parts.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

z0glin Warchief posted:

Another romance thing by Aki Eda, starring a goony goon.

(e; i promise i won't start any more new projects until i finish some)

eeeee this is already looking like it'll be really cute! Thanks for taking it on :D

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

*takes sip of moonshine out of a mason jar* lol

are you my neighbor?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

You do a great job with these, no need to rush it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I appreciated the notes on terminology; most of it I'd kinda gotten the gist of from context but that clarified some things.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Droyer posted:

I think the otaku in love manga is my favorite of what you translate. I really appreciate it

:agreed:
I really love that one and I'm glad you're sticking with it rather than the other person.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:lol: treasure hunt

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was the best

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i dont like the otaku love manga

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

e: oh god they're adorable

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 7, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:yeah:
a good chapter! thanks!

the waking up stuff at the end is very cute :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

z0glin Warchief posted:

Thanks! They're pretty fun to research, and I like blabbing on about random stuff. I'm glad they seem to be getting a good reception.

I really enjoy them as well!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ohhhhh I finally made the connection between the muscle wizard thing and that author's other stuff, that's same the person who wrote Mahou Shoujo Ore and that weird BL manga with the spoiled rich guy.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The shading on her mother's face is so ghoulish. It's basically the same as used elsewhere but the darkness of it really makes her mom look sinister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fellis posted:

Your thorough and informative translator notes are one of the best parts about reading the manga you translate, 'chief

yep, they're always interesting to read

• Locked thread